HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Using a HK PS4 in Singapore?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2016, 02:19 PM   #1

Using a HK PS4 in Singapore?

Hi guys. Going to HK in a couple of days and was thinking of picking up a PS4 Pro from there since Singapore seems to be OOS everywhere. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with HK sets and whether or not a HK set will be a direct plug & play with a 3-pin wall plug?
-Avenged- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 02:30 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

Yes. will work here in sg.
Old 14-12-2016, 02:52 PM   #3

Yes. will work here in sg.
Thanks bro. Just want to confirm that I don't need any kind of adapters at all? I remember having to deal with a really annoying transformer back in the Saturn days lol, 'cause mine was a Japan-sourced set. I haven't bought an imported console since then though.
Old 14-12-2016, 03:07 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

Thanks bro. Just want to confirm that I don't need any kind of adapters at all? I remember having to deal with a really annoying transformer back in the Saturn days lol, 'cause mine was a Japan-sourced set. I haven't bought an imported console since then though.
No need any transformer..... all PS4 psu are multi-voltage.
You don't even need to get another power cable or plug adapter because hk is using the same 3 pings plugs are in singapore
Old 14-12-2016, 03:37 PM   #5

Hi guys. Going to HK in a couple of days and was thinking of picking up a PS4 Pro from there since Singapore seems to be OOS everywhere. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with HK sets and whether or not a HK set will be a direct plug & play with a 3-pin wall plug?

Hey there.

1. The power output is same.
2. Pins can be used to convert the port only if needed. The supply is same
3. OS is pretty much the same except for language
4. OS can be formatted and a new one from another region, be installed by hard resetting and wiping out everything. and that includes your games and saves as well, so know that before you attempt that.
MasterChief86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 04:39 PM   #6
Master Member

Even though HK is in Asia, HK set is not covered for warranty here in SG. Can't remember the details but there was an official press release from Sony couple years ago. SG, MY, TH i think are in the same group and share warranty. HK is separate.

Typically HK and TW ps4 prices are cheaper than rest of Asia, by about s$50 to us$50. There's a Christmas promo going on, discount of HK$100 (various combinations/discounts).

https://blog.asia.playstation.com/hk...4%AA%E6%83%A0/

This deal is at HK game show only:

Last edited by PierceLee; 14-12-2016 at 04:41 PM..
PierceLee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 08:24 PM   #7

Any kind souls can paste the buy link for ps4 pro in HK or TW? Can't seem to find it. Thanks.
lantian69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 08:54 PM   #8
Master Member

Saw this link but the page is not loading for me at the moment:
https://asia.playstation.com/hk/cht/support/wheretoshop
PierceLee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 09:17 PM   #9

Thanks !!!
lantian69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2016, 03:58 PM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think my set i buy in sg,also from HK,so why u want to travel to hk buy ps4?waste luggage space,wt
God Of Pcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2016, 07:14 PM   #11

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for all your advices. I ended up getting a Slim instead because the Pro was just a bit too costly and I don't have a 4k TV anyway.

Hey there.

1. The power output is same.
2. Pins can be used to convert the port only if needed. The supply is same
3. OS is pretty much the same except for language
4. OS can be formatted and a new one from another region, be installed by hard resetting and wiping out everything. and that includes your games and saves as well, so know that before you attempt that.
Hey MasterChief. WRT what you said in points 3 and 4 - My HK set was in full English when I powered it on for the first time. The shop told me mine is an "Ou1 ban3" set. Any idea what that means and any idea if a full reinstall of the OS is necessary?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.