HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Nintendo Switch thread - Part 2

Like Tree2287Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2018, 12:00 AM   #8956

Hi all,

Plan on getting a switch to play Overcooked, tried it at a friends place and really got hooked. Think my family will enjoy playing it also. Saw a local set on carousell for 598 which includes the console, 2 overcook games and an addtional controller. Is it a good buy or shall i wait for a sale on lazada then hoot? I would need another controller as total 4 players will be playing.

The person says its a new set... if i test and no dead pixel should be good to go? Same as someone above last time buying a console really damn long ago lol

Appreciate the help..
Old 27-08-2018, 12:03 AM   #8957

Hi! Considering a Switch, but have zero experience purchasing consoles online. My last device was an NDS bought at SLS. LOL. So will really appreciate it if someone can provide some insights:
1) Based on your experience, what are some things a buyer needs to take note of?
2) Been looking at Qisahn and Shopee. Qisahn also has a counter in Shopee, any difference between these two?
3) Anyone tried buying pre-owned games before?

TIA
just check whether got dead pixel and etc. test it in the shop.

qisahn has store in shopee. you go down qisahn directly, you cant enjoy discount. using app like shopee, lazada and qoo10 can be much cheaper as u can have additional discount. just select pick up yourself when ordering in app

no issue buying second hand game, i do that. it's not piracy, what piracy means is trying to hack your console to play other games like snes and etc, then going online which nintendo will then disable your switch.
Old 27-08-2018, 12:04 AM   #8958

Hi all,

Plan on getting a switch to play Overcooked, tried it at a friends place and really got hooked. Think my family will enjoy playing it also. Saw a local set on carousell for 598 which includes the console, 2 overcook games and an addtional controller. Is it a good buy or shall i wait for a sale on lazada then hoot? I would need another controller as total 4 players will be playing.

The person says its a new set... if i test and no dead pixel should be good to go? Same as someone above last time buying a console really damn long ago lol

Appreciate the help..
buy from shopee all those, carousell one selling more exp, you can get more for 600 bucks
Old 27-08-2018, 12:23 AM   #8959

buy from shopee all those, carousell one selling more exp, you can get more for 600 bucks
Thank for your reply. Saw qisahn on shopee selling for 429 for console, 100 for additonal 2 controller and game another 50. Am i looking at the wrong shop? I find the carousell deal slightly better as it comes with 1 wireless pro controller as well.
Old 27-08-2018, 12:31 AM   #8960

Thank for your reply. Saw qisahn on shopee selling for 429 for console, 100 for additonal 2 controller and game another 50. Am i looking at the wrong shop? I find the carousell deal slightly better as it comes with 1 wireless pro controller as well.
as long as you see got "shopee mall" in the shop logo, means it's safe.

you can look at others as well to compare price in shopee like playtrend, pekkouri and etc.

qisahn now no longer cheapest shop liao
Old 27-08-2018, 12:59 AM   #8961

Hi! Considering a Switch, but have zero experience purchasing consoles online. My last device was an NDS bought at SLS. LOL. So will really appreciate it if someone can provide some insights:
1) Based on your experience, what are some things a buyer needs to take note of?
2) Been looking at Qisahn and Shopee. Qisahn also has a counter in Shopee, any difference between these two?
3) Anyone tried buying pre-owned games before?

TIA
1. Nintendo switch is a solid product.if you buy now the manufacture should more or less perfect liao. just u need to check for dead pixel.
2. shopee is eccommerce platform. the price qisahn place on shopee is normally already subsidy by the platform themself so u can buy it cheaper on shopee.buying directly from qisahn own platform will incurred higher charges cause they themself dun give the discount.
3. preown games no issue.. new games have gold coin to claim for online rebate purchase but if u do not bother about the gold coin.. then get preown games lor. but buying on shopee sometime can get cheaper new games so depend on what you want ba
Old 27-08-2018, 11:46 AM   #8962

Hi all. I am facing the joycon connectivity issue especially when playing 4 players game (puyo, overcooked 2) and chanced upon this article:

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech...xed-piece-foam

Was wondering if anyone has ever attempted this fix, and where i can purchase said foam from. Been trying to scavenge from GPU boxes to no avail. Thanks!!
Old 27-08-2018, 01:29 PM   #8963

Thanks for the recommendation, does it have gyroscope and HD rumble?
Yup, it does.
Old 27-08-2018, 04:50 PM   #8964
Supremacy Member

Any update on the cloud save for the game? I still waiting to save all my games before send my unit to warranty due to unable to charge with original adapter
Old 27-08-2018, 05:02 PM   #8965
High Supremacy Member

Any update on the cloud save for the game? I still waiting to save all my games before send my unit to warranty due to unable to charge with original adapter
Have to wait for Nintendo Online, coming September but no official announced date yet.
Old 27-08-2018, 05:18 PM   #8966
Supremacy Member

I stop playing as I scare if send in warranty all my games gone..... so all my games collect dust now lol

Have to wait for Nintendo Online, coming September but no official announced date yet.
Old 27-08-2018, 05:52 PM   #8967
High Supremacy Member

I stop playing as I scare if send in warranty all my games gone..... so all my games collect dust now lol
Yeah, if send in all will be gone.

Totally cannot charge at all? Then better switch off until the online thingy launch if not later cannot power up.
Old 28-08-2018, 01:36 AM   #8968
Supremacy Member

Can charge, but with the third party adaptor only lol
Tested a few other adaptor all cannot charge only the one that plug to the dock can charge. The stupid firmware update that cause the issue for the third party dock lor

Yeah, if send in all will be gone.

Totally cannot charge at all? Then better switch off until the online thingy launch if not later cannot power up.
Old 28-08-2018, 01:12 PM   #8969

is it worth it to pay the 30$ for the 4years warranty from qisahn or playtrendssg?

and i wonder whats the term of cover for warranty

Last edited by deadravel; 28-08-2018 at 01:23 PM..
Old 28-08-2018, 02:21 PM   #8970
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can charge, but with the third party adaptor only lol
Tested a few other adaptor all cannot charge only the one that plug to the dock can charge. The stupid firmware update that cause the issue for the third party dock lor
install cfw and use checkpoint to backup your save games...then send to repair
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.