[Official] Playstation 5

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Between the 3 performance modes, which mode would you recommend playing for the best experience? And is the lower resolution noticeable in Performance RT?
You can watch this video and decide what you prefer in the end.

For me personally, I wanted the best fidelity. But what I found out is that when I turn my camera around, the whole background scenery became jittery and blur until I stop spinning around and aiming at the enemy.
I then begrudgingly tried to use RT Performance. I find it slightly less sharp. Like very slightly. But the difference... I can finally see the game environment clearly when I spin the camera around. World of a difference for this game. I'd trade fidelity just for the fact that I can actually see the environment more when I move the camera around as opposed to having the blur motion when looking around at 30fps with Fidelity mode.
For Spiderman, I preferred Fidelity. But this game, RT Performance was great.

Best implementation of motion blur too. Even by Digital Foundry's standards. Best to leave Motion Blur and Film Grain on. The game's implementation of this is top notch. It is not intrusive and applies at just the right things. Makes motion feel sooo much smoother. I highly recommend it.

Here's the Digital Foundry video to let you decide.

bakasora

Reaction score
I buy R&C Rift Apart on PSN at SGD$ 97.90 with debit card.
On the bank statement show $100.64
Is that debit or PSN surcharge?

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
I buy R&C Rift Apart on PSN at SGD$ 97.90 with debit card.
On the bank statement show $100.64
Is that debit or PSN surcharge?
Weird. I used PayPal to pay for my Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart Deluxe edition. It's exactly $109. No more, no less.

fusion89x

Reaction score
hi guys can i check, i recently bought R&C PS5 on the PS store asia. it shows i paid 97.90 on PS store transaction history but when i check my Credit card it shows 98.88.

it has an additional 1% charge. may i know why is this so? i am using a VISA CC to purchase.

for FF7R intermission i was charged an addtional 1% on the $25. cc statement shows $25.25.

any ideas?

Alvin_C

Reaction score
hi guys can i check, i recently bought R&C PS5 on the PS store asia. it shows i paid 97.90 on PS store transaction history but when i check my Credit card it shows 98.88.

it has an additional 1% charge. may i know why is this so? i am using a VISA CC to purchase.

for FF7R intermission i was charged an addtional 1% on the $25. cc statement shows $25.25.

any ideas?
suspect they are charges your bank imposed, you got to go through your credit cards’ terms and conditions for such electronic transactions. Otherwise, to avoid, use those prepaid cards like YouTrip.

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I renewed my membership.
The price also different as shown on my cc.
Saw it was billed to PS Tokyo

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When you pay in SGD but the charge is done overseas, it will incur DCC charges. Not earned by the merchant, it's just a processing costs.

So when you go overseas shopping, they ask if you want to charge in local currency or SGD, ALWAYS pick local currency. Their SGD rate is already inflated and you get DCC charge on top as well, modern day "trick".

Whereas for PSN, the payment is not processed in Singapore, you will get that charge. Same goes for a lot of other merchants, such as Nike SG. Some portals using PayPal can avoid that charge because PayPal can process it locally, because the payment goes to PayPal Singapore.

BassDude

Reaction score
https://www.amazon.sg/dp/B08H4YMC22/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_i_CARV96KC8H73SDZY60BM
For those looking for a good headset, arctis 7p now on sale on amazon US. about 32% cheaper than local retail

This was previously my favourite headset until I upgraded to arctis pro wireless. Still a very good headset at a good discount now

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

I'm using arctis pro wireless too. Did u update the headset to the latest firmware with ps5 mode? I have been having probs updating. If u did, how do u do it?

alexneoh

Reaction score
Currently I'm using Creative sxfi theater wireless headset for my ps5.

Should I change to Artic 7p for better sound quality?
Or both of them are not much different in term of sound quality?

Need some advice from yours guy. Thanks.

Daron_Ooi

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.