HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Puyo Puyo Champions not available on XBOX Singapore store!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2019, 10:45 AM   #1

Puyo Puyo Champions not available on XBOX Singapore store!!

As per title.

I have been wanting this title for a very long time especially since it's confirmed to be dual-audio (shameless Draco lover here), but it's not available on the XBOX SG store! How come a JP game can get released in the XBOX US store but not the XBOX SG store?

Can anyone help or teach me how to buy the game from the XBOX US store please?
Rock-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 11:27 AM   #2
Master Member

Is there "Puyo Puyo eSports" on the SG store? Looking at the PS4 store, SG/Asia has "Puyo Puyo eSports" released in Oct 2018, but it's Chinese/Korean version. Then US has "Puyo Puyo Champions" released in May 2019, in English. I have not played or seen them, but "eSports" and "Champions" seem to be the same game, based on a screenshot. This English version is not on SG PS4 store either, which is not a surprise since SG/Asia PSN sux.

eSports (SG):

Champions (US):

If you want to buy from XBOX US store, my guess is it will be similar to how PS4 works... create US account, buy US XBOX Live card (like here) to top up wallet, buy using US account, then play. No idea whether Xbox have to use same US account to play or can switch back to SG account to play. Also don't know this particular game allows cross-region online play or not, maybe SG plays on Asia server, cannot play with US or Japan server? Remember, it's GUESS only, I've never touched an Xbox One.
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 11:41 AM   #3

Is there "Puyo Puyo eSports" on the SG store? Looking at the PS4 store, SG/Asia has "Puyo Puyo eSports" released in Oct 2018, but it's Chinese/Korean version. Then US has "Puyo Puyo Champions" released in May 2019, in English. I have not played or seen them, but "eSports" and "Champions" seem to be the same game, based on a screenshot. This English version is not on SG PS4 store either, which is not a surprise since SG/Asia PSN sux.

eSports (SG):

Champions (US):

If you want to buy from XBOX US store, my guess is it will be similar to how PS4 works... create US account, buy US XBOX Live card (like here) to top up wallet, buy using US account, then play. No idea whether Xbox have to use same US account to play or can switch back to SG account to play. Also don't know this particular game allows cross-region online play or not, maybe SG plays on Asia server, cannot play with US or Japan server? Remember, it's GUESS only, I've never touched an Xbox One.
There isn't a single Puyo Puyo game for digital download on the Xbox SG store. Nada. Zilch. Kosong!

eSports and Champions are the same game. US changed the name just because they could (grrr...).

Oh, I don't mind the language type since it's the JP audio I want. In fact, I actually prefer the CN translation over the grossly inaccurate EN localization.

As to why I want the XBox ONE version, it's simple. Look at the prices.

On the PS4, Puyo Puyo eSports and Puyo Puyo Tetris are almost $30 each.

Puyo Puyo Champions on the XBox One is US$9.99.

Last edited by Rock-kun; 17-09-2019 at 11:45 AM..
Old 17-09-2019, 12:20 PM   #4
Master Member

Actually "eSports" launched on the SG PSN store at S$6 and then the price went up! (price history here). "Champions" launched on US PSN store at US$10, now on sale at 50% (price history here).

Regardless of this particular exception, ya, when a publisher has separate US and Asia branches responsible for each region's releases, usually the Asia branch sux (often they don't even put their games on Asia digital stores). Price wise, Asia launch prices do tend to be cheaper or the same on PS4. But, this is a big but, the Asia prices stay the same, never drop, even during the rare sales, they cost more than US. That's why on the PS4 side, we buy a lot from US psn store.
Old 17-09-2019, 12:39 PM   #5

Actually "eSports" launched on the SG PSN store at S$6 and then the price went up! (price history here). "Champions" launched on US PSN store at US$10, now on sale at 50% (price history here).
Crap, i missed the chance. Only got into Puyo Puyo about three months ago.

Regardless of this particular exception, ya, when a publisher has separate US and Asia branches responsible for each region's releases, usually the Asia branch sux (often they don't even put their games on Asia digital stores). Price wise, Asia launch prices do tend to be cheaper or the same on PS4.
That's not my experience in Asia PSN. The JP/CN releases almost always cost at least 2x the EN versions at launch. I paid >$70 for the JP version of Project Diva F2nd on the PS3 but the EN version sold for only $40+. Same for Shin Jigen Neptune VII and Project Diva X on the PS4.

I usually am stuck with the Asia / SG PSN store because only this is the only region to have the CN-translated versions for sale. Try searching for CN translated games on the US PSN and see how far that gets you (hint: kosong).

Meanwhile, back to the topic at hand: any Xbox One owner can help share their experience on how to shop for games only available on the Xbox US store?

Last edited by Rock-kun; 17-09-2019 at 12:48 PM..
Old 17-09-2019, 01:00 PM   #6
Master Member

Oh ya, if you want Chinese version, on the PS4 you are stuck with SG/Asia store. The Chinese prices were usually much higher, basically based on Japan price. But have to say now Chinese ver launch prices are quite ok, comparable with US English launch prices. And often Chinese ver releases on the same day as Japanese, while English got to wait many months. So nowadays it's ok to get Chinese ver on SG/Asia store. (Can also compare within Asia, sometimes HK store is cheaper, so can get from there.) But like I said the prices stay at launch level and never drop, so over time, especially during sale, Chinese ver (on SG store) generally costs more than English (in US store).

Will wait for some other bro to answer your original question. But since you have both consoles, if you don't have strong preference for the Xbox One (like you have other friends playing this game on Xbox), why not get the PS4 version on US PSN store at US$4.99 (here, sale ends today). You can create US account, buy top-up card, buy the game on US account, play on SG account.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.