Nintendo Switch thread - Part 3

Taengoo

Master Member
Reaction score
err guys, sorry if got any confusion... i saw on carousell and telegram people selling $10 per slot.. so i put $9.50... now i reduce it to $9 already. i think cos not always full 8 slot sold, so as a host, i need to pay for 2-3 slot, i dont think thats too much ba?

Elysium87

Reaction score
err guys, sorry if got any confusion... i saw on carousell and telegram people selling $10 per slot.. so i put $9.50... now i reduce it to $9 already. i think cos not always full 8 slot sold, so as a host, i need to pay for 2-3 slot, i dont think thats too much ba?

the switch singapore facebook group, there always ppl looking for slot. u can easily fill it up

zensushi

Reaction score
Considering signing up for the Nintendo Switch Online to activate the Pokémon Sword & Shield Surprise Trade(s)...

Anything to take note of, please? Like changing the country of residence etc.?

Will sign up for the 12-months Family Membership at $34.99 (USD?).

tansux

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Question, when you all buy online game from the eshop, if i set the region as USA, is it charged in USD, or any other currency?

What is the region you all set to buy the eshop game?

Just bought a switch, so dunno anything

strikefreedom_83

Reaction score
Question, when you all buy online game from the eshop, if i set the region as USA, is it charged in USD, or any other currency?

Charge in USD but bank will do the conversion for you if you using Credit Card.

I change region depending on where is cheaper. There are websites (search eshop price) that compares prices from different regions and show you where is cheaper.

zensushi

Reaction score
My third Nintendo Switch console has arrived! :s12: :s12:

Now to look for accessories... :s22: :s13:

GiNulIN.jpg

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Considering signing up for the Nintendo Switch Online to activate the Pokémon Sword & Shield Surprise Trade(s)...

Anything to take note of, please? Like changing the country of residence etc.?

Will sign up for the 12-months Family Membership at $34.99 (USD?).

I’m using a US account and set everything to US, so my eShop account and Nintendo Switch online subscription works.

Do note that during the setup of your eShop account, there’s a part where you need to specify a zipcode when you add your credit card for purchases. Note that there’re only a few states in the US that are tax free so when you purchase your games, you won’t be charged any taxes, since different states charge different amounts of tax.

A list of the tax-free US zipcodes are here, use any one of them: http://ipohzai.com/?p=2414

Lastly, you will be charged in USD and billed in SGD after conversion but overall, eShop games tend to cost a little more than physical copies sold here. Example, a typical game cost US$59.99 but I’m charged S$83+ when my bill comes, compared to around S$75 - S$77 locally.

tansux

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m using a US account and set everything to US, so my eShop account and Nintendo Switch online subscription works.

Do note that during the setup of your eShop account, there’s a part where you need to specify a zipcode when you add your credit card for purchases. Note that there’re only a few states in the US that are tax free so when you purchase your games, you won’t be charged any taxes, since different states charge different amounts of tax.

A list of the tax-free US zipcodes are here, use any one of them: http://ipohzai.com/?p=2414

Lastly, you will be charged in USD and billed in SGD after conversion but overall, eShop games tend to cost a little more than physical copies sold here. Example, a typical game cost US$59.99 but I’m charged S$83+ when my bill comes, compared to around S$75 - S$77 locally.

Charge in USD but bank will do the conversion for you if you using Credit Card.

I change region depending on where is cheaper. There are websites (search eshop price) that compares prices from different regions and show you where is cheaper.

Thanks for the reply. Bookmark post.

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I only buy games that are on sale from eshop.

Those with physical copy, can get the korean version for cheaper price (check Q10). Language is still in English (follow your switch language setting).

Sent from Home using GAGT

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Those with physical copy, can get the korean version for cheaper price (check Q10). Language is still in English (follow your switch language setting).

Some titles from time to time will have discounts on eShop, but if got new game I wish to play I will buy even if it’s at full price. In addition can earn gold coins in eShop and offset for discounts on your next purchase.

gatx105

Reaction score

What to look out for if u buy from q10 that ship from Korea?
I am not sure about if there is region lock or something else to take note of before buying, hope you can share some knowledge thanks :)

zensushi

Reaction score
I am not sure about if there is region lock or something else to take note of before buying, hope you can share some knowledge thanks :)

No issue with the sets bought from Korea. You can set the system language to English.

The local distributor is unlikely to provide warranty for the set though.

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, anyone using bluetooth adapter for wireless headset?
any recommendation?

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Switch is region free so no need to worry.

I have japanese and Korean Switch games, all are working.

gatx105

Reaction score
No issue with the sets bought from Korea. You can set the system language to English.

The local distributor is unlikely to provide warranty for the set though.

Thanks think i will go for local copy then, grab pay and play in same day :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.