HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Eshop region nintendo switch

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2018, 03:54 PM   #1

Eshop region nintendo switch

Guys, just got my switch,

Do you guys purchase physical copy of the games at our local stores?

Or all E copies from the eshop? (If eshop, what region you all set to?)

PS: new owner, first nintendo device of my life
MrIceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2018, 04:13 PM   #2
High Supremacy Member

Same question here haha.

Anyway for games I only buy physical so it allows me to sell it later when I complete it.

I'm also wondering about the eshop region because Singapore there's non, though I know you can change to USA easily.

But once you unlock the codes from the game, you can't switch region without losing the coins or something right?
charleslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2018, 04:13 PM   #3

Nowadays you want cheaper physical copy game you can go compare lazada or shopee as a lot legit seller on those platform sElling games. Digital is full retail price, and usually we will shop around different country eshop to buy, u can start from USA eshop But most of the time digital games are more expensive then physical game .
mohaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 12:42 AM   #4

Guys, just got my switch,

Do you guys purchase physical copy of the games at our local stores?

Or all E copies from the eshop? (If eshop, what region you all set to?)

PS: new owner, first nintendo device of my life
i go for physical as i don't replay a game again once i completed it. i can resell it to gain some money back.

if you wish to go digitally, there's a web site comparing different region eshop prices to show which country to be purchased from with the cheapest
Elysium87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 09:28 AM   #5

Do you have the link for it?
MrIceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 08:44 AM   #6
Master Member

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/pricing/
Nintendo switch online is coming, just wonder how it affect those in Asian. Is it worth it ?
daristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 12:31 PM   #7

for those who are wondering to get physical or through eshop.

it's up to you whether you want to sell the game after completing or not.
if you want to get through eshop, use this web site and to find out which is cheaper.

https://eshop-prices.com/

i'm all about physical copy, recently there was a sales for hollow knight and there's only digital available, so i bought from Mexico eshop (it's consider as US ERSB version.)

so go find out the region you buying from, whether would it be a ERSB or PEGI version. pegi is eu side
Old 16-09-2018, 12:32 PM   #8

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/pricing/
Nintendo switch online is coming, just wonder how it affect those in Asian. Is it worth it ?
the question should be, are you playing multiplayer games online?

if yes, then you need to get it. as singapore does not have a eshop, most probably should be getting US subscription instead.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:42 PM   #9

for those who are wondering to get physical or through eshop.

it's up to you whether you want to sell the game after completing or not.
if you want to get through eshop, use this web site and to find out which is cheaper.

https://eshop-prices.com/

i'm all about physical copy, recently there was a sales for hollow knight and there's only digital available, so i bought from Mexico eshop (it's consider as US ERSB version.)

so go find out the region you buying from, whether would it be a ERSB or PEGI version. pegi is eu side
Can I asked if there's any differences when buying from eShop from different regions? Is US or EU preferred or it doesn't matter? Anything else to take note? Thanks in advance!
Arandalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 12:09 AM   #10
Supremacy Member

Can I asked if there's any differences when buying from eShop from different regions? Is US or EU preferred or it doesn't matter? Anything else to take note? Thanks in advance!
most important is the exchange rate to SGD.. i always use the eshop compare price website to see which region selling cheapest in exchange rate
khroness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:08 PM   #11

Physical Copies will gradually be cheaper but it depends on the games itself if they decided to make it cheaper. If games like Mario, Zelda or any of the really popular ones very hard for them to drop in price, so you will have to pray very hard to see if eShop got drop in prices or not. Or at least the boss give you some discount.

If you want I can recommend you go Sim Lim Square Tec-Drome buy from games ah. The boss there like to give discount one but if the specific game very ex don't hope for much la.
But even if got exchange rate difference they won't amount to much. End up may or may not be more expensive then buying physical goods.
XenonKirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 03:44 PM   #12
High Supremacy Member

So does it also means i can switch the E shop region around without any penalty later.

Cos my account and coins is in US. Now thinking of buying a digital copy ask me put ZIP code

(:?)
skytan13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.