Nintendo Switch Games Discussion

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
[YOUTUBE-HD]9Fw_wC2amlc[YOUTUBE-HD]
i think Nintendo Switch era, indies are the new 3rd party.

those Activision, EA, Ubisoft's AAA games will not be coming

a lot of indies are from US right? i wonder if smaller companies in Japan are also moving onto that direction or they prefer to tag to bigger publishers.

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they were all caught off guard by Switch success and had no plans to release or change game engine that is Switch compatible. Game engine is usually a strong motivation why many did not port or create new IPs. Unlike Bethesda games like Wolf2 or Doom which was using iD tech 6.

edit:
Activillian too invested in CoD & Destiny. both use proprietary engines.
EA - too invested in DICE's Frostbite.
Ubisoft - diverse group but most of it's serious games either use AnvilNext or Snowdrop engine. Again proprietary.
Rockstar - RAGE engine - again proprietary

Most indies are using Unity, Unreal engine or other derivatives of Java.
see this article from last year. https://www.polygon.com/2017/2/7/14533324/nintendo-switch-unreal-engine-miyamoto

a lot of indies are from US right? i wonder if smaller companies in Japan are also moving onto that direction or they prefer to tag to bigger publishers.

50/50 many devs and publishers are in Europe, Canada as well as Japan (D3 publishing is a JP indie publisher)
505 Games - Italian publisher
Chucklefish - UK game dev & publisher
Team 17 - UK game dev & publisher
THQ Nordic - Austrian publisher
tinyBuild - Netherlands publisher
Focus Home Interactive - French publisher
11 bit studios - Polish publisher
CD Projekt - Polish publisher

Last edited:

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Activision's upcoming COD Black Ops 4 is rumored to be coming to Switch. But it will be specific modes only, not the full experience like on other platforms. Sounds kinda like EA's FIFA 18, which is a separate build for Switch. Since BO4 won't have a story campaign, Switch doesn't lose out there. BO4 is supposed to have battle royale, wonder if that will be included. Or perhaps only battle royale mode will be included (even mobile phone can run PUBG better than Xbox One, surely the Switch can handle battle royale).

Nemesismaster

Master Member
Reaction score
The same games that nintendo is famous for. Zelda, mario, anything else you may fancy splatoon, xenoblade chronicles, kirby, donkey kong etc.

If u like shooting game, u won’t go wrong with splatoon 2. Speaking of which the pro controller build is quite lousy. I’m only in my 300 over hours of splatoon and I have got the famous direction up joystick issue.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.