HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Horizon Zero Dawn

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2017, 04:01 PM   #16

into the last mission and completed all side quest but not the hunting grounds

Try to get the weaver amour.

After that, its become relatively easy cos you will feel like Rambo.
sigurros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 04:14 PM   #17
Master Member

i hit lvl 39 in my 50% completion, already feel quite invincible,
kiryu86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 04:52 PM   #18

switch got this game?
petty blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 05:31 PM   #19

i switch to hard mode liao
cause i find normal mode too boring.

i think hard mode is challenging enough
can easily be killed by machine if not pro enough
shin7829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 05:37 PM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

jus got ultraweave armor

gg finish all sidequest then start final mission tonight
tidiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 11:56 PM   #21
Arch-Supremacy Member

switch got this game?
This game is PS exclusive.
Lemon Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 09:15 AM   #22
Master Member

switch got this game?
Switch = Zelda

PS4 = Horizon
Runez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 03:39 PM   #23

The recent updates they nerf some armor stats
Old 22-03-2017, 03:49 PM   #24

Is this a must get Game? What will be your ratings for this game out of 10?

attitude-Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 04:28 PM   #25
Supremacy Member

Is this a must get Game? What will be your ratings for this game out of 10?
what kind of games you like?

how new are you to gaming?

this is one of the blockbusters, no harm trying it out, and you can sell it off easily at 90% value atm if itz not your taste...
Old 22-03-2017, 04:42 PM   #26

The scenery and landscape is super impressive
Old 22-03-2017, 05:43 PM   #27

Objectively i would give 9/10 for what it is. Subjectively, i alrdy put the game one side for now and play nier automata. Nothing wrong with the game, i just tend to lose interest in open world games rather quickily, too many things to do. I did the same for witcher 3 and fallout 4 last time.
qwertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 06:27 PM   #28
Arch-Supremacy Member

i hit lvl 39 in my 50% completion, already feel quite invincible,
go fight 2 corrupted thunderjaw at once....u level 50 also will tio pwn..

Switch = Zelda

PS4 = Horizon
horizon is so much more chio than zelda...ofc zelda has a different art style which makes it look more boring and bland and the switch is not as powerful as the ps4...

but still talking about graphics objectively comparing the 2 games and not the system it is on or the art style...

Objectively i would give 9/10 for what it is. Subjectively, i alrdy put the game one side for now and play nier automata. Nothing wrong with the game, i just tend to lose interest in open world games rather quickily, too many things to do. I did the same for witcher 3 and fallout 4 last time.
like that subjectively every game is bad cus new game will always hold yr interest unless it is too short tt u complete it within a short time
tidiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 07:15 PM   #29
Master Member

My few minor nickpits about HZD are in the UI. There are a couple they could have improved:

- When in the menu, you have to drill down many layers, and yet the game doesn't let you move among groups in the same layer. You have to go back up a layer, select the next, then drill down again. For example, crafting menu, down to ammo menu, then there is one group for each weapon category. Drill down to say hunting bow ammo, there are some specific types, you can craft among these types easily. But if you want to go on to say sharpshooter bow ammo, you have to go back up a layer, select that group, go back down again. In most games, there will be a L2/R2 to flip between groups directly. Quite inconvenient here.

- When you place a custom waypoint, let's say somewhere northeast of your current position, the game doesn't just point you to the location directly. Instead it's very friendly and places a marker for some 100m from where you are, once you reach there, it with show the next 100m (or whatever) marker, and so on. It leads you to your destination through multiple hops. This is good but the problem is it will lead you there via main roads/paths, which may have you going north then turning east, instead of going straight directly in the northeast, straight line between 2 points (assuming there is no major obstacle preventing that). It does not place a waypoint marker on the compass bar at the top for you to get your bearing, if you choice to go directly in a straight line. I find myself constantly opening the big map cos the confusing connect-the-dots marker often points me in a direction I am sure is 'wrong'.

- I often have treasure boxes that I couldn't take everything out becos certain items, like health potion, is full in my inventory. Those boxes will remain in inventory with the remaining items. It would be good if it can automatically take the remaining items out for me when I use that item. Like when I use a health potion, and I have a box with one health potion inside, just automatically take it out for me and remove the box.

- Cannot adjust camera sensitivity. I find the default is ok but when in focus mode, panning around is way too slow. I understand that moving Aloy when in focus may be intentionally slow, panning the camera shouldn't be.

Maybe I am just missing something that's already there in the game but anyway I only found some UI related areas with room for improvement. Otherwise this game is solid gold (granted I am still a long long way from completing it).

Last edited by PierceLee; 22-03-2017 at 08:39 PM..
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 07:21 PM   #30

50hours clocked still enjoying
60%+++ completion

Some conversation are quite funny and nice
I love the climate and day night changes
Also the landscape alot. The details of waterfall rivers etc is very epic

Last edited by shin7829; 22-03-2017 at 07:45 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.