HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

What to do with old games?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2019, 01:30 AM   #1

Question What to do with old games?

I'm new to this forum, looking for some ideas or suggestions.

We are doing some spring cleaning of our apartment, and I have a ton of old games from PS1, PS2, GameCube, etc. Although they carry nostalgia factor, I doubt I'll have the time playing them. I'm wondering what to do with them. Throwing them away seems like a huge waste since most of them are in pristine condition. I'm not sure if I can sell them anywhere due to their age. Any ideas?
pharmer_pk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:26 AM   #2
Master Member

Not sure if SG has a retro game market but these old games, if rare and in good condition (and original of cos), can fetch quite a bit.

If you want to donate them, can contact some retro gaming youtube channels, like these:
MetalJesusRocks - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEF...FCo_AchSpxwyrg
John Hancock - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkD...1adtSyd227TNdA
JohnRiggs - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8c...pNc50D9NqVBbug

Tell them what you have, maybe send photo, ask them if they want the games and are willing to pay for shipping (they are in US, Seattle).

If you want to sell, you will need to do some home work to find how much they are worth. This could involve checking ebay transaction histories (I remember MetalJesus has a video on that). Then sell on local site Carousell or go ebay. These are a bit tedious as you will need to arrange shipment or meet with buyer. But if you sell as complete bundle, perhaps a SG collector will just take the whole lot off you.

Or you can go local flea market and set up stall. There's one at China Square Central that operates on Sundays (long time haven't gone there, don't know still have or not). They sell figures, antiques, CDs, and other stuffs, rarely see games though). Of cos you will need to pay for the stall, I heard it's like $50, so unless you are confident you can sell most of the stuffs, may not be worth it.
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 05:21 PM   #3
Supremacy Member

slowly put in carousell. i managed to sell a few old games there $5~$10
yusoffb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 05:22 PM   #4

put up for bidding on eBay
dingyanling is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.