Nintendo Switch Games Discussion

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Why is there a border around and make the screen smaller? I understand the difference in aspect ratio but there is space on top and bottom to make the screen bigger so only need the sides border.
yup. there is an option "FULL" to extend it so to cover the vertical aspect. @3:58

or can go widescreen to make the characters fatter :crazy:

as for the border around it. it's called ORIGINAL. so called 1:1. maybe the original resolution?

anyways. the border options is disappointing. jus on and off. was expecting arcade cabinet ones :(

Last edited:

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
guess i was expecting too much liked the one from Marvel vs Capcom Origins where they even give us the over the shoulder border

:(

Ridiculous

Reaction score
Are there any enjoyable 2D, puzzle, top down games for switch?

On a side note, is it possible to play smo, xbc2 and botw from a top down perspective? Or would it be a drag to play it like this and cause you not to be able to clear the game?

strikefreedom_83

Reaction score
yup. there is an option "FULL" to extend it so to cover the vertical aspect. @3:58

or can go widescreen to make the characters fatter :crazy:

as for the border around it. it's called ORIGINAL. so called 1:1. maybe the original resolution?

anyways. the border options is disappointing. jus on and off. was expecting arcade cabinet ones :(

Okay thanks, giving these options make more sense.

Immortal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are there any enjoyable 2D, puzzle, top down games for switch?

On a side note, is it possible to play smo, xbc2 and botw from a top down perspective? Or would it be a drag to play it like this and cause you not to be able to clear the game?
Wah like that you only can play platformers liao....

3rd person should not make 1 giddy leh.

Ridiculous

Reaction score
Wah like that you only can play platformers liao....

3rd person should not make 1 giddy leh.

I was watching the gameplay for botw, xbc2 and smo and I was feeling a little giddy with the characters running here and there. I’m not sure if it would be better if I was the one playing it... I have great interest in those games but I’m afraid after buying it I can’t really play :3

Immortal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was watching the gameplay for botw, xbc2 and smo and I was feeling a little giddy with the characters running here and there. I’m not sure if it would be better if I was the one playing it... I have great interest in those games but I’m afraid after buying it I can’t really play :3
If the videos were panning the camera around while running then it's understandable.

All 3 are great games imo.

Ridiculous

Reaction score
If the videos were panning the camera around while running then it's understandable.

All 3 are great games imo.

Yeah even before I bought my switch I was already interested in getting all 3. The issue came when I watched the gameplay and I doubted that I would be able to enjoy the games. I just bought my switch (still went ahead even though I can’t play great games) and bought more casual and non 3rd person games like bomberman, Kirby and mario kart.

Still interested in smo, botw and xbc2 but I’m contemplating deeply since the games are expensive too

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.