HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Trouble contacting Playstation Singapore hotline number

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-10-2019, 11:41 AM   #1

Trouble contacting Playstation Singapore hotline number

Hi all,

I have trouble contacting the customer service hotline number for PS as the hotline number mentioned on their website is not working..there is no email address whatsoever as well..have anyone tried it before?

Regarding the help I need from them is that I bought the Iceborne expansion from the App Store but I canít download it..nothing happened when I press the download button..my MHW game is in physical disc with region code that written ďallĒ bought from qishan..

I have tried the following steps I found online but nothing works :
1. Deactivate and reactivate my device
2. Restore license
3. Make sure that my game is updated version
4. Restart the device
5. Wait one day because some people said it worked with them after one day

The best explanation I found itís probably region lock, but doesnít make sense since both the main game I bought here in Singapore (qishan and PS Singapore store). If nothing works I want to ask for a refund and just bought the expansion CD.. but I donít know how to contact them..

Any help is appreciated, thanks
Kinanthiayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 11:59 AM   #2
Master Member

1) The number you called is this?

Customer Service Hotline
Singapore
Tel: 800 8523 663
Operating hours: 10:00 - 19:00; Mon - Sat
https://asia.playstation.com/en-sg/support/contact-us/

2) See this thread where the topic of Iceborne and MHW regions was discussed in a lot of details:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/c...c-6094767.html

Use that to help troubleshoot your situation. Note that buying from Qishan doesn't mean it is Asia version (Region 3).
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 12:47 PM   #3

Coincidence, I also needed to call support for the first time for help logging into my PSN. Tried calling 800 8523 663 for the past 30 minutes but also not working.
ahtoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 12:02 AM   #4

1) The number you called is this?

Customer Service Hotline
Singapore
Tel: 800 8523 663
Operating hours: 10:00 - 19:00; Mon - Sat
https://asia.playstation.com/en-sg/support/contact-us/

2) See this thread where the topic of Iceborne and MHW regions was discussed in a lot of details:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/c...c-6094767.html

Use that to help troubleshoot your situation. Note that buying from Qishan doesn't mean it is Asia version (Region 3).
Yes, I tried to contact that number to no avail...but I managed to ask the refund through playstation asia Facebook page (sending them a message), and i mentioned about the number that is not working.

My problem is indeed due to region lock..and thanks for the thread you mentioned, explained a lot...but I have another question, so if my main game is R0 (all) can i buy the DLC in R1 region?since R0 basically is also USA. This way I can make us account and buy it from that account as mentioned in the thread..

Or do you have any idea where I can get the physical expansion with R0 here in Sg? I have looked at some game shop websites (qishan, play-e, lazada, etc) and havenít found one..

Thank you
Old 16-10-2019, 12:03 AM   #5

Coincidence, I also needed to call support for the first time for help logging into my PSN. Tried calling 800 8523 663 for the past 30 minutes but also not working.
Try to contact them from playstation asia Facebook account, it works much better..good luck
Old 16-10-2019, 10:36 AM   #6
Master Member

Yes, I tried to contact that number to no avail...but I managed to ask the refund through playstation asia Facebook page (sending them a message), and i mentioned about the number that is not working.

My problem is indeed due to region lock..and thanks for the thread you mentioned, explained a lot...but I have another question, so if my main game is R0 (all) can i buy the DLC in R1 region?since R0 basically is also USA. This way I can make us account and buy it from that account as mentioned in the thread..

Or do you have any idea where I can get the physical expansion with R0 here in Sg? I have looked at some game shop websites (qishan, play-e, lazada, etc) and havenít found one..

Thank you
- Use the save file method to double check your game's region, based on the product ID. Be totally sure.

- Learn to read the region of the game based on the rating logo. US (R1) will have ESRB rating, the logo has the word "ESRB" at the bottom. EU (R2) will have PEGI rating, the logo is in color has the word "PEGI" at the bottom. Japan (R2) has CERO, again, the word is in the logo, and you can probably tell by all the Japanese words all over the cover anyway. Asia (R3) has various rating logos, depending on country (Taiwan, HK, etc) and is harder to tell. If there is Chinese word (like 輔導級, 中英文合版) it's probably Asia. I think China is a different region though I haven't seen any China version here before.

- There is no Region 0. Region "All" basically means the game is region free, meaning you can play the game on any region's PS4 console (like an American can import Japan games and still play it). All PS4 games are region free anyway (probably a few exceptions due to other reasons).

- DLCs/expansions are not sold on physical discs, unless the physical version has the base game and that DLC bundled together (like the Master Edition of Iceborne). When bundled together, some times the disc only contains the base game, and there is a piece of scratch-and-win type card inside with code for you to claim the DLC digitally. (For Iceborne master edition, the DLC is reportedly on the physical disc already, no need to redeem code.)

- So if you already own the base game, you have to buy the DLC digitally from a PSN store. In this case, you need to buy from the same region to be sure, since different region has different product ID and are basically considered different products, not compatible with each other. (This is also why when you buy a disc base game, think about what region you want. Local shops often bring in R2 cos they can be cheaper, and people just buy them cos cheaper, then get into trouble when expansion comes. Also R2 DLCs are often more expensive than other regions, so that offsets the cheaper base game and you are not saving money.)

- Personal opinion: If it is a game you are going to play for a long long time, like a 'live service' game or MMO-like game (eg. Destiny, Division, and Monster Hunter World), and maybe an annual sports game (like FIFA, PES), it's better to buy the base game in digital version. Since you are going to play it all the time, going fully digital means no need to swap disc or keeping the disc in there all the time (the DLC expansions are going to be digital only anyway).
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2019, 10:31 PM   #7

gg liao la.
Tan Gee Ming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2019, 10:32 PM   #8

u should have bought the mhw master edition.
Tan Gee Ming is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.