HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Horizon Zero Dawn

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2017, 07:57 AM   #1

Horizon Zero Dawn

Discuss away.

Please remember to put spoiler tag if necessary(especially if u are sharing the storyline on any section of the game )
shin7829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:14 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Reporting in.

Still in the beginning. Tried hunting ground and killed some machine deer yesterday.
Lemon Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:33 PM   #3
Master Member

one day only play 2 hours, feel sleepy need to sleep liao, so far only been doing side quest. last night clear one cauldron, now can override more machines.
kiryu86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:55 PM   #4

i think my progress has not even reach the two of u lol

as of now i quite enjoy the story
Old 08-03-2017, 01:13 AM   #5
Master Member

Into the 5th hour already... taking my time for side missions and crafting my kits. Not sure if it's the fatigue of playing too much open world type... but I'm somewhat 'struggling' to enjoy the game. Well in a way, everything is good with the exploration, amazing graphics, combat and a rather compelling story.

Will continue. It's taking away my attention from admiring Zelda.

Considering both Horizon Zero Dawn and Zelda Breath of Wild r both AAA games.. there are actually many other similiarities in both games.
http://n4g.com/news/2026571/breath-o...hould-you-play
galliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:03 PM   #6

hi all, now it seems very hard to get a physical copy of the limited edition copy

currently in ps store, getting the digital deluxe copy before 14/03 at $80.10 will net 3 more free dlcs as below

Buy before Mar 14th to receive below bonus DLC:
• Nora Lookout Outfit − for effective camouflage
• Nora Longshot Bow − for improved accuracy
• Nora Machine Trapper Pack - weapon and outfit mods

digital deluxe also gives the nora keeper pack which the physical limited edition does not provide

so are the dlcs useful in the actual game or is not necessary as i always prefer physical disc rather than digital format and if the dlcs are not helpful then i might just go for the normal standard edition copy instead
lionheart80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:05 PM   #7

hi all, now it seems very hard to get a physical copy of the limited edition copy

currently in ps store, getting the digital deluxe copy before 14/03 at $80.10 will net 3 more free dlcs as below

Buy before Mar 14th to receive below bonus DLC:
• Nora Lookout Outfit − for effective camouflage
• Nora Longshot Bow − for improved accuracy
• Nora Machine Trapper Pack - weapon and outfit mods

digital deluxe also gives the nora keeper pack which the physical limited edition does not provide

so are the dlcs useful in the actual game or is not necessary as i always prefer physical disc rather than digital format and if the dlcs are not helpful then i might just go for the normal standard edition copy instead
As usual, DLC equipments usually just give you an extra boost in the beginning. Once you hit a certain point of the game, in game equipments will replace the DLC ones. Unless you care about collecting all the equipments in the game for collection purpose, you can get the physical version.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:58 AM   #8

As usual, DLC equipments usually just give you an extra boost in the beginning. Once you hit a certain point of the game, in game equipments will replace the DLC ones. Unless you care about collecting all the equipments in the game for collection purpose, you can get the physical version.
Hows atelier firis ?
English or chinese u get ?

I saw the limited edition chinese sub
Tempting to get
Old 10-03-2017, 10:18 AM   #9

Hows atelier firis ?
English or chinese u get ?

I saw the limited edition chinese sub
Tempting to get
Got the English physical copy. Its R2 though. Dont seem to have R3 English physically, been that way since the Rorona days I think.

Its pretty good, but the frames is kinda bad. Think its 30 FPS 720P only. If you got Pro, can use boost mode though, heard they say make quite a difference. I'm on normal PS4.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:09 PM   #10
Master Member

been playing 2 hours daily, probably have not even reach half way oso. quite hard to concentrate. play awhile feel tired liao. duno is it becuz the past year got too many open world game. then keep doing side quest non stop for al lthe open world games till sianz liao.
kiryu86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 08:04 PM   #11
Master Member

one of the best games of 2017.
currently playing and enjoying the journey. previous game that came close was uncharted 4.
storyline and dialogue is good. controls not to difficult to master.
wife likes to watch me play as graphics damn chio like watching a movie for her.
hoping will have DLC content or sequel.

9/10
SiaoAngMoh likes this.
jacko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 12:28 AM   #12

Just got the disc version last Saturday.

I'm very pleasantly surprised at how good the story-telling is in this game. Just about 10 hours in, but I'm already so invested in Aloy's quest and her world.
This is like pre-EA Bioware level of quality RPG.

Despite my general dislike of open-world games, I'm really enjoying myself so far. And yay for no tedious weapon/equipment repair mechanics or worse (weapons that break after 5-6 hits? wtf Nintendo).

Hopefully the rest of the game lives up to this incredibly strong start.
rokugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 07:55 AM   #13

I really appreciate the climate and day/night change !
Very beautiful especially when u on top of mountain
Old 14-03-2017, 09:12 AM   #14

been playing 2 hours daily, probably have not even reach half way oso. quite hard to concentrate. play awhile feel tired liao. duno is it becuz the past year got too many open world game. then keep doing side quest non stop for al lthe open world games till sianz liao.
I've been taking it real slow, only play like 1-2 times per week. Always got that overwhelming feeling that got a lot to do. Havent finish an open world game for a long time liao
qwertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 03:57 PM   #15

For the preorder bonus for the physical copy, does it come in a slip inside the cover or is it a separate piece? Cause I'm thinking of buying a sealed copy from a retailer, just wondering whether it'd contain the preorder bonus dlc?
swiftblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.