HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

To get Nintendo Switch in Japan

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2019, 11:57 AM   #241

Just returned from Jap last week and brought a switch using CC.. S$362 which i think worth it
mvp1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:03 PM   #242

Now I think cheapest switch in sg is from qoo10 for a korean switch at 379, but during start of cny you could get one for 339 with a $50 coupon that they give you for free
towerkek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:11 PM   #243

Just returned from Jap last week and brought a switch using CC.. S$362 which i think worth it
Nope. Nowadays is easy to get local switch below 400 by shopping online and somemore got warranty.

Also korea switch also cheaper then your japan set
mohaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:53 PM   #244
Supremacy Member

last time i saw the qoo10 korean set got $20 shipping. so might need to factor that in too.

anyway if buy liao then just enjoy the set. for those haven't buy, just keep a lookout on shopee/qoo10/lazada. On and off will have deals for switch at 380-390+. Sometimes can use vouchers/shopback/gift cards to further reduce the amount.
Old 26-02-2019, 12:13 AM   #245

Now I think cheapest switch in sg is from qoo10 for a korean switch at 379, but during start of cny you could get one for 339 with a $50 coupon that they give you for free
But also no warranty. They give 1 year local warranty for a reason especially if it's sourced by Maxsoft.

You order from overseas and they arrive. If got some faulty issues within that 1 year you need send back also cost you money right?
So like what's the point?
Their warranty also not global kind of warranty. Just like PS4 their warranty also not global only regional. But in Nintendo Switch cases it's country based.
XenonKirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2019, 12:22 AM   #246

Then let's say if within 1 year it broke down and still within warranty. You gonna send it back or get a new one?
Cause at this point right... You are wasting more money. You go directly to Japan buy for what? Your plane ticket like how much already.
Not trying to take a piss at anyone who does that but at least use common sense. Why take the risk at all?
All the Nintendo switch are the same just that they got different sets. Because of their charging plugs and the packaging. That's the only real difference, other then warranty being an issue.
Languages also can set to any languages that they set into the switch itself.
Then just pray that you switch last past that 1 year.
Old 26-02-2019, 12:27 AM   #247

Hello,

Last min now in Japan and saw switch seems cheaper than in Singapore.

Anyone can confirm after (1 year Liao this thread).

The switch here in Japan still can work in Sg

I Google around and seems like the console has no region lock and can change language to English.

Thabks. Thanks
Cheap over there is one thing. But this isn't Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam and so on.
Nintendo Switch warranty doesn't work like the warranty for PS4 which is regional. A Nintendo Switch warranty is country based.
And think about how much is your plane ticket already. If you got the money to get a switch then you have the money to buy it in your own country with local warranty.
Don't cheap out for no reason just because over there cheap but a small margin.

As stated by others Qoo10 you order from there can still get discount. So don't risk getting overseas set if you don't want to risk your switch failing all of a sudden and having to spend extra just to send it back to Japan. And especially if you buy it from a store then that's the hassle.
Old 26-02-2019, 12:37 AM   #248

1 year + ago, i would say get overseas jp/kr. mine was export jp set, no issue.
now just get local since it's cheap liao.
Elysium87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2019, 06:14 PM   #249

How about accessories like Joy-con controllers?

Is it better/cheaper to buy locally in Singapore or there are better options outside?

Thanks in advance
quekie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2019, 06:37 PM   #250

It will be cheaper for sure as it came from there plus the tax refund. Make sure to not bring in the box with you - you might get charged in Changi.
defghijsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:54 PM   #251

anyone know the market price for a second hand nintendo switch?
fightorflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.