HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Persona 5

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2017, 08:34 AM   #46
Master Member

Anyone here knows if i have r1 disc can i still buy from our r3 store dlcs? I don't want spend usd T.T
No.
Dlc are regional according to the version
For this particular case, I think they are compatible. Looking at the PSN stores, the US/R1 version and SG/R3 version both have product ID "CUSA05877". So they should be compatible (if my guess is wrong don't blame me hor), assuming the disc versions have the same ID as digital. Of cos, an easy way to test is, if you have R3 disc, just go US PSN store and download those free DLCs (like Japanese VO).

UK/R2 version is "CUSA06638", so not compatible.
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:45 AM   #47

For this particular case, I think they are compatible. Looking at the PSN stores, the US/R1 version and SG/R3 version both have product ID "CUSA05877". So they should be compatible (if my guess is wrong don't blame me hor), assuming the disc versions have the same ID as digital. Of cos, an easy way to test is, if you have R3 disc, just go US PSN store and download those free DLCs (like Japanese VO).

UK/R2 version is "CUSA06638", so not compatible.
Bro your explanation gives me hope =D dont worry wont blame u even if u wrong just wondering.. i was prepared to purchase another r3 disc in worst case scenario cos i want to buy all the paid costumes and soundtrack in future.. anyone here with r3 disc can try if the us dlc works?? =S
lambofmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:49 AM   #48
Master Member

Bro your explanation gives me hope =D dont worry wont blame u even if u wrong just wondering.. i was prepared to purchase another r3 disc in worst case scenario cos i want to buy all the paid costumes and soundtrack in future.. anyone here with r3 disc can try if the us dlc works?? =S
If not compatible just buy DLCs from US store lor, it's not difficult at all, and should cost much less than buying an additional R3 disc. Remember, if they are not compatible, then your R1 saved file cannot be read by R3 disc, so you can't sell away R1 disc after buying R3. SG store usually has less DLCs available or they come late.

Ya, would like someone to test the theory
Old 04-04-2017, 08:55 AM   #49

If not compatible just buy DLCs from US store lor, it's not difficult at all, and should cost much less than buying an additional R3 disc. Remember, if they are not compatible, then your R1 saved file cannot be read by R3 disc, so you can't sell away R1 disc after buying R3. SG store usually has less DLCs available or they come late.

Ya, would like someone to test the theory
Why cannot sell? Probably have to restart on the R3 lor haha i am about 6 hrs in only first dungeon. Hmm i'm quite new to dis region thingy, lets say if i decide to buy us psn cards and all the paid dlcs after installing using my r1 account can i hop back to my r3 acc to play? All my friends and trophies are there sia..
Old 04-04-2017, 09:03 AM   #50
Master Member

lets say if i decide to buy us psn cards and all the paid dlcs after installing using my r1 account can i hop back to my r3 acc to play? All my friends and trophies are there sia..
Yes, you can use R3 account to play R1 games and DLCs, keeping your friend list and trophies in R3 account. Some time, certain DLCs may be locked to just the account that purchased them (like maybe some micro-transaction type of DLCs), I don't think P5 will be like that.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:30 AM   #51

Yes, you can use R3 account to play R1 games and DLCs, keeping your friend list and trophies in R3 account. Some time, certain DLCs may be locked to just the account that purchased them (like maybe some micro-transaction type of DLCs), I don't think P5 will be like that.
wa steady pom pi pi la, all my stress for nothing haha thanks man!
Old 04-04-2017, 09:30 AM   #52

sg psn 5 Apr
DLC 5th April release? US/EU store already has the jap audio dlc out for download now, heard it is around 2+gb.. cant wait, the eng dub sounds way too cheesey
bingbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:07 AM   #53

DLC 5th April release? US/EU store already has the jap audio dlc out for download now, heard it is around 2+gb.. cant wait, the eng dub sounds way too cheesey
haha ya sia, i received my R1 copy on Sunday, at first didn't want to play until the jap voices are out... but i went into to have a sneak peak, damn too addictive haha... Heard that the R3 SG PSN DLCs will release only on 5 Apr (Midnight). I cannot wait already... tonight probably going into the R1 store to load up the Jap DLC voices

Is your disc R3? You got US PSN or not, can help to test if the R1 dlc will work on the R3 disc? (Because i want to know if the R3 DLCs can work on R1 disc and can only test them tomorrow)
Old 04-04-2017, 10:09 AM   #54

haha ya sia, i received my R1 copy on Sunday, at first didn't want to play until the jap voices are out... but i went into to have a sneak peak, damn too addictive haha... Heard that the R3 SG PSN DLCs will release only on 5 Apr (Midnight). I cannot wait already... tonight probably going into the R1 store to load up the Jap DLC voices

Is your disc R3? You got US PSN or not, can help to test if the R1 dlc will work on the R3 disc? (Because i want to know if the R3 DLCs can work on R1 disc and can only test them tomorrow)
Someone tested on gamefaqs and it works.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:16 AM   #55

Someone tested on gamefaqs and it works.
woo nice bro, do you have the link? Wanna read the whole thread, sian sia stuck at work, can't wait to go home and LOAD THE JAP VOICE T_T
Old 04-04-2017, 10:21 AM   #56

woo nice bro, do you have the link? Wanna read the whole thread, sian sia stuck at work, can't wait to go home and LOAD THE JAP VOICE T_T
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/8356...ona-5/75193679
Old 04-04-2017, 10:42 AM   #57

oh i can try to test tonight when i get back from work. dlcs are tagged to the respective region, so if i am able to play r3 disc on my US account should be able to apply the dlc too. not very sure about this lol
bingbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:52 AM   #58

For those who are waiting eagerly to get the Take Your Heart edition, or are considering if they should pick up the TYH edition, check out my fan review

justinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:55 AM   #59

oh i can try to test tonight when i get back from work. dlcs are tagged to the respective region, so if i am able to play r3 disc on my US account should be able to apply the dlc too. not very sure about this lol
thanks bro hmm hard to say, there were some other games (tried on PS Vita where the region thingy is more fierce and restricted to memory cards etc) some of my games if you using R1 cartridge, can still buy R3 DLC it will work BUT i kenna before R1 cartridge, bought some R3 DLC and it said not compatible, wasted 5$, heart cracked

i really hope it won't be this case for my P5 (R1) copy haha

Anyway the link provided by Gaia (thx man) in gamefaq, some ppl tried the DLCs from R1 and it is working on their R3 discs. As of now, things sounds and looks good woo hoo!
Old 04-04-2017, 10:57 AM   #60

For those who are waiting eagerly to get the Take Your Heart edition, or are considering if they should pick up the TYH edition, check out my fan review

wah sian, you make me regret slightly for picking the steelbook version instead of this >_< nice video man!
justinkun likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.