Xbox Series S/X + GamePass

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
If compare Xiaomi TV and LG CX, is CX another level up? If compare old gen consoles to ps5 is ps5 another level up? If not why wanna upgrade to ps5 or Xbox series X...

Yup its an upgrade lo. Just saying a cheap tv vs an expensive tv, the price/value definitely not worth.

Ps4 to ps5...also around same price point.so its a worthy upgrade. Xiaomi tv at 600 vs lg cx 65inch at around 3.8 to 3.9k

Of course in my case I still get it anyway because I can well afford it. Covid period cant travel so just buy all this for entertainment. All of my devices and furniture I also get premium stuff too.

Just saying for those who is financially tight, don't need to save and scrim just to aim for a 48 or 55inch cx.. a normal decent 4k tv is sufficient.

Slavor

Reaction score
Collected my Xbox from TOG one day early and now patiently waiting for my games to download 😂 Xbox games pass is really the best.

Get to play games like Nier automata, destiny 2, and Jedi fallen order. Super worth it.

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup its an upgrade lo. Just saying a cheap tv vs an expensive tv, the price/value definitely not worth.

Ps4 to ps5...also around same price point.so its a worthy upgrade. Xiaomi tv at 600 vs lg cx 65inch at around 3.8 to 3.9k

Of course in my case I still get it anyway because I can well afford it. Covid period cant travel so just buy all this for entertainment. All of my devices and furniture I also get premium stuff too.

Just saying for those who is financially tight, don't need to save and scrim just to aim for a 48 or 55inch cx.. a normal decent 4k tv is sufficient.

Plus IMO, if play in living room a high end LCD beats OLED. Unless living room is pitch black.

SR1984

Reaction score
Anyone encounter issue with your series x console. I noticed my console will auto shut down when leave idle for awhile and while playing game midway through the game keep automatically return to the home menu.

BABAtheHUM

Reaction score
Anyone encounter issue with your series x console. I noticed my console will auto shut down when leave idle for awhile and while playing game midway through the game keep automatically return to the home menu.

Never experienced the game going back to home.
But that idle turn off thing is a setting. Mine shuts down after 1 hour of idling.

Maybe you can try calling support they might be able to help with the “auto going back to home thing”.

DailyRoutine

Reaction score
Just collected my xbox series x. Can anyone share a good guide on how to get the 3 years Ultimate Gamepass subscription?

The only one 1 found is this article on reddit. But the instructions are pretty vague.

Slavor

Reaction score
1) Buy 36 months worth of Xbox live gold
2) Redeem the gold online on your account (make sure to turn OFF auto renewal for free one month)
3) Sign up for game pass ultimate trial and your 36 months will auto convert to game pass ultimate.

Just collected my xbox series x. Can anyone share a good guide on how to get the 3 years Ultimate Gamepass subscription?

The only one 1 found is this article on reddit. But the instructions are pretty vague.

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Plus IMO, if play in living room a high end LCD beats OLED. Unless living room is pitch black.

Dun need to be pitch black, as long as room is not bright a good OLED will crush any LED any day. LEDs have higher peak brightness but since OLEDs can deliver true blacks they can actually look brighter due to the way humans perceive contrast/brightness.

OLEDs simply do not suffer any of the LED problems like light bleed/blooming, in terms of PQ there is no contest. Only problem with OLED is burn in, got to take care not to play the same content for too long, if you like to watch CNN 5 hours a day then OLED is not for you.

BABAtheHUM

Reaction score
oh this i beg to differ.

my oled is near the living room window. it is still bright enough.

Meaning there’s reduced glare is it? My current tv now is a glare magnet man lol I need to draw curtains and close windows to play in the day time.

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
Meaning there’s reduced glare is it? My current tv now is a glare magnet man lol I need to draw curtains and close windows to play in the day time.

hmm..

if u gonna watch day time but facing str8 on to the tv, no issues. it is still bright and watchable.

But if during day time and u are watching the tv from a tight angle for example u are at a dining area looking at the tv, then yes u will see reflection of the tv display. I think this is not about oled or lcd, all tv displays are made of glass externally so i think there is sure bound to have reflection, no matter what tv u are using.

Good thing about OLED is that since it has self lit pixels instead of a backlight from a LCD light source, when u view the tv from the side, u still get the full color contrast of an image unlike a lcd tv where by the color gradient shift when u view it at an angle as the light source comes from its backlit LCD, thus viewing from an angle makes the color of the image to be a little wash out. Viewing it on an angle on an OLED, u still can see the vibrant colors. Take note this is different from reflection.

Night time when the outside of the window is dark, and u just turn on a bright led light in the living room, no reflection can be seen and the OLED is vibrant and beautiful.

Anyway i am using a 65 inch LG CX in my living room, and to be honest..it looks small to me. However the next larger size was the 77 inch and that cost a bomb if one is buying from Singapore...it cost about 12 to 14k sgd. Way overprice. In the US, the 77 inch oled i think only cost 5k. Singapore LG inflate the price so much.

For my next tv, i will either get a 75 inch to 85inch tv, and if by then OLED is still overprice, will just opt for a QLED or a conventional led lcd. Or maybe by then, there are new tv tech that is value for money as well.

Last edited:

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh this i beg to differ.

my oled is near the living room window. it is still bright enough.

Good for your use case then, cause my living room is very bright.

I don't like OLED there, my cheap Samsung works better for me.

BABAtheHUM

Reaction score
hmm..

if u gonna watch day time but facing str8 on to the tv, no issues. it is still bright and watchable.

But if during day time and u are watching the tv from a tight angle for example u are at a dining area looking at the tv, then yes u will see reflection of the tv display. I think this is not about oled or lcd, all tv displays are made of glass externally so i think there is sure bound to have reflection, no matter what tv u are using.

Good thing about OLED is that since it has self lit pixels instead of a backlight from a LCD light source, when u view the tv from the side, u still get the full color contrast of an image unlike a lcd tv where by the color gradient shift when u view it at an angle as the light source comes from its backlit LCD, thus viewing from an angle makes the color of the image to be a little wash out. Viewing it on an angle on an OLED, u still can see the vibrant colors. Take note this is different from reflection.

Night time when the outside of the window is dark, and u just turn on a bright led light in the living room, no reflection can be seen and the OLED is vibrant and beautiful.

Anyway i am using a 65 inch LG CX in my living room, and to be honest..it looks small to me. However the next larger size was the 77 inch and that cost a bomb if one is buying from Singapore...it cost about 12 to 14k sgd. Way overprice. In the US, the 77 inch oled i think only cost 5k. Singapore LG inflate the price so much.

For my next tv, i will either get a 75 inch to 85inch tv, and if by then OLED is still overprice, will just opt for a QLED or a conventional led lcd. Or maybe by then, there are new tv tech that is value for money as well.

Ah Okok thanks for the explanation.

I will probably only get an oled tv when my bto arrives (3 more years to go) arrives, hopefully it won’t be as expensive haha :s22:

Last edited:

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This yr LG releasing cheapest oled A series just wait for q2

Sent from X3 using GAGT

DailyRoutine

Reaction score
1) Buy 36 months worth of Xbox live gold
2) Redeem the gold online on your account (make sure to turn OFF auto renewal for free one month)
3) Sign up for game pass ultimate trial and your 36 months will auto convert to game pass ultimate.

Thanks! I ended up getting the 3 year subscription thru a carouseller. Enjoying 3 years of Gamepass Unlimited! 300+ games. I have no idea where to start :s13:

Slavor

Reaction score
If recommend starting with those from non-Microsoft studios like kingdom hearts 3 or nier automata. Those are almost a year on game pass already, and you don’t know when they’ll be taken out of game pass.

Thanks! I ended up getting the 3 year subscription thru a carouseller. Enjoying 3 years of Gamepass Unlimited! 300+ games. I have no idea where to start :s13:

DailyRoutine

Reaction score
Hmm, noticed there could be a bug between the XSX and LG CX tvs. When I switch off the tv and the console, the next time I switch it on again, somehow the resolution is defaulted to 640x480. And the only way to fix it is to restart the console again.
After some research, seems like this is a known issue.

Let me monitor for a few more days to see if changing some of the power settings would fix the problem.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.