HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Last Guardian delayed again

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2016, 11:34 PM   #1

The Last Guardian delayed again

9 Farking years of development...and yet more delay.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...adbpr=10671602

One of the very FEW games that I preordered the Special Edition. I wish I can cancel but stupid me already paid full-price for it.

FARKING SONY.
They've really pissed me off lately. Increase in PS Plus pricing... PS4 Pro not supporting UHD Blu-ray...

This is what happens when any corporation becomes market leader, they revert to doing what they want and not what customer wants.
"For The Players" my foot lah.
/rant
rokugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:35 PM   #2
Master Member

9 Farking years of development...and yet more delay.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...adbpr=10671602

One of the very FEW games that I preordered the Special Edition. I wish I can cancel but stupid me already paid full-price for it.

FARKING SONY.
They've really pissed me off lately. Increase in PS Plus pricing... PS4 Pro not supporting UHD Blu-ray...

This is what happens when any corporation becomes market leader, they revert to doing what they want and not what customer wants.
"For The Players" my foot lah.
/rant
MrMundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:41 PM   #3

i am having a bad feeling that this is gonna end up being a trashy game. so far we did not really see much of the gameplay at all.
hyperx_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:35 AM   #4
Great Supremacy Member

its out today!
wadsad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:34 AM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nobody's talking about this game? Think only hardcore fans will play this.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:48 AM   #6
Master Member

It unlocked last night at 12 for me, going to stop FF15 temporarily and play this first. So far reviews are good too (Playstation Lifestyle gave it a 10/10, though PSLS tends to give high scores).
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:48 PM   #7
Master Member

Waiting for Funzsquare to msg me. Website states they close at 8. Not sure if I can make it down by 8.
galliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 02:19 PM   #8
Master Member

Nobody's talking about this game? Think only hardcore fans will play this.
waiting for this for 6 years

going to replay ICO HD on the ps3 1st
Runez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 03:15 PM   #9
Great Supremacy Member

Ding ding
dio brando and ckleow79 like this.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:55 PM   #10
Great Supremacy Member

played awhile.

biggest weakest of the game is the camera and graphics. starting sure headache until u get used to it. graphics (mainly background) can tell is really a game developed long ago. not the best looking, but good enough.

voice acting is superb. AI (beast) is clever. u can interact with it the way u should.

definitely not a flop.

Last edited by wadsad; 06-12-2016 at 09:57 PM..
Old 06-12-2016, 10:31 PM   #11
Master Member

What voice acting? It only has a narrator (made-up language) and the boy calling out to trico (only 3 variations, the most common one sounds like 'daniel' lol, and tru-ri-ku), no other voices. Basically it's just like Ico.

In fact it's very similar to Ico in the building architecture as well. The 'castle', or whatever it is, is so well designed with puzzles integrated into it. One problem with such games focusing on exploration is that I will be moving the camera looking high and low and everywhere (also searching for hidden food barrels to feed trico, basically just collectibles, he doesn't need feeding), can lead to motion sickness. I have the same problem with Tomb Raider series too.

The boy is no Lara Croft or Nathan Drake though (sometimes I do wish he can jump and climb like them). Good thing is he won't die when falling from high places (unless he falls from cliff into the oblivion), he will limp with one broken leg (try calling trico when the boy is hurt, his voice is lol) but just walk a few steps and he's fully healed (btw like Ico this game has no hp).

You need to work with trico to solve puzzles but it doesn't do what you want it to. It very much feels like a living breathing animal that exists in our real world. Trico's behavior, just like the architecture, is often a puzzle itself in certain places.

I wouldn't say the graphics is outdated, it's more an art style thing, with oversaturated color in bright daylight and dark areas. The motion/animation of the boy and trico really bring them to life. So no complaint on the technical side (didn't feel much presence of the sound/music though).

My only real complain is the button mapping. It uses triangle for climbing up, X for dropping down. I wish they allow swapping of buttons to the more common X to climb, O to drop.

So far I am enjoying it very much. It's been a long wait but the product is certainly worth it.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:57 PM   #12

Talking

hyperx_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:40 PM   #13
Master Member

My only real complain is the button mapping. It uses triangle for climbing up, X for dropping down. I wish they allow swapping of buttons to the more common X to climb, O to drop.

So far I am enjoying it very much. It's been a long wait but the product is certainly worth it.
Ditto. The button mapping is kinda bit odd (prob cos we r too used to FPS).
In any case, its a gem to play. The camera might need some work .. but then again ... it has not spoiled the fun and charm of the game.

Really very impressive. I last played ICO. Skipped Shadow of Colossus.
galliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:06 AM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

what is this?
rpg? action?
Old 08-12-2016, 01:00 AM   #15
Master Member

Completed the game. A great experience... until the ending part. I wish it ended when reaching the last tower and HEA. Have to add a couple of complaints:

For a game with heavy focus on platforming, the platforming controls could use some tightening. When the boy is standing still, you can't really inch him in any direction, he will look like he's moving a step then almost back to original spot. When the boy starts moving, he sprints, real fast. This make him hard to control, especially when standing on a tiny platform with no room for movement and doing a stationary jump to the next tiny platform.

Making things worse is the camera. It likes to auto adjust itself. Like you move the camera to more top-down in order to judge your jump, it will automatically move back. You shift it to line up your jump, it will shift, and you miss. It's no fun having to try and try a long segment again for such stupid mistake.

The camera isn't good in tight spaces, kinda understandable since trico is big and he gets into tight spaces a lot, and if you are climbing him, there's really no place to put the camera. I am ok with that (used to it already actually, from my days of playing Dragon's Dogma, great practice climbing huge dragons).

btw, after completing, only gotten 4 trophies, 3 for completing (completing, completing under 30 hr, under 15 hr). Along the way only gotten 1 trophy, so sad. There's a completing in 5 hr trophy too. Forget it liao. This game no manual save, no multiple saves slots, too many missables to bother.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.