HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Nintendo Switch thread - Part 3

Like Tree70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2019, 09:06 AM   #1096

I think I didn't explain why I went for the shell. It is because there is a possibility of bricking my switch when using a third party dock in dock mode.

I originally wanted to get the jumpgate (during their kickstarter after I already got the shell and installed the original switch dock parts inside) because it can display on the nintendo switch screen while the dock is not connected to a HDMI output and it can be used as a USB C hub with a laptop. I cancelled my support when I saw this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Tc0DP7IGA

The same YouTube also made a more recent video on the same topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQOtAg4SJi0
the engineer for genki wrote an article on why some 3rd party docks having problems, can read if you are interested.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/...s-keep-frying/
PierceLee likes this.
lamorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 02:13 PM   #1097

Maxsoft not honouring warranty for Joy-con

Hi anybody facing this problem from Maxsoft? I have a Joy Con having drifting issue and within warranty. Bought from Lazada with warranty (higher price than those export sets).

However when I emailed Adrian he said need to bring the packaging box over. ?! Who keeps the box after opening? From his tone, he looks like his is going to evade the warranty repair for my joy con. Is there anything we can do?

All these claims from Nintendo saying will fix our joy cons for free even out of warranty but these local distributors are doing otherwise.
pisceanwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 04:42 PM   #1098

Hi anybody facing this problem from Maxsoft? I have a Joy Con having drifting issue and within warranty. Bought from Lazada with warranty (higher price than those export sets).

However when I emailed Adrian he said need to bring the packaging box over. ?! Who keeps the box after opening? From his tone, he looks like his is going to evade the warranty repair for my joy con. Is there anything we can do?

All these claims from Nintendo saying will fix our joy cons for free even out of warranty but these local distributors are doing otherwise.
that is what i've been told when i buy the joy con at the gameshop. they told me to keep the box for warranty purpose.

by right Maxsoft should put sticker on the box to tell us to keep the box like what Sandisk do with their SSD.
boxsurat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 04:59 PM   #1099

free fix of joycon is only in US. not for asia.
maxsoft won't do anything
Elysium87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 05:06 PM   #1100

Yeah I do know it's for USA only. As for the box right, I wasn't informed mah. Maxsoft did not state on their website either. So i just have to suck thumb and unable to do anything?
Old 14-08-2019, 05:36 PM   #1101

Do you still have your receipt and which lazada shop you buy from? The serial number on your machine at the bottom if it is local can be check at maxsoft side if it is local. Why keep the box is because there is serial number on it. Your joycon packaging also have serial number on it.

That say local distributor are not nintendo. Fixing joycon for free only happen at usa side not all region.
They will fix your joycon within warranty period that is 3months from your date of purchase
mohaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 05:49 PM   #1102

mine is only separate Joy Con not the machine. I have the shop order from Lazada, but i don't have the box, which is the problem.
Old 14-08-2019, 05:56 PM   #1103

mine is only separate Joy Con not the machine. I have the shop order from Lazada, but i don't have the box, which is the problem.
The shop on lazada do they have physical shop ?

If you can consider going back to them and ask them to help you?
Old 14-08-2019, 05:58 PM   #1104

The shop on lazada do they have physical shop ?

If you can consider going back to them and ask them to help you?

Cuz why the box of joycon is important because local joycon box have SEA logo on it and all english wording. Export set do not have those
Old 15-08-2019, 12:32 AM   #1105
Master Member

Hi Guys, wanna ask can the switch do a direct USB C to USB C video output without a dock?
I bought this monitor but couldn't use USB C for video output.
https://www.lazada.sg/products/wisti...0603.html?mp=3

I'm using a switch with serial number XAJ7.....and even update firmware from 4.01 to 8.10 but still doesn't works.
LIN_JOEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 01:07 AM   #1106

Hi Guys, wanna ask can the switch do a direct USB C to USB C video output without a dock?

I'm using a switch with serial number XAJ7.....and even update firmware from 4.01 to 8.10 but still doesn't works.
Don't think it's possible without dock. Switch USB type C port is different from those laptop one if I'm not wrong..
Arandalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 08:07 AM   #1107

If you mean whether the switch can drive this monitor using usb v,without a dock, answer is yes because Iím using it.
congster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 09:32 AM   #1108

In the review section i see some people say must connect the power/ use power bank with PD
lamorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 09:30 PM   #1109
Master Member

If you mean whether the switch can drive this monitor using usb v,without a dock, answer is yes because Iím using it.
By a single USB C from Switch to monitor without HDMI or external power?
May I know ur switch is which batch and using what cables?

I spent quite alot, buying USB C - HDMI, Thunderbolt 3 cable.
All cant...
LIN_JOEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 10:34 PM   #1110
Master Member

By a single USB C from Switch to monitor without HDMI or external power?
May I know ur switch is which batch and using what cables?

I spent quite alot, buying USB C - HDMI, Thunderbolt 3 cable.
All cant...
he's saying without dock / hdmi
there's another usb c port tat will power the monitor using powerbank

Ralphel is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.