Nintendo Switch thread - Part 3

culepico

Reaction score
Woah I still couldn't find any promo code, all seems to need to spent a min amount, I will explore more on that! Thanks man!

You just missed Shopee's GSS period from 6.6 to 7.7, where they give out daily vouchers. However these sales come quite frequently usually every month on special dates like 8.8, 9.9, 10.10, 11.11 etc. They confirm give out vouchers during these periods as well as reduce the price of many items. Usually they will have mini games like shopee shake or shopee quiz that you can take part to gain coins which can offset your purchases as well. All these coupled with credit card discounts on certain days and you can get games on the cheap.

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
imho, shopee cheapest compare to physical shops anytime for AAA title like zelda
manage to pre-order link awakening @49.50
aftr stack shopback, shopee voucher and credit card rebate + credit card rewards

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
Finally a lite version
About 200usd...so its near 300sgd? Worth ma?
Theres a pokemon sword n shield legendary switch lite limited edition sia
The official like no specs leh, interested to know the battery life, display, wifi (stronger reception?)

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Amaterasu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
battery life is 6 hrs and 4 hrs on zelda.

Nintendo Switch Lite console
Size 91.1mm x 208mm x 13.9mm
Please note: 28.4mm at the thickest, from the tips of the analogue sticks to the ZL/ZR Button protusions.

Weight Approx. 275g

Screen Capacitive touch screen / 5.5 inch LCD / 1280x720 resolution

CPU/GPU NVIDIA customised Tegra processor

System memory 32 GB
Please note: approximately 6.2 GB of internal memory is reserved for use by the system.

Communication features Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac compliant) / Bluetooth 4.1 / NFC (near-field communication)

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch/Nintendo-Switch-Lite/Nintendo-Switch-Lite-1595961.html

culepico

Reaction score
Switch lite doesn't seem to have much appeal leh. The colours are quite ugly as well...

The original Switch is not much bigger and still portable, can dock to TV, detachable joycons, colourful combinations.

Hard to find a reason to get the lite version over the original.

archkiller

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No point buying new 3ds xl when u can buy switch lite at the same price. Switch lite is the end of 3ds.

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah
For me i am fully on handheld
But just 1hr longer batt life doesnt attract me to buy the lite
Furthermore Display slightly smaller on the lite
Save my $300 for the pro version

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
I know they don't want to bundle with the dock, since it doesn't make sense (physically doesn't fit) and increases the price, but they should still output video thru USB-C. Then let people buy a Switch dock, official (use male-female USB-C cable to extend outside dock slot) or 3rd party, to connect HDMI to TV. Just make it optional purchase if people do want to play at home, but support that lah.

Personally I would be interested if can connect to TV. I am not going to play any motion control game or party/co-op games that requires the joy-con. So a more traditional handheld (similar to PS Vita) is fine, though I would prefer bigger screen (maybe a Switch Lite XL?). No TV connection is deal breaker (I know, Vita doesn't have it, but this is 2019 liao).

Maybe they can make a Switch TV, a tiny match box size thing like the Vita TV (no screen, just HDMI out to TV) for those people who just want to play Nintendo games at home? That would interest me more, since I don't actually play while on the move (commuting on train etc). Imagine bring a little match box to work (plus pro controller of cos), lunch time just plug it to your monitor.

PS. Colors are ugly.

shikoo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Great news! Nintendo has heard your feedback and has announced a Switch Lite model with

- HD Rumble!
- Detachable controllers!
- 1080p TV out!
- A kickstand!

Unfortunately, adding all this stuff in made the hardware larger, and the price is a bit higher at $299, but here it is!

D_IdWVEX4AEXxr0.jpg

https://twitter.com/kobunheat/status/1149013541678178304/photo/1

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
imho, by removing features
the can cut cost
cut ic chip tat output to tv, cut ir sensor, cut HD rumble... etc
hence lower price
it’s likes 2ds lor

Spectre007

Master Member
Reaction score
i like how local shops are taking preorder deposits with no details of the carrot head price or forced bundles buyers must take. :vijayadmin:

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cos pre order is for buyers who are willing to accept whatever it is? :s8:
i like how local shops are taking preorder deposits with no details of the carrot head price or forced bundles buyers must take. :vijayadmin:

Iceman127

Reaction score
Anyone here did a battery replacement on your nintendo switch yet?
I thinking of changing the battery but no info on how to get the original battery part or shop to go.
Sian..

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone here did a battery replacement on your nintendo switch yet?
I thinking of changing the battery but no info on how to get the original battery part or shop to go.
Sian..
U tried asking in FB? Nintendo switch singapore fb group

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nintendo is Quietly Updating the Original Switch’s CPU and Storage
"While it hasn’t been officially confirmed by Nintendo (they never talk about the guts of their systems) it’s rumored the Switch Lite will be powered by a more modern version of the Nvidia Tegra mobile processor, that will deliver improved performance in handheld mode. If Nintendo is upgrading the original Switch processor, it’s not a huge leap to assume it’s also getting the new Tegra chip. If so, that means newer Switches could offer better performance and battery life, and less overheating."

https://wccftech.com/nintendo-switch-original-cpu-storage-updates/

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.