Nintendo Switch Games Discussion

auzzuro

Reaction score
I just found one at qoo10 selling $61 usually I buy already I also no time play for now I think I play next year 😅

tjhin

Master Member
Reaction score
I just found one at qoo10 selling $61 usually I buy already I also no time play for now I think I play next year 😅
Nintendo games usually don't drop much in price so buying next year won't have much difference. You can claim coins even if not playing ;)

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Paid $60 pre-order. Did not get any notice/msg bout any price increase. Hopefully stays that way.

Did anybody get any updates from this seller SuperLucky? :cautious: I choose delivery method, should have opt to self collect from store.

runningman.snsd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone received qisahn text message stating you can self collect TOTK game in store even though you didn’t preorder from them :/

what’s up with the pdpa nowadays

tjhin

Master Member
Reaction score
Did anybody get any updates from this seller SuperLucky? :cautious: I choose delivery method, should have opt to self collect from store.
I have 1 order with this seller and status still preparing item. My other order with shopitree has been shipped :giggle:

PSP1_Geek

Master Member
Reaction score
Am new to Switch. May I know if there are any platform that sells the games cheap?

Anywhere we can sell games that we have completed to? Thanks in advance!

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
Am new to Switch. May I know if there are any platform that sells the games cheap?
Switch games come in 2 versions; physical (cartridge) and digital (purchase in eshop). Most of the time, physical games are cheaper than digital ones but they are some games are only available digitally. Sometimes, there will be great sale for digital games so you might want to check it out.

For physical games, you can look around Shopee/Qoo10 to get the best deal with vouchers. Alternately, carousell for even cheaper price if you don't mind 2nd hand games
Anywhere we can sell games that we have completed to? Thanks in advance!
Carousell or the buy/sell sub-group here will be good I think

Last edited:

PSP1_Geek

Master Member
Reaction score
Switch games come in 2 versions; physical (cartridge) and digital (purchase in eshop). Most of the time, physical games are cheaper than digital ones but they are some games are only available digitally. Sometimes, they will be great sale for digital games so you might want to check it out.

For physical games, you can look around Shopee/Qoo10 to get the best deal with vouchers. Alternately, carousell for even cheaper price if you don't mind 2nd hand games

Carousell or the buy/sell sub-group here will be good I think

Thank you for the detailed sharing. Was aware of these 2 versions for the games. Am more tuned towards physical version (old school player here) as am unfamiliar with e-shop and game size for the e-copy. For physical versions, anything to note for the region? Must we get SG region copy? Same for digital version. Any region lock issues?

I’ve browsed through this thread and there was a forumer kind enough to share e-shop to compare prices for games.

I noted that some games do not have physical version but may I check if those are hot titles or more likely to be Wii / GameCube remakes? (I did noticed those on the e-shop link appearing to be visually less detailed as compared with the games in physical version)

If going for digital copy will need to have MicroSD with large capacity and unable to be resold right? Read that Samsung EVO Micro SD 512 GB is recommended. Is that true?

Was checking out both Shopee and Qo10 as well as physical gamestores such as Qisahn. It seems like although e-shopping platforms hav price advantages with vouchers, certain games might be available/cheaper/cash n carry via physical stores.

As I only have the OLED set unbundled with any games, would be more tuned towards physical shop to get games and accessories altogether. Speaking of accessories, for charging dock, anyone using DOBE Charging Stand and NYKO Controller? The controller seems to be only available through Amazon, not sure if there are local resellers.

Additional original Joy-Cons would be cheaper via Shopee(w/o vouchers). Is $95 reasonable?

Appreciate for the further inputs or sharing.

Last edited:

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the detailed sharing. Was aware of these 2 versions for the games. Am more tuned towards physical version (old school player here) as am unfamiliar with e-shop and game size for the e-copy. For physical versions, anything to note for the region? Must we get SG region copy? Same for digital version. Any region lock issues?
Generally, there is not region lock issues for physical games. Some game packaging can be in Japanese or Korean but it can still run in English no problem.
I’ve browsed through this thread and there was a forumer kind enough to share e-shop to compare prices for games.
Yes, it is one of a 'trick' where you set your account to specific region to access that region's eshop. For example, Australia/NZ eshop may sell a same game at a slightly cheaper price than US eshop.
Some tips to take note:
1) You can't change region if you have remaining funds in your eshop account.
2) If pre-purchase a new game digitally, it will be unlocked at 12am of that region timing. For example, I bought Tears of the Kingdom using Aust/NZ region cos their timezone is much faster. Hence, I was able to launch ToTK at 8pm yesterday SGT time (aka 1 day before the release date).
I noted that some games do not have physical version but may I check if those are hot titles or more likely to be Wii / GameCube remakes? (I did noticed those on the e-shop link appearing to be visually less detailed as compared with the games in physical version)
Hard to say. Most remake will have physical version but best is to google around.
If going for digital copy will need to have MicroSD with large capacity and unable to be resold right? Read that Samsung EVO Micro SD 512 GB is recommended. Is that true?
All your answer in one video: here

Was checking out both Shopee and Qo10 as well as physical gamestores such as Qisahn. It seems like although e-shopping platforms hav price advantages with vouchers, certain games might be available/cheaper/cash n carry via physical stores.
Yes. For example, Qishan can sell a game at $65 if you buy from their store, but it will cost $68 in their Shopee site, plus you still have to pay for shipping.

As I only have the OLED set unbundled with any games, would be more tuned towards physical shop to get games and accessories altogether. Speaking of accessories, for charging dock, anyone using DOBE Charging Stand and NYKO Controller? The controller seems to be only available through Amazon, not sure if there are local resellers.
I think you can get physical games for now, they are generally cheaper and you can actually 'feel' that you own the games. Plus you don't have to worry about having a high capacity memory card. The downside is that you have to manually switch the game cartridges around when changing games. I am not too sure about accessories, I am mostly playing dork mode with a Pro Controller.

Additional original Joy-Cons would be cheaper via Shopee(w/o vouchers). Is $95 reasonable?
Not worth.. With that price, I think you can get a pro controller and the remaining money can get u a plate of cai fan (with fish).

Appreciate for the further inputs or sharing.

PSP1_Geek

Master Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your sharing! Definitely makes things clearer now.

Seems like for e-shop, there is a need for e-wallet to be topped up and the e-wallet is locked by region created. That means for each region I would need to ensure that I top up sufficient value for the game and not any surplus as it will remain in that region?

Also, if I buy from Japan e-shop, any issue with the language? Last time when I played console, can only buy those US ones as it would be in English and not Japanese. Is this the same or the game can allow us to select language during play?

From what I understand so far, it seems like US is the “best” region to create e-shop account as it accepts PayPal but not local CC?

The SD card loading speed test video is great!

Where can I get cheap yet authentic Nintendo Joy Cons for Multiplayer? I shopped in Shopee and seems like there are some 3rd party and Korea Joy Cons for slightly lower ($10) price. Other e-shop that I browsed also priced between $95-$99. Made me thought that was the “cheapest” for a Joy Con (a quarter of the console price).

Last edited:

kmkimlo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How was ToTK for you guys?

I find it amazing. I am still in the starting area of the surface.

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
How was ToTK for you guys?

I find it amazing. I am still in the starting area of the surface.

Been playing for almost 2 hours. Feel crazy lost. Not sure where to go and what to do. But then again .. thats the whole charm of the game. I can’t recall how BoTW felt that last time.. but its deja vu again like Elden Ring.

Gonna watch more online YouTube to see what i should do ….

tjhin

Master Member
Reaction score
Completed 2 shrines and never died once. That's an improvement for me over BoTW :ROFLMAO:

Spectre007

Master Member
Reaction score
Been playing for almost 2 hours. Feel crazy lost. Not sure where to go and what to do. But then again .. thats the whole charm of the game. I can’t recall how BoTW felt that last time.. but its deja vu again like Elden Ring.

Gonna watch more online YouTube to see what i should do ….

aiyo go in blind is the best experience wor. watch youtube then no more fun liao. :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.