HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

PlayStation VR (USD$399 MSRP, available Oct 2016)

Like Tree165Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2018, 05:13 PM   #946
Master Member

Astro Bot: Rescue Mission

Saw a handful of reviews and videos, it's being called a must-buy for PSVR.

Metacritic: 89/100
https://www.metacritic.com/game/play...rescue-mission

PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:08 PM   #947

Firewall zero hour still the best shooting game.
xboxlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2018, 11:10 AM   #948
Master Member

any feedback on my cart? Still contemplating between Arizona Sunshine and Superhot.

BiG_FisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2018, 01:01 PM   #949

any feedback on my cart? Still contemplating between Arizona Sunshine and Superhot.

Both are very good games n really different types of genre. If really have to decide between the 2, probably get Arizona first since discount is currently more for it.

That said, u definitely won’t regret either.
Oranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2018, 01:07 PM   #950
Master Member

I haven't played any of these (don't have PSVR yet) but have watched let's plays and reviews. Some quick comments:

- Keep Talking... this game can be very tedious, you really need to study the instructions. One person has to ask the player questions about what he sees, like what is the color of the wire at the top left, if it's white, what's the color at center, turn it around to the bottom side, what's the color of the symbol like upside down U (there are a lot of weird symbols, both players have to study in order to communicate quickly), etc, then refer to table in instructions, ok, go enter 154, cut the red wire. That sort of thing. You basically have to print out and study first, otherwise will sure fail cos you won't have time to communicate, kaboom, you're dead. Not a game to just pick up and play.

- Superhot... the concept is cool, but feels like an exercise in frustration. Each level is basically a puzzle that you have to figure out by trial and error, repeated endlessly till you get it right. Go in, shoot this guy on the left, move forward, pick up the shotgun, shoot the guy on the right, tmd, there's a guy hidden around the corner and he kills me, start from beginning again. Go in, ... shoot the hidden guy, wtf, more guys appear from behind and kill me, restart again. [many times later], ok, go in, instead of shooting guy on the left, shoot guy on right, etc.

- Thumper... this is PS+ free game this month in Asia. 50-50 chance that US PS+ will have it free soon.
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2018, 09:31 PM   #951
Master Member

Both are very good games n really different types of genre. If really have to decide between the 2, probably get Arizona first since discount is currently more for it.

That said, u definitely won’t regret either.
thanks for your input! I'm too leaning towards AS a little due to raves from my buddies who own the Oculus.

I haven't played any of these (don't have PSVR yet) but have watched let's plays and reviews. Some quick comments:

- Keep Talking... this game can be very tedious, you really need to study the instructions. One person has to ask the player questions about what he sees, like what is the color of the wire at the top left, if it's white, what's the color at center, turn it around to the bottom side, what's the color of the symbol like upside down U (there are a lot of weird symbols, both players have to study in order to communicate quickly), etc, then refer to table in instructions, ok, go enter 154, cut the red wire. That sort of thing. You basically have to print out and study first, otherwise will sure fail cos you won't have time to communicate, kaboom, you're dead. Not a game to just pick up and play.

- Superhot... the concept is cool, but feels like an exercise in frustration. Each level is basically a puzzle that you have to figure out by trial and error, repeated endlessly till you get it right. Go in, shoot this guy on the left, move forward, pick up the shotgun, shoot the guy on the right, tmd, there's a guy hidden around the corner and he kills me, start from beginning again. Go in, ... shoot the hidden guy, wtf, more guys appear from behind and kill me, restart again. [many times later], ok, go in, instead of shooting guy on the left, shoot guy on right, etc.

- Thumper... this is PS+ free game this month in Asia. 50-50 chance that US PS+ will have it free soon.
thanks Pierce! noted on the Thumper being free on Asia PSN, will KIV that for now then.

Your thoughts on Superhot is similar to what I'm feeling after watching those 'Let's Play' videos, I doubt I can enjoy that with my wife being the one giving instructions
Old 18-10-2018, 09:33 AM   #952
Master Member

For those in US PS+, look out the for promotional email.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/commen...psvr_2nd_bday/
Old 18-10-2018, 03:08 PM   #953

The rubber coating on the cushioney parts of my psvr headset cui liao, now got small black specks, super irritating. Anyone experience this and is it safe to just scrape the rest of the rubber coating and reveal the black cushion underneath? I am still thinking of a suitable substitute to cover those cushion part, just some linen or something.
DrBaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 04:01 PM   #954

Anyone playing firewell zero hour?Im look for 3 more player to play together.
xboxlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 06:16 PM   #955
Arch-Supremacy Member

The rubber coating on the cushioney parts of my psvr headset cui liao, now got small black specks, super irritating. Anyone experience this and is it safe to just scrape the rest of the rubber coating and reveal the black cushion underneath? I am still thinking of a suitable substitute to cover those cushion part, just some linen or something.
same on my launch headset...

i think should be okay since it's only cushioning.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:35 PM   #956

I contemplating to buy PS VR in Dec or not. Partly due to me wearing glasses.

Any one here wearing glasses to play?

And any idea will there be any promo in Dec?

Lastly, I only got SG PSN, if i signed up for US PSN, will have a lot of discount for games ah?

I saw a post above the cart have huge discounts.
ragegoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:37 PM   #957
Arch-Supremacy Member

glass no problem.

nobody is clairvoyance enough to know things in december.

think the SG PSN discount code already over.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:59 AM   #958
Honorary Member

Beat Saber - November 20

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018...h-new-content/
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.