HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Yakuza 6 PS4

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2016, 02:46 PM   #16

Why play Yakuza? Jap gangsters no match for Western mafia !

Play Mafia 3! Does Yakuza have gory close-up execution kills like Mafia 3 ?
Jurchen King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 09:40 PM   #17

Anyone downloaded the 36GB(!) demo just to play Chapter 1?
ClementChong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 10:09 PM   #18
Master Member

Anyone downloaded the 36GB(!) demo just to play Chapter 1?
Oh forgot there's a thread, I'll re-post here:

Ryu Ga Gotoku 6 Inochino Uta Otameshiban (Chinese Ver.)
Demo is out

The demo doesn't cover the full chapter 1. After a couple of story quests, you are tasked to go to an area, but that place has a floating text notice saying it is not available in the demo. You can still go around exploring the open-world map (maybe that's why it is so big in sizes), though many areas are also sealed off with police tape (may be related to the story event or may be just trying to limit where you can go in the demo).

Pretty good demo though, you get to experience some of the game mechanics, but it's definitely heavily focused on the narrative, setting up the stage for the Yakuza 6 story to start. It makes you want to continue to find out what happens next. It's also friendly to newcomers who never played the series before as it explains the relationship of the key players (the main menu also a summary of each previous game).
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:36 PM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just curious if I can bring over my moolah from the demo to the game itself? Won 1 million yen from the mahjong competition

masashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:16 PM   #20
Master Member

Just curious if I can bring over my moolah from the demo to the game itself? Won 1 million yen from the mahjong competition
Yes you can. Progress will be brought over to the full game (assuming the same language I guess). Good time to gain money and XP, get a head start.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:19 AM   #21
Arch-Supremacy Member

when is the last day that we can play yakuza 6 demo?
Old 04-12-2016, 06:19 AM   #22
Master Member

English version coming 'early 2018'.
Kiwami English version also coming, 2017.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:33 AM   #23

English version is at least 2 years late.

The latest available English version is Yakuza 5. Japanese version was Dec 2012, English version Dec 2015.

Now English versions still missing:
- Yakuza Ishin (JP: Feb 2014, EN: probably never?)
- Yakuza 0 (JP: Mar 2015, EN: Jan 2017)
- Yakuza Kiwami (JP: Jan 2016, EN: ?)

It's a long long wait. If you know Chinese, why not just get Chinese version? I always prefer reading Kanji names in Chinese anyway.
understanding some japanese
IMO,the english translation aren't too accurate to begin with

i would prefer the chinese version if i cannot wait.

the yakuza story is very good
but playing from yakuza3,4,5
some of the mechanism dont change much, this alone sometimes make me skip most of the things that substories told.
the gestures ppl make also the same,,....like those huh, ooi ooi, hand waving, shoulder showing etc lol

yakuza 6 is last episode
its good in some way, end it while its still in glory , dont be like dynasty warriors N series lol

btw dynasty warriors seems to hibernate 2years liao lol?
used to be every year one time machiam like paying income tax lmao
shin7829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:56 AM   #24
Master Member

I haven't played much of the series but I think at least the fighting mechanics have changed (in 0, kiwami, maybe also 5), they have different fighting styles that you can select. 0 also made a big change by doing away with xp, everything is based on money, to better suit the period.

I always feel that no matter how the graphics improves, the character models always feel off, especially the shoulders, always put them in odd posture. Perhaps they wear shoulder pads but that's not it, the upper body shape is just off, feels like early days 3D models with low polygon count or action figures that are not very articulate. And the mouth always look weird (but it looks ok in this one).

Dynasty Warriors where got hibernate, each numbered generation will be followed up with Empires, Xtreme Legends, now even have turn-based strategy one. And there's expansions like the recent 真田丸 (I don't even know it's dlc expansion or yet another separate game like xtreme legends). And the same Omega team has been making tons of other musou games.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:02 AM   #25

I haven't played much of the series but I think at least the fighting mechanics have changed (in 0, kiwami, maybe also 5), they have different fighting styles that you can select. 0 also made a big change by doing away with xp, everything is based on money, to better suit the period.

I always feel that no matter how the graphics improves, the character models always feel off, especially the shoulders, always put them in odd posture. Perhaps they wear shoulder pads but that's not it, the upper body shape is just off, feels like early days 3D models with low polygon count or action figures that are not very articulate. And the mouth always look weird (but it looks ok in this one).

Dynasty Warriors where got hibernate, each numbered generation will be followed up with Empires, Xtreme Legends, now even have turn-based strategy one. And there's expansions like the recent 真田丸 (I don't even know it's dlc expansion or yet another separate game like xtreme legends). And the same Omega team has been making tons of other musou games.
no leh i think dyanasty warriors hibernate 1 year liao?
or i remember wrongly
last is extreme legends 8 ba?

by right shin sangoku musou 8 should be out by now liao lol

anyway i am pretty amazed by yakuza one off strip posture before a showdown fight despite they wearing coat and etc

LOL one
shin7829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:09 PM   #26
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hope there's some bonuses with the copy I'm getting via Amazon this week

masashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:39 PM   #27
Arch-Supremacy Member

i got yakuza kawami, chinese version and i like it...
this kind of game if english translate lost the "feel"...
Old 05-12-2016, 01:43 PM   #28

Fills up the space that SD left perfectly
fableiceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:09 PM   #29
Master Member

i got yakuza kawami, chinese version and i like it...
this kind of game if english translate lost the "feel"...
Ya, EN translation just doesn't feel right. Actually to me a lot of comic-based games also don't feel right in EN, cos I read the manga in Chinese. To me Japanese names are easier read in CH, in EN always get confused who's who.

I refused to buy kiwami though. It's remake of yakuza 1, so it follows yakuza 0 (story timeline as well as game engine, fighting system, etc). They refused to sell me Chinese version of yakuza 0, so I am not buying kiwami. Don't know why Sega doesn't sell 0 on sg psn. I heard there's a part where you have to enter Chinese char and it's using 注音符号and not 汉语拼音, maybe they think we won't know what to do. Though I doubt Hong Kong uses 注音符号but they don't mind selling in HK.
Old 06-12-2016, 12:49 PM   #30
Arch-Supremacy Member

The demo quite fun.got story
God Of Pcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.