HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Persona 5

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2017, 11:08 AM   #61

thanks bro hmm hard to say, there were some other games (tried on PS Vita where the region thingy is more fierce and restricted to memory cards etc) some of my games if you using R1 cartridge, can still buy R3 DLC it will work BUT i kenna before R1 cartridge, bought some R3 DLC and it said not compatible, wasted 5$, heart cracked

i really hope it won't be this case for my P5 (R1) copy haha

Anyway the link provided by Gaia (thx man) in gamefaq, some ppl tried the DLCs from R1 and it is working on their R3 discs. As of now, things sounds and looks good woo hoo!
yup, i just log onto my US account to get the jap audio dlc and the other free ones. seems like i can only set the jap audio dlc to auto download and not the rest. oh well shall see this evening!
bingbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:13 AM   #62
Supremacy Member

yup, i just log onto my US account to get the jap audio dlc and the other free ones. seems like i can only set the jap audio dlc to auto download and not the rest. oh well shall see this evening!
When you start the game it will prompt you that the other free dlc is activated and where to find the items.
late4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:18 AM   #63

When you start the game it will prompt you that the other free dlc is activated and where to find the items.
i see.. hopefully it does work on my R3 account then cos im alr 25 hours into the game lol.

anyway best modern jrpg ever no regrets in buying man!
Old 04-04-2017, 11:23 AM   #64

i see.. hopefully it does work on my R3 account then cos im alr 25 hours into the game lol.

anyway best modern jrpg ever no regrets in buying man!
Agree, i was prepared to buy another R3 copy of the disc and to restart in the worst case scenario, hopefully they will spare my wallet....
lambofmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:48 AM   #65
Arch-Supremacy Member

i have the r2 disk, if i download voice from US psn can i play on sg psn?
Old 04-04-2017, 12:02 PM   #66
Master Member

No, as I mentioned, R2 version is not compatible with R1/R3:
For this particular case, I think they are compatible. Looking at the PSN stores, the US/R1 version and SG/R3 version both have product ID "CUSA05877". So they should be compatible (if my guess is wrong don't blame me hor), assuming the disc versions have the same ID as digital. Of cos, an easy way to test is, if you have R3 disc, just go US PSN store and download those free DLCs (like Japanese VO).

UK/R2 version is "CUSA06638", so not compatible.
However R2 version has the same DLCs released: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...7Cbucket~games

Regardless, you can play using your SG psn account.
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:11 PM   #67

Lol few months no visit my own thread become 5 pages le...hope p5 receives its just attention instead of..*ahem**FF15*
NiHaoma123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:21 PM   #68

I no play any persona before

Last time I played strategy game by atlus by the name of 魔神转生
shin7829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:29 PM   #69

DLC is region lock, go to the correct region store to download it. R1 go us, R2 go euro etc.

Play on what account doesnt matter as long as all your accounts set the ps4 u using as primary.
qwertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:19 PM   #70
Supremacy Member

Create an UK account and download the DLC from the UK playstation store on the browser.

I have a R2 disc as well but playing the game on a US account and I have the option to choose Jap voice over from the option menu after downloading.
late4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:49 PM   #71
Arch-Supremacy Member

DLC is region lock, go to the correct region store to download it. R1 go us, R2 go euro etc.

Play on what account doesnt matter as long as all your accounts set the ps4 u using as primary.
Create an UK account and download the DLC from the UK playstation store on the browser.

I have a R2 disc as well but playing the game on a US account and I have the option to choose Jap voice over from the option menu after downloading.
thanks. ill try he US voice. if that doesnt work then UK
Old 04-04-2017, 03:22 PM   #72
Supremacy Member

No, as I mentioned, R2 version is not compatible with R1/R3:

However R2 version has the same DLCs released: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...7Cbucket~games

Regardless, you can play using your SG psn account.
Means R2 is euro but the free dlc is same , only paid dlc price differs ?
Old 04-04-2017, 03:27 PM   #73

The jap voice is dlc or patch? If its patch, it will download from the correct server regardless of which account you currently using. Just need to wait.
qwertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:39 PM   #74
Master Member

It's DLC. Like what Pierce has mentioned earlier.. The r1 and r3 copy hv the same serial code. So for those who own the r1 or r3 copy..you can dl the Dlc from either the SG or US PSN store. For those who own the R2 copy, you have to dl the DLC from the EU psn store.

The jap voice is dlc or patch? If its patch, it will download from the correct server regardless of which account you currently using. Just need to wait.
Gametaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:55 PM   #75

It's DLC. Like what Pierce has mentioned earlier.. The r1 and r3 copy hv the same serial code. So for those who own the r1 or r3 copy..you can dl the Dlc from either the SG or US PSN store. For those who own the R2 copy, you have to dl the DLC from the EU psn store.
actually a very noob question. say i have a r3 disc and am playing the game using the r3 account. can the downloaded r1 dlc audio pack be able to run on the game in r3 account?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.