HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[PS4] Nioh

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2017, 08:12 AM   #46

jus finished the game... he nvr take the girl with him

sad
Bro mind to add spoiler tag anot for future posts of any regarding story or ending. Thanks ah
shin7829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 04:05 PM   #47
Arch-Supremacy Member

how do you rate the story?? satisfying anot?
the story is not really it's best part. it's just there to give you some direction and lore/bg for the bosses

it also makes itself stand out from the other souls games for having it's own story and personally i already felt very lost when playing any of the soul games so i like nioh more because i actually feel like i have a purpose besides some nameless ghoul walking around, killing everything that moves because theres nothing alive in the entire game that is my friend
shin7829 and WhiteHunter like this.

Last edited by tidiii; 17-02-2017 at 10:35 PM..
tidiii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 04:07 PM   #48
Arch-Supremacy Member

the last boss orochi so ez sia. but i stuck at clone kelly zzzz
Old 23-02-2017, 12:36 AM   #49

i died over 30+ times on the 2nd boss, Oricho something... inside the boat.
any idea how can i kill him... co op?
super difficult until i want to mati...
fun rpg and item system but then the difficulty is a turn off...
Old 23-02-2017, 09:53 AM   #50

i died over 30+ times on the 2nd boss, Oricho something... inside the boat.
any idea how can i kill him... co op?
super difficult until i want to mati...
fun rpg and item system but then the difficulty is a turn off...
Dash towards him when he's about to attack, hit 2-3 times at his back. Dont hit too many times he'll do a sweep, back off then rinse and repeat. These are basic souls-esque boss fight tactics, always dash towards the boss's left/right side when he attacks. Never dash backwards unless u're already a certain distance away, their frontal attacks are designed to hit a certain area in front, so if u're too close and u dash back, u'll still get hit

In any case, there's always youtube.
sugarwj likes this.

Last edited by qwertified; 27-02-2017 at 11:40 AM..
qwertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 09:09 AM   #51

is there any use min/max our gear in normal game ?

or is it better to just go new game plus fast as you can , then min / max later in new game plus , like diablo 3 go 70 as fast as you can cuz pre 70 gear is obsolete ?

oso any advice for reforging ? i spend 500K for reforging on 1 raikiri lvl 70 and didnt get a single purple attribute le
little_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 11:35 AM   #52

or is it better to just go new game plus fast as you can , then min / max later in new game plus , like diablo 3 go 70 as fast as you can cuz pre 70 gear is obsolete ?

oso any advice for reforging ? i spend 500K for reforging on 1 raikiri lvl 70 and didnt get a single purple attribute le
Honestly, i don't make use of the blacksmith functions most of the time, other then restock arrows and ammo. You'll always pick up better stuff along the way. Unless you die die wan to use raikiri from game start till game end, otherwise just ditch it and go for the next best thing for the moment. Later on you will pick up at least another raikiri, higher level also.

Reforging is random, you won't always get better stats. I did use soul match a few times, but it became to ex so i stopped bothering also, just dump the gear for whatever i picked up.

Just continue playing and hope u'll pick up a better one, which can happen easily (use the spider guardian spirit, it increases item drop rate). Throughout the game i picked up a bunch of raikiris even without the spider guardian spirit.

NG+ is... a very big leap from NG. I finished the game at lv 119, new game+ lowest level i see is 165, and its just sub mission. The main missions in the first area is 180+. Even after grinding for the bloody blacksmith request point trophy, i'm just lvl 131 now, and thats after grinding for 3-4 hours. So unless i'm gonna grind for another 30-40 levels which would probably take 20-30 hrs or so, i'm not gonna bother with NG+. Just the normal skeleton warrior need to hit dunno how many times to die. I'll just mop up the remaining trophies, get platinum and shelf it until the 3 dlc comes out.

Btw, in the event u considering to get platinum, don't finish the game yet. There is a glitch that allows u to get free blacksmith request points, just spam talking to Tome. It only works while u're still in NG, apparently still works with patch 1.05. Otherwise u'll have to go through the tedious way of replaying a certain NG+ sub mission for 200 times just to farm 20 mil gold like what i did lol.

Last edited by qwertified; 27-02-2017 at 11:42 AM..
Old 27-02-2017, 11:48 AM   #53

Or u can just forge raikiri, try ur luck. I dont think it requires any super rare material just use the stuff of highest quality. Best thing is the level will be of the highest that u can currently use
Old 27-02-2017, 02:43 PM   #54

How would you guys rate the difficulty level in such games?
DS>DS2>Bloodborne>DS3>Nioh>Lords of Fallen?

DS is known for not handholding the players. You are just thrown into the world, no instructions, not tutorial, nothing telling you what to do next or where to go, nothing telling you about the story even, you have to explore and find out yourself. Nioh does a better job at that right? It introduces new mechanics slowly, the first half dozen hours is basically a long tutorial? Is it actually accessible to new comers (say someone more used to action games like God of War or Devil May Cry)? (I keep hearing Nioh is more Onimusha + Ninja Gaiden than DS, it's very different game.)
Now that i've finished the game, i can safely say, at least in terms of difficulty, bloodborne > nioh > lords of the fallen. Nioh is actually very accessible.

1. u get OHKO rather easily in BB, no matter your level. Whether its the boss's ridiculous laser attacks or simply a stage trap like a boulder running down the slope or those spike traps or those sludges camping at the ceiling waiting to ambush u. In nioh, there are several methods to trivalise boss fights, sloth and lifeseal talismans especially. Traps are also not as deadly. Not to mention there are item attributes like "sense enemies", "treasure sense", "kodama sense" (this is for collectibles and other bonuses), "amrita sense", equip all those and u'll rarely get surprised by anything.

2. Bosses in BB have multiple phases, meaning they change or expend their movesets once u bring them down to a certain hp %. Normally there are at least 2 phases, and its natural to find the bosses getting exponentially more difficult the lower their hp. In nioh, most bosses employ pretty much 80-90% of their movesets from the start, once u figure them out, u'll beat them shortly. And of course based on the above point, there are easier ways to deal with bosses. BB? No way, u have to fight them just like that.

3. in BB there's only 1 currency, that currency is used for everything, buying items, level up, upgrade weapons, etc. So its more precious. In nioh, there's gold (which u use to buy stuff from the blacksmith as well as other functions) and amrita (level up only). When u die u only lose amrita, ur gold is always intact. So dying isn't as big a penalty.

4. Nioh has living weapon, which basically means god mode with a meter. No such thing in BB.
PierceLee likes this.

Last edited by qwertified; 27-02-2017 at 08:12 PM..
Old 27-02-2017, 02:54 PM   #55
Arch-Supremacy Member

how to kill the kelly clones sia
and right after him is got boss fight liao zzzz
Old 27-02-2017, 04:25 PM   #56

1. Poke the tubes and kill the yokai first, one by one
2. Shoot one of the tubes on the left row to aggro 1 clone, lure it back to the front and kill it asap
3. Use hand cannon blast the other 2 in the head, they shld die almost instantly

The clones will give u key, just unlock the door, the next time u die u can run past the lab to the boss
Old 27-02-2017, 06:01 PM   #57
Arch-Supremacy Member

1. Poke the tubes and kill the yokai first, one by one
2. Shoot one of the tubes on the left row to aggro 1 clone, lure it back to the front and kill it asap
3. Use hand cannon blast the other 2 in the head, they shld die almost instantly

The clones will give u key, just unlock the door, the next time u die u can run past the lab to the boss
i go in liao 1 clone spawn and 1 yokai spawn
Old 27-02-2017, 07:00 PM   #58

Btw, in the event u considering to get platinum, don't finish the game yet. There is a glitch that allows u to get free blacksmith request points, just spam talking to Tome. It only works while u're still in NG, apparently still works with patch 1.05. Otherwise u'll have to go through the tedious way of replaying a certain NG+ sub mission for 200 times just to farm 20 mil gold like what i did lol.
walauu u so gud le , how do u know stuff like this bro
little_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 07:47 PM   #59
Arch-Supremacy Member

walauu u so gud le , how do u know stuff like this bro
NG?

i tried spamming tome but she after awhile stop talking
Old 27-02-2017, 08:04 PM   #60

i go in liao 1 clone spawn and 1 yokai spawn
Dun go in the main room, stand at the part with 2 yokai tubes and do what i mentioned
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.