HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Horizon Zero Dawn

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2017, 02:22 AM   #31
Arch-Supremacy Member

jus finished the game

hope i got all allies achievement..i finished most of the side quests...
surprisingly i only needed 6 more skill points to max out the skill tree, missing 2 hunting ground (cant find LOL)

with the sylens spear, almost all humanoid is 1 strong hit kill..
bosses 3 precision arrows stack x2 shot is can kill if hit head...
the deathbringer also v ez, jus wait for it to open...then shoot..

with ultraweave, u can stand still and u wun even get hurt from the rocket and minigun

hzd and yakuza 0, best games on the ps4 for me no competition
only thing yakuza 0 sometimes v frustrating until u unlock the ultimate style, then combat become v fun

hopefully persona 5 also v nice

Last edited by tidiii; 23-03-2017 at 02:31 AM..
tidiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 09:14 AM   #32

like that subjectively every game is bad cus new game will always hold yr interest unless it is too short tt u complete it within a short time
I dun fully understand your statement but its true that i prefer shorter games nowadays, although there are longer games that hold my interest all the way from start to finish, a recent example is nioh. That game i spent abt 90 hrs to get platinum, way more than what was supposedly required to get platinum for horizon, and i finished it in 2 weeks before horizon is released. I suppose it has to do with certain aspects of game design that is to my preference, not necessarily challenge cause till now i still havent finish dark souls 3.

Last edited by qwertified; 23-03-2017 at 10:17 AM..
qwertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 10:02 AM   #33
Supremacy Member

I dun fully understand your statement but its true that i prefer shorter games nowadays, although there are longer games that hold my interest all the way from start to finish, a recent example is nioh. That game i spent abt 90 hrs to get platinum, way more than what was supposedly required for horizon, and i finished it in 2 weeks before horizon is released. I suppose it has to do with certain aspects of game design that is to my preference, not necessarily challenge cause till now i still havent finish dark souls 3.
i don't understand myself too

i bought horizon and play let it die instead lol...

i prefer titanfall over BF1

now i'm playing a mixed reviewed MEA, my fav DS3 and gorgeous uncharted campaign, captivating last guradian plus critically acclaimed horizon collecting dust now lol...

Last edited by jedi5diah; 23-03-2017 at 10:04 AM..
jedi5diah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 10:19 AM   #34

i don't understand myself too

i bought horizon and play let it die instead lol...

i prefer titanfall over BF1

now i'm playing a mixed reviewed MEA, my fav DS3 and gorgeous uncharted campaign, captivating last guradian plus critically acclaimed horizon collecting dust now lol...
No matter how good a game is,when its very big open world ,even with massive contents sometimes is unable to hold and sustain ppl playing cause its too overwhelming

Same goes for kingdom of amalur,dragon age ,red dead redemption, gta 5.

Its not say all or some of them sucks.

Horizon also same
Its really a good game but its not necessarily true that it can hold all players non stop playing

I like the game too yet I need to force myself to play it
Its not say that the story is bad or game play sucks. Its a good game however still fall under the curse of open world game.

Though I think horizon is alot more better than gta v in holding players. High chance goty liao
shin7829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 10:27 AM   #35

No matter how good a game is,when its very big open world ,even with massive contents sometimes is unable to hold and sustain ppl playing cause its too overwhelming

Horizon also same
Its really a good game but its not necessarily true that it can hold all players non stop playing

Its not say that the story is bad or game play sucks. Its a good game however still fall under the curse of open world game.

Though I think horizon is alot more better than gta v in holding players. High chance goty liao
Yeah as an open world game its among the best out there already, hence objectively i would give 9/10. If i really have to nitpick, i would say the soundtrack is not bad but not as good as the competition, i.e. nier automata lol.
qwertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 10:50 AM   #36
Master Member

go fight 2 corrupted thunderjaw at once....u level 50 also will tio pwn..

horizon is so much more chio than zelda...ofc zelda has a different art style which makes it look more boring and bland and the switch is not as powerful as the ps4...

but still talking about graphics objectively comparing the 2 games and not the system it is on or the art style...

like that subjectively every game is bad cus new game will always hold yr interest unless it is too short tt u complete it within a short time

never tio pwn at all, i fought 2 thunderjaw and a few small frys all around.

using explosive like blast and sticky bomb is the best way to kill them fast, need alot of blaze to keep crafting for bomb tho..

and always stock up full health potion, its an easy win.

the harder one would be the giant fish that can dive inside the ground and drill up at where u station, thats one quite hard to win.

but overall the most annoying machine is glinthawk. knn, sometimes 5-6 of them attacking at once, keep pewing ice down, then so hard to aim, even with concentration+ oso quite hard to aim. need to triplet fire arrow shoot them down to ground then use normal arrow to keep shooting them from far when they are down at ground to kill them, running toward them n try to critical stab usually not enough time, they get up really fast, unless they drop infront of u.
kiryu86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 10:55 AM   #37
Master Member

Horizon also same

too much open world game, feels very fatigue sometimes, sometimes its better to play some easy game like odin sphere to take a short break from all this open world rpg.

just hack n slash n kill.
kiryu86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 11:23 AM   #38

Ya at my age now very taxing to stamina
Old 23-03-2017, 11:58 PM   #39

Some of the conversation is really very well crafted . Especially those that u need to choose.
The way aloy reacted are priceless

Platinum liao
Shall not review any storyline spoilers

Game review
Story 9/10
Very nice .

Game play 9/10
all is good. However skill sets are abit boring. Equipment stats and tier differentiation can be improved for sure. Appreciate the outfit change appearance change effect.

Soundtrack 7/10
Not too bad. Quite fitting the storyline and etc. Definitely can be improved

Scenery/landscape/environment 10/10
They really make it so details that I think is perfect. Snow land , dessert, forest.
Details of waterfall, river, rain,sandstorm,snow,day,night

This really is another game that has surpass amalur the reckoning in terms of landscape details !

Sometimes other than playing the game I was admiring the scenery from top of mountain or , or viewing rivers ,sun on the water, waterfall etc

Game difficulty is good
Enemy AI is really quite intelligent

Dont try to get the ultimate armor early
Get it during late game better.Preferably before looming shadow. Just so it will not spoil the game challenge.

If they do make part2 hope it will be better

Last edited by shin7829; 28-03-2017 at 07:54 AM..
Old 31-03-2017, 08:57 PM   #40
Arch-Supremacy Member

This game nicer than witcher 3 or not,might consider buying after i finish all the yakuza series
God Of Pcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 11:55 PM   #41
Master Member

Platinum this too. My only criticisms are UI:
- manual way point not shown on compass bar, instead have to connect the dots step-by-step often through a long (and dangerous) route; (there's a patch yesterday that includes something about waypoint, but I already completed so didn't go check)
- have to drill down layers of menu, without option for flipping laterally
- switching weapons is tedious, should have a second weapon wheel (like Ratchet & Clank)
- cannot switch shoulder when aiming
- when aiming, often view is completely blocked by long grass or other environment elements
- cannot adjust camera sensitivity, focus mode really needs an accelerated camera movement
- when replenishing ammo/potions/traps at merchants, should have a 1-button buy all function; should allow selling ridge-wood at 0 shard, dropping them to get rid of them means dropping 100 at a time
- should automatically take ammo/potions/traps from treasure boxes
- some campfires do not remain activated (for fast travel), esp at the hunting grounds

There are a few other minor things, like some dialog spoken by NPCs don't make sense probably becos I didn't select certain dialog for Aloy earlier.

A few things I like that's done right here when other games failed:
- sometimes Aloy gets physically stuck, like between big rocks and cannot jump out, or crushed under big machine corpses after killing them, somehow the game seems to detect and after a few jump attempts it will bring you out
- if you fast travel to a location very near you, the loading is fast; the game doesn't attempt to reload everything on the nearby map when they are already in memory (unlike FFXV)
- side quests have story (kinda like witcher), not just fetch/kill only

I spent a lot of time taking pictures . Very good photo mode, especially like that you can change the time of day.

Now my PS4 wallpaper looks like this:

Last edited by PierceLee; 03-04-2017 at 10:08 PM..
PierceLee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 02:34 AM   #42

This game nicer than witcher 3 or not,might consider buying after i finish all the yakuza series
I loved both games, but HZD is the better of the two.
SiaoAngMoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 11:53 PM   #43

Does the game comes with the small booklet inside the disc cover? I open my brand new sealed and realised its missing.
blackicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 11:58 PM   #44

Its empty. Nothing one
Old 03-04-2017, 12:14 AM   #45
Supremacy Member

Game difficulty is good
Enemy AI is really quite intelligent

D
The saber tooth keep avoiding my shock trips ... i was like wtf

Its similar to Far Cry actually but fighting machines like creatures so much more epic.

Last edited by micheloving; 03-04-2017 at 12:20 AM..
micheloving is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.