HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SNES Classic announced, and we probably can't get one.

Like Tree85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2017, 09:37 AM   #151
Master Member

Haha. The real scalpers are also the retailers. Maybe Maxsoft too. Lol. So much for the concept for Recommended Retail Price.
Yet we always hear retailers always complain we customers are not buying from local retailers.
wwenze likes this.

Last edited by yes1705; 21-10-2017 at 09:50 AM..
yes1705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2017, 09:44 AM   #152

The next classic edition is now expected to be Gameboy (instead of N64), due to a Nintendo trademark filing showing picture of unmistakably a GB. The original GB is bulky by modern handheld standard, so it's still possible to mini it.
Yeah I've read about it too. My main concern is no color. (Some fans love that feel maybe?) It's my first handheld with lotsa memories. Can't expect them to add colors to the games also.

My friend raised a question - wonder if they will still use AA batteries. Haha. Even for nostalgia's sake - please, I hope not. Won't be practical in modern times.
mliolukiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2017, 09:50 AM   #153
Master Member

Yeah I've read about it too. My main concern is no color. (Some fans love that feel maybe?) It's my first handheld with lotsa memories. Can't expect them to add colors to the games also.

My friend raised a question - wonder if they will still use AA batteries. Haha. Even for nostalgia's sake - please, I hope not. Won't be practical in modern times.
Maybe Nintendo can squeeze in the Gameboy Advance SP rechargeable Li-ion battery pack into the Gameboy Mini.
Old 21-10-2017, 10:01 AM   #154
Master Member

It can still be a color screen, so you see color in the system menu (select game, save game, rewind...) but once you launch a game, the game is grey scale as it was (or maybe they can add different filters, like red, or even virtual boy red). Won't be low res mono screen with no backlight ba.

Personally I hope it will have physical slot that works. It's newer game system so more ppl are going to have game cards.
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2017, 11:00 AM   #155
Master Member

They could add in the Super Game Boy cart feature which can add shades of colours.
tjhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2017, 07:24 PM   #156

suck thumb lo everywhere raise to $179 already
yes1705 likes this.
d4rkw1sH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2017, 09:32 PM   #157
Honorary Member

Yeah, some more the local pre-orders went on for quite long at $139. If you didn't made up your mind back then too bad.
yes1705 likes this.
Old 22-10-2017, 01:35 AM   #158
Arch-Supremacy Member

Their boxarts have diff classification logo.

is this available locally?

No lag, just flap flap!
waitforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2017, 08:29 AM   #159

Maybe Nintendo can squeeze in the Gameboy Advance SP rechargeable Li-ion battery pack into the Gameboy Mini.
I hope so. Ridiculous to change batteries in this era! Somemore added cost of purchasing batteries lor.

It can still be a color screen, so you see color in the system menu (select game, save game, rewind...) but once you launch a game, the game is grey scale as it was (or maybe they can add different filters, like red, or even virtual boy red). Won't be low res mono screen with no backlight ba.

Personally I hope it will have physical slot that works. It's newer game system so more ppl are going to have game cards.
I'm not sure if I'll be able to accept it with filters even. Haha. The physical slot is definitely great to have since some gamers already hope slots are available even in NES & SNES classics. But I think big N won't bother with it due to extra cost, chassis design etc.

They could add in the Super Game Boy cart feature which can add shades of colours.
I didn't know that Super Game Boy exists. After the GB (ie GBC, GBA etc) I didn't follow at all. Except PS1, PS2 etc thereafter. Let's see what they'll do.
Old 22-10-2017, 10:04 AM   #160
Master Member

I didn't know that Super Game Boy exists. After the GB (ie GBC, GBA etc) I didn't follow at all. Except PS1, PS2 etc thereafter. Let's see what they'll do.
It's a add-on cartridge for SNES to play Game Boy games. Similar to game boy player add-on for GameCube but that 1 plays GBA games too.
tjhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2017, 03:29 PM   #161

The last time NES Classic was announced, it was only $109.90 (PLAYe) at PO. After release, it rocketed to even $200+ (not sure which store, from what I heard from friends, they are looking but didn't PO beforehand) Price increase is somewhat expected.

So moving forward, any such limited item, recommended to PO and do it really early (don't want to even risk the "not enough stock" situation) if you die die want it.

The price will only go up probably. Unless they want to clear stock when no one wants it anymore - unlikely at this point.

In the future, may have N64 classic, GB, GBC, GBA classic..etc..so look out and PO early.
But if you PO such item, confirm someone will call you BBFA uncle
Marukoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2017, 03:51 PM   #162

But if you PO such item, confirm someone will call you BBFA uncle
Hahaha. Yes.

That BBFA uncle, with an amazing EQ.

It's a add-on cartridge for SNES to play Game Boy games. Similar to game boy player add-on for GameCube but that 1 plays GBA games too.
I see. Backwards-compatibility, from portable to TV.

Neat.
Old 22-10-2017, 06:47 PM   #163

wait for next round of pre order release! shops can keep their 179!
yes1705 and Marukoban like this.
Old 29-10-2017, 05:10 PM   #164

seems like qoo10 is selling the super famicom from japan qoo. for $149 though their shipping is like $12. theres some $10 off $50 discount coupon now too so total comes up to about $150 still much cheaper than other places i guess. too bad they dont have to us version on sale.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:36 AM   #165
Master Member

Can this prediction of N64 classic and games list be true? The list of games is taken from Nintendo themselves:
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/N...ls-990819.html

Nintendo posted the manuals specifically for these games and these games only. Why? Can it really be the 18+1 games on a possible N64 Classic? We shall see.

PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.