HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Last Guardian delayed again

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2016, 08:12 AM   #16
Greater Supremacy Member

Completed the game. A great experience... until the ending part. I wish it ended when reaching the last tower and HEA. Have to add a couple of complaints:

For a game with heavy focus on platforming, the platforming controls could use some tightening. When the boy is standing still, you can't really inch him in any direction, he will look like he's moving a step then almost back to original spot. When the boy starts moving, he sprints, real fast. This make him hard to control, especially when standing on a tiny platform with no room for movement and doing a stationary jump to the next tiny platform.

Making things worse is the camera. It likes to auto adjust itself. Like you move the camera to more top-down in order to judge your jump, it will automatically move back. You shift it to line up your jump, it will shift, and you miss. It's no fun having to try and try a long segment again for such stupid mistake.

The camera isn't good in tight spaces, kinda understandable since trico is big and he gets into tight spaces a lot, and if you are climbing him, there's really no place to put the camera. I am ok with that (used to it already actually, from my days of playing Dragon's Dogma, great practice climbing huge dragons).

btw, after completing, only gotten 4 trophies, 3 for completing (completing, completing under 30 hr, under 15 hr). Along the way only gotten 1 trophy, so sad. There's a completing in 5 hr trophy too. Forget it liao. This game no manual save, no multiple saves slots, too many missables to bother.

what...no manual save.. that sucks.. especially for games that can't leave much error if want to get trophies.

so fast complete...

overall will you recommend people to buy at release or wait for super special offer ?

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:07 AM   #17
Master Member

what...no manual save.. that sucks.. especially for games that can't leave much error if want to get trophies.

so fast complete...

overall will you recommend people to buy at release or wait for super special offer ?
Ya this game not very friendly for trophy hunting. No multiple save slots, no manual save, the auto-save is not obvious. After completing no chapter select also (there's no visible chapter in the game), 'continue' will start new game.

5 hr speed run can be frustrating cos often you know where you want trico to go and you know what command to give, he just wont go there, wasting lots of time. You will probably close app and relaunch a lot.

In theory you probably need 3 playthrus, the first one (optional) just play it without caring about trophies, don't read walkthru. Really this game deserves to be played like that to fully enjoy it. Then 1 run for all collectibles and miscellaneous trophies, and 1 more for speed run.

Trophy difficulty is probably going to be voted 2/10 (with walkthru) but its tedious.

As for whether to recommend, this type of game is not mainstream, it's puzzle platformer with lots of heart. If you like Ico, get it. Whether to get now or later kinda depends on how much you love Ico. There's no mp so no worry about other players being super high level. There are certainly spoilers, especially the ending, so you will want to avoid those. Otherwise can wait for sale if you are not eager to re-experience Ico.

The ending quite spoilt the game for me. It's not a sad ending that anyone can guess, like trico died or the boy died (you know he didn't die, right from the start an older man was narrating the story in first person) or "it's all a dream" kind of bs ending. I don't even understand anything that happens after entering the white tower and going up. That lowered my overall score of the game significantly, so if I were to give recommendation based on my review score, it will be a wait. Have to keep reminding myself of the great journey along the way. Again, all comes down to how much you love Ico and how eager to play. If you are a pet person and like cats, recommendation goes up a few knotches.

Last edited by PierceLee; 08-12-2016 at 10:11 AM..
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:22 AM   #18
Greater Supremacy Member

Ya this game not very friendly for trophy hunting. No multiple save slots, no manual save, the auto-save is not obvious. After completing no chapter select also (there's no visible chapter in the game), 'continue' will start new game.

5 hr speed run can be frustrating cos often you know where you want trico to go and you know what command to give, he just wont go there, wasting lots of time. You will probably close app and relaunch a lot.

In theory you probably need 3 playthrus, the first one (optional) just play it without caring about trophies, don't read walkthru. Really this game deserves to be played like that to fully enjoy it. Then 1 run for all collectibles and miscellaneous trophies, and 1 more for speed run.

Trophy difficulty is probably going to be voted 2/10 (with walkthru) but its tedious.

As for whether to recommend, this type of game is not mainstream, it's puzzle platformer with lots of heart. If you like Ico, get it. Whether to get now or later kinda depends on how much you love Ico. There's no mp so no worry about other players being super high level. There are certainly spoilers, especially the ending, so you will want to avoid those. Otherwise can wait for sale if you are not eager to re-experience Ico.

The ending quite spoilt the game for me. It's not a sad ending that anyone can guess, like trico died or the boy died (you know he didn't die, right from the start an older man was narrating the story in first person) or "it's all a dream" kind of bs ending. I don't even understand anything that happens after entering the white tower and going up. That lowered my overall score of the game significantly, so if I were to give recommendation based on my review score, it will be a wait. Have to keep reminding myself of the great journey along the way. Again, all comes down to how much you love Ico and how eager to play. If you are a pet person and like cats, recommendation goes up a few knotches.
i will wait for offer then,

1 - super short game length

2 - no replay value or so it seems, this type of game unless u want to beat the timing or get plat, most probably won't touch it again.

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:52 AM   #19
Master Member

btw, try not to watch any video review. not that they may contain spoilers, but really simple things like oh he can jump ah, can ride on his back ah, oh got a place/puzzle like that ah, can climb there ah... those sort of things are best discovered by yourself rather than seeing them flashed in innocently looking video. Even the very beginning of the game, you may spend quite a while figuring that out but it's perfectly ok, the discovery/growth process is very satisfying.
Swordsman likes this.
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.