LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2019, 09:10 AM   #5176
Master Member

TrueBeliever_jh likes this.
tjhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2019, 10:23 AM   #5177

https://eshop-prices.com/games/932-h...t?currency=SGD

hollow knight @ 13cents SGD

Any1 manage to buy? Cos my UOB cannot go thru at the payment screen.
matty78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2019, 03:38 PM   #5178

Any1 manage to buy? Cos my UOB cannot go thru at the payment screen.
I changed Nintendo eShop country to Colombia but I can't access the eShop lol. When I enter the eShop can only display the enter code section, can't see any games. My switch region is set to The Americas which I suppose should be correct since Colombia is South America. Can anyone help?

Last edited by Arandalo; 23-10-2019 at 04:02 PM..
Arandalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2019, 04:11 PM   #5179

Guide from other sites - >

1 - From accounts.nintendo.com, change your country to Argentina
2 - Visit the Argentina eShop (https://store.nintendo.com.ar/)
3 - For payment, use your real name and address, but select a random Argentinian province, insert a random 8-digit as your DNI (e.g. 12345678) and use your ZIP code (in my case Postal Code) as CPA.

Basically game code will be email to u, so u can enter at switch itself. But sg credit card seem blocked...
matty78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2019, 04:19 PM   #5180

3 - For payment, use your real name and address, but select a random Argentinian province, insert a random 8-digit as your DNI (e.g. 12345678) and use your ZIP code (in my case Postal Code) as CPA.

Basically game code will be email to u, so u can enter at switch itself. But sg credit card seem blocked...
Thanks I know how to change eShop country using Nintendo account website but it was weird that I couldn't access the eShop on switch.

I checked the Nintendo eShop website of Colombia and Chile both the prices are 32000 and 7500 respectively. Promo over?

Colombia
https://store.nintendo.co/hollow-knight

Chile
https://store.nintendo.cl/hollow-knight

Argentina
https://store.nintendo.com.ar/hollow-knight

Last edited by Arandalo; 23-10-2019 at 04:28 PM..
Old 23-10-2019, 04:25 PM   #5181
Master Member

Thanks I know how to change eShop country using Nintendo account website but it was weird that I couldn't access the eShop on switch.

I checked the Nintendo eShop website of Colombia and Chile both the prices are 32000 and 7500 respectively. Promo over?
Not all countries eshop accessible via the console le
Eg. HK also cannot...must be via web and use the code

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
KingOfSbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2019, 04:28 PM   #5182

even though this hollow knight is a pretty old game.. i highly recommend everyone to try it. its a really really good game imo
Zijin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2019, 04:50 PM   #5183

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
Thanks learn something new today. I guess the promo price is over?
Old 23-10-2019, 06:36 PM   #5184
Master Member

So for some countries/regions (like Colombia, HK) you purchase from eshop via a web browsers (on a PC, for example, instead of via the Switch console itself), then they send you a code, you redeem the code on the Switch console.

Questions (to anyone who have tried):

- Can the code be redeemed by another Nintendo account (instead of the one that bought it)?

- Must your account (that bought it) be set back to the same region (where you bought it from) before you redeem?

- Is there an expiry date for the redemption? (for example, Steam codes seem to last forever)

- When purchasing on the web, does the eshop check that your account has a Switch console registered before letting you make the purchase? (like, if someone hasn't bought a Switch yet but there is an insane deal, like $0.13, can he buy the game first?)

- Does it check whether you have a console compatible with the game? (like, if you have a Switch Lite but the game uses features only available on the bigger brother; or at least warn you that you need to get some joy-cons or a stand)
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2019, 08:59 PM   #5185

So for some countries/regions (like Colombia, HK) you purchase from eshop via a web browsers (on a PC, for example, instead of via the Switch console itself), then they send you a code, you redeem the code on the Switch console.

Questions (to anyone who have tried):

- Can the code be redeemed by another Nintendo account (instead of the one that bought it)?

I would say yes. I have redeemed a free game given out by a developer using a 16 digit code. I assume it's the same/similar.

- Must your account (that bought it) be set back to the same region (where you bought it from) before you redeem?

I would say yes. Again when I redeemed a free game from the developer they clearly stated that it works only in USA (country specific) eShop. In any case it isn't that hard to switch countries and then switch back.

- Is there an expiry date for the redemption? (for example, Steam codes seem to last forever)

Not sure but I will lean towards no. Why? eShop gift cards have no expiry date. However, again when I redeemed the free game the developer included a deadline to redeem. I have not tried redeeming after the deadline. Maybe it could work? But I would say that at least there's an option for the developer, whether to include an expiry date or not.

- When purchasing on the web, does the eshop check that your account has a Switch console registered before letting you make the purchase? (like, if someone hasn't bought a Switch yet but there is an insane deal, like $0.13, can he buy the game first?)

Yes you have to link your Nintendo account to your switch first. I can confirm this because I have personally tried before.

- Does it check whether you have a console compatible with the game? (like, if you have a Switch Lite but the game uses features only available on the bigger brother; or at least warn you that you need to get some joy-cons or a stand)

I'm not sure for purchases through the Web browser.
PierceLee likes this.

Last edited by Arandalo; 23-10-2019 at 09:02 PM..
Old 24-10-2019, 08:32 AM   #5186

Thanks learn something new today. I guess the promo price is over?
Should still have but even if the promo is over some games are still much cheaper in countries like Argentina. Their standard price is lower than promo price in other countries.
strikefreedom_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2019, 08:33 AM   #5187

Anyone got this to work? I tried for a few times but failed.
strikefreedom_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2019, 11:06 AM   #5188
Master Member

@Arandalo, thanks for your reply. Not sure if a free code from developer is the same as a retail code (sold on the web store), since Nintendo has your account record if you purchased it. But it does make sense that Nintendo won't bother restricting it. A code is a code anyway. For Steam, some codes do have expiry date while most don't. I guess it's the same here, like the developer code that you received can expire.

Yes you have to link your Nintendo account to your switch first. I can confirm this because I have personally tried before.
When you said this, do you mean you have to link Nintendo account to Switch first before you can redeem the code, or have to link first (meaning you must have a Switch or borrow one and put your account on it) before your account can purchase a digital game (via web browser)?

Thanks again.
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2019, 01:51 PM   #5189
Master Member

I think whoever updates the prices on the colombian eshop screwed up. It should say 32,000.00 instead of 32.000,00. Look here: https://store.nintendo.co/hollow-knight

So it should be $13 instead of 13 cents lol. The other south american eshops probably have similar errors.

Last edited by YongTauFooo; 24-10-2019 at 01:53 PM..
YongTauFooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2019, 02:01 PM   #5190
Master Member

TrueBeliever_jh likes this.
tjhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.