HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wise to get a PS3 ??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2016, 01:11 PM   #16
Master Member

Thanks for the tips. Will it hurts the system if I press the power button in front of the disk slot to power on & off?
Nope, the round power button is designed for that purpose, so it shouldn't cause any harm. (Press/release the power button and press/hold the power button do different things, so it could get confusing some times if you are not familiar with it.)

Basically it's just a matter of individual preference and habit. For me, I always leave the wall socket mains power on, my games are mostly digital so I don't have to insert disc into the ps3 slot (some people will just leave a game disc inside if they are going to continue playing soon), my ps3 sits on a shelf above the tv, so it's a tiny bit harder to reach than just grabbing the controller and press PS button there (even if I use the power button to turn on the ps3 I will still have to press the controller's PS button to turn on the controller anyway).
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:14 AM   #17
Greater Supremacy Member

just get a brand new set from tog. yesh it's quite exp but at least u are under warranty and have a peace of mind.

Swordsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2019, 10:33 PM   #18

Its so hard to find a trustworthy set, let alone a new one. Care to share any leads? My PS3 fat is unreliable already.
jtdcjtdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2019, 06:27 AM   #19

ps3 used sets are not difficult to find. Try the usual gamewerks (clementi) which they take in old console sets and they tested it before resale.

What are hard to find are new original dualshocks3.
Used dualshocks3 are always sticky and loose analogs.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:26 AM   #20

New sets more expensive than Ps4 now

https://qoo.tn/Bq8tgR/Q100007949

https://www.play-asia.com/playstatio...z?tagid=503130
clayghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:30 AM   #21

ps3 used sets are not difficult to find. Try the usual gamewerks (clementi) which they take in old console sets and they tested it before resale.

What are hard to find are new original dualshocks3.
Used dualshocks3 are always sticky and loose analogs.
Still can find leh, but maybe it's not original.

https://m.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Mobile/Search/Default.aspx?keyword=ps3 controller&jaehuid=Q100007949
clayghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.