HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

PS4 on XB271HU Monitor

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2017, 02:42 PM   #1

PS4 on XB271HU Monitor

Hi guys,

i think this has been asked before so pardon the repeated question.

Im planning to get myself a ps4 to play some of the ps4 exclusive game and i only have my pc monitor around. so planning to use that monitor as pc and console gaming.

but i read online it says tat actually the quality looks bad on 1440p resolution and better get a 1080p tv or monitor to play with it.

is this true? is it so bad or tolerable?

anyone having this same setup and any review on this?

thanks in advance
CrispyPeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 07:07 PM   #2

If u talking abt running 1080p content on a monitor with 1440p native resolution, it depends on your expectations lo. I use dell u2711, also 1440p native. Looks ok for me. Just remember to set the ps4 video output to rgb full, otherwise the images look dull like too bright or sth.

In the first place, ps4 capabilities in the graphics department in general cannot fight modern gaming pc, so u have to set your expectations right. Dont expect things like 60fps or high AA or ultra texture detail. That said, beautiful games like uncharted 4 or horizon will still look beautiful since no comparison lol.

Last edited by qwertified; 29-03-2017 at 07:10 PM..
qwertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 07:48 PM   #3

If u talking abt running 1080p content on a monitor with 1440p native resolution, it depends on your expectations lo. I use dell u2711, also 1440p native. Looks ok for me. Just remember to set the ps4 video output to rgb full, otherwise the images look dull like too bright or sth.

In the first place, ps4 capabilities in the graphics department in general cannot fight modern gaming pc, so u have to set your expectations right. Dont expect things like 60fps or high AA or ultra texture detail. That said, beautiful games like uncharted 4 or horizon will still look beautiful since no comparison lol.
thanks! planning to get 1 and play with my pc monitor. no need to take extra space for new tv.
CrispyPeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.