HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

To get Nintendo Switch in Japan

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2017, 06:07 PM   #31

LOL alot of us are going to japan this april hor?
rEe_TaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 01:48 AM   #32

I'm going on 7 April.....

Will be hunting for Amiibo myself
Will let u know the switch situation
I think 1st week of april Nintendo Switch are back on the shelves already, Thanks Bro doi keep us updated just read at the Jap website they will be resume online purchase of the console on Mar. 27 that is my plan B ... purchased online and have it delivered on a friend address in Tokyo. 😂😁
Old 22-03-2017, 01:51 AM   #33

[QUOTE=rEe_TaN;107020639]LOL alot of us are going to japan this april hor?[/QUOTE

Mostly 1 same objective ... buy the nintendo switch. 😁 coz sellers price locally are so unreasonable ... twice the price.
Old 22-03-2017, 09:02 AM   #34

[QUOTE=jibanyan;107027224]
LOL alot of us are going to japan this april hor?[/QUOTE

Mostly 1 same objective ... buy the nintendo switch. 😁 coz sellers price locally are so unreasonable ... twice the price.

Haha i go there for dragon beard shoes, Go Coo T-shirt and Cherry Blossom

And hopefully some BOTW amiibo

Already got my switch and having 80hrs of Zelda -.- and i hope i played the game the other way round. Now that i got the hand of it LOL
ATZW1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 12:56 PM   #35

[QUOTE=ATZW1980;107029161]

Haha i go there for dragon beard shoes, Go Coo T-shirt and Cherry Blossom

And hopefully some BOTW amiibo

Already got my switch and having 80hrs of Zelda -.- and i hope i played the game the other way round. Now that i got the hand of it LOL
Good for you ... trying to avoid the temptation to buy locally ... still can wait for my trip and buy it in Tokyo.
Old 22-03-2017, 01:40 PM   #36

[QUOTE=jibanyan;107032953]
Good for you ... trying to avoid the temptation to buy locally ... still can wait for my trip and buy it in Tokyo.

it not local also i'm in Europe most of the time XD

Just back to singapore when its my rest period
jibanyan likes this.
ATZW1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2017, 01:44 PM   #37

I am now in Kyoto, they have the switch now but you cannot buy off the shelve, you have to reserve one either on internet or yodobashi BUT you can only di that if you are local.. Still no information as to when switch can be bought off shelve
Seyvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2017, 05:29 PM   #38
Master Member

I am now in Kyoto, they have the switch now but you cannot buy off the shelve, you have to reserve one either on internet or yodobashi BUT you can only di that if you are local.. Still no information as to when switch can be bought off shelve
That's very smart of them. Similar to what they did during the iPhone 7 launch whereby tourists were snapping up units.
galliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2017, 06:04 PM   #39
Arch-Supremacy Member

Based on the Switch thread, some of our fellow local hwz forumers are facing hw problems like joy-con desync, left joy-con battery draining and feeling hot to touch, switch battery draining while in sleep mode and even when off, switch feeling hot to touch, dead pixel at the center of the switch screen etc. I don't know how many ppl here have the Switch already, the friend code thread shows about 30, so probably 60 have it? 4 or 5 ppl unlucky enough to encounter problem is a pretty high proportion. And this is still new, I fear some other problems could happen, like the fan failing over time, the kickstand breaking.

Not saying we should be paying Maxsoft tax (f**k them, no one should be paying that), but just be aware of what you are getting into if you don't have warranty. And just evaluate for yourself whether you really NEED to have the Switch now? (To play what? Zelda, a single-player game, play later won't die one; and then what? the super overpriced bomber man? and then buy all sorts of overpriced ports cos there is nothing else to play?) Chill lah, can wait just wait lor.
disappointing
nintendo alr acknowledge the manufacturing defects with the joycon (using wrong circuit board) and deck (no rubber)

but sg dun have nintendo so we have to go thru maxsoft
hopefully since nintendo is now aware, the new units can get without these errors

but the lcd thing is industry problem...
tidiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 04:01 PM   #40

How about osaka/den den town? Visiting the general region Next Week.
Psaakyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 05:22 PM   #41

How about osaka/den den town? Visiting the general region Next Week.
Hi i am currently in Osaka, went to denden town, bic camera and yodobashi, could not find any as all sold out as well
Seyvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 08:57 AM   #42

I am in osaka now and there is a shop that sells the switch, but however they know that it is OOS everywhere so they mark up price to 39000 yen instead of 29000+, which is the product launch price.

Last week i was at tokyo akihabara and also OOS for public but saw them have like 30 boxes of switch but all reserved for people who preordered.
jnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 09:25 AM   #43
Master Member

Just came back from tokyo. If ur intention is to get switch off e shelves prob no chance as all shops are out of stock. There was a lottery thingy on 26th at sofmap shops to buy e switch, but knowing japanese, they would have prob camped overnight or early morning, so i din go for it. End up the only shop i saw having e switch was selling at 37800yen(tax nt inclusive, 40k+ yen incl) was at Nakano. Even then there was only 1 set available there.
I honestly think even if stocks are coming in April, it will be e same situation as wat it is now, being snapped up in an instant
jibanyan likes this.
Old 29-03-2017, 09:35 AM   #44

I am in osaka now and there is a shop that sells the switch, but however they know that it is OOS everywhere so they mark up price to 39000 yen instead of 29000+, which is the product launch price.

Last week i was at tokyo akihabara and also OOS for public but saw them have like 30 boxes of switch but all reserved for people who preordered.
Aww ... that's bad news. Hope they replenish there stock by this week or at least 1st week of April according to some news online.
Old 29-03-2017, 10:19 AM   #45
Master Member

Seriously, don't risk getting from Japan lah. The Switch thread now so many ppl reported problems (joy con desync, battery depletes, dead pixels, gap between front bezel and back, gets too hot like 70 degrees, wifi dead after firmware update...). Many sent to Maxsoft already. I think well over 20 ppl (or posts) reporting problems there. Even those fanboys who used to say "where got de-sync pblm, i never encounter, stop whining", as though everyone who complained are lying to besmirch his favorite console, now diam diam already, only talk about the tons of overpriced accessories they bought and what other non-zelda games they are scraping up regardless how crappy and overpriced the ports are. Not saying we shld pay the Maxsoft tax, but no warranty can be a concern for this console atm. Perhaps it's a good thing there's no stock in Japan, cos it's probably better to wait a few months for Nintendo to overcome the teething problems and add desperately needed functions (like letting you copy out save files for backup, in case your Switch dies).
SliCk81 and jibanyan like this.
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.