Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By C.Adam

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2018, 03:11 PM   #1

Old gaming noob planning to buy PS4 Pro

Hi guys,
Am a total gaming noob.
Wonder if u guys can advise...

Where best to buy PS4 Pro? (Lazada Official Sony Store selling at $599. Can buy?)
Where to get the games?
What games should i get?
Anything else important that I should know?

Thanks in advance
benedium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 03:17 PM   #2

You can try to buy it at Shopee, with the newcomer discount plus using shopback their cashback features, can be cheaper than 599.
C.Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 03:44 PM   #3

I saw the $700 God of war edition at Shoppee. Worth it?
Old 26-06-2018, 03:48 PM   #4

If you really love God of War then sure, cus the game itself isnt cheap but u can lookout for 2nd hand games which is generally cheaper and the difference is that your Ps4 looks cool. i think thats all.

It comes down to your own personal preference, i prefer to stick decal on it which is cheaper and i can get different designs.
benedium likes this.
Old 26-06-2018, 04:05 PM   #5

If you really love God of War then sure, cus the game itself isnt cheap but u can lookout for 2nd hand games which is generally cheaper and the difference is that your Ps4 looks cool. i think thats all.

It comes down to your own personal preference, i prefer to stick decal on it which is cheaper and i can get different designs.
Think the original black version is probably better for me haha.
So is it better to just download the games OR better buy from shops and 2nd hand?
And do I have to be careful with the Region numbers or versions?
Old 26-06-2018, 04:45 PM   #6

So is it better to just download the games OR better buy from shops and 2nd hand?
Personally i prefer to buy 2nd hand from Qisahn as their prices is really competitive when compared to the Eshop. but if u like digital copies, there will always be sale and etc, but need to be patient about it. Moreover, physical copy when u play till sian u can also resell it to recoup the cost.

The region issues about the games i'm not too sure as i personally only bought from Eshop once and didnt tried to change my account regions.
Old 26-06-2018, 11:55 PM   #7

I saw the $700 God of war edition at Shoppee. Worth it?
dont buy those edition kind if you wanna sell it in future. usually this kind of edition hard to sell, or have to sell much cheaper compare to the usual
Elysium87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 11:57 PM   #8

if you wanna resell to gain some money back, go physical, that's what i do. the region doesn't matter for physical. unless you want to buy DLC then is different matter. i dont buy DLC
Elysium87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2018, 08:33 AM   #9

Region no only matters for games with dlc or season pass. You simply have to dl the content from the correct region store. Account creation for any region type is free anyways so thats a non issue as long as you know what to do.
qwertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:08 PM   #10

Thanks for the advice guys!

I bought standard black PS4 Pro from Qisahn shop at $599. Think is Sony controlled price. As per promotion, got 2nd controller (crystal clear+white) at half-price and new Call Of Duty WWII game with $20 discount (so paid $40+). Also got free gift of 1x PS4 Drawstring bag and 1x PS4 Shoe bag.

Then i bought, from spaceman on Carousel, the Games Bundle: Horizon Zero Dawn (disk) + Uncharted 4 (disk) + God of War(download) + 3mth PS+ membership for $50.

After that, downloaded free games Let It Die, Trials Fusion(or something) and Call Of Duty Black Ops from PSNetwork.

So far so good. But i think my PS4 Pro overheated easily and stopped signal to TV when I put the back too near the wall. So now I turn it sideways to allow the hot air more space to dissipate.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.