HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Corbell Product Warranty Policy

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2019, 04:56 PM   #1171
Featured Distributor for Hardware Clinic, Storage Clinic

This was what was passed to me yesterday

As i have made 2 wasted trips investing time and effort coming over and having been played out on my most recent visit to your "service center" i shall not take your word for it and make a 3rd trip to see anyone to solve this issue. That said i dun want to beat around the bush and waste the time of others so i shall consider the matter closed if the RAMs are sent to my address via registered mail and/or a rep coming over if the wrong RAMs passed to me needs to be collected back? I would not step at Corbell's AMK "service center" now and for all time and refuse to buy or recommend any of their products to all i know should this gesture to mend fences not be made. I also suggest something to sweeten/compensate my time/efforts for the 2 wasted trips and promises unfulfilled on your part but thats optional?
You burnt your memory module and voided the warranty.
That's all there is to it.

Since it's a 9yrs old system as you mentioned,
I just thought of helping you since I had personal spares and
gave you the benefit of the doubt without even asking for any proof.
Yes my junior tech may have messed up.
Over such a small matter, you felt you the need to complain on all platforms to show your dominance and even attacked my character and now asking for compensation.
I am very sure no one owes you anything to begin with.
It's regrettable that the situation weirdly developed to this extend when my original purpose was just to help someone.
It's your choice to collect the rams.
I will just leave at the service counter under your name, Joe.
My communication to this "issue" ends here.
Hope the rams will serve you well.

/Andy

-Local MSI product arrival/price updates: Kabylake/Ryzen
-MSI TwinFrozr Club! Come join our very own SG club!
=My Cooling=
TRU12E Cu LE / Vapo LS Singlestage /
SF3D Inflection Pt CPU pot + Ryba slim GPU pot ver.2
clon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:23 AM   #1172

Yes my junior tech may have messed up.
Over such a small matter, you felt you the need to complain on all platforms to show your dominance and even attacked my character and now asking for compensation.
I am very sure no one owes you anything to begin with.
It's regrettable that the situation weirdly developed to this extend when my original purpose was just to help someone.
It's your choice to collect the rams.
I will just leave at the service counter under your name, Joe.
My communication to this "issue" ends here.
Hope the rams will serve you well.

/Andy
Even a child if he/she promises something and does not follow through they know they are not keeping their word so if saying something to someone and not doing it and following through is a "small matter" as a rep of a company running a business then i really worry for both you and Corbell if this is acceptable practice You know what would had really helped?

#1 Replying to my initial PM to you explaining who to look for and what exactly i would be sacrificing my time and effort to come over to your "service center" Not later after cock up? You understand that i made a 2nd trip to AMK based on your promises and investing more of my time and effort would resolve a problem right?

#2 Behaving like an adult who is professional instead of giving excuses (pointing fingers at a junior tech) when things cock up and you end up wasting the time of others *specifically* when you failed to follow through your promise! Instead of being a bigger person and apologizing/being accountable for your mistake, you insist on others spending more of their time and effort due to your mistake ...wow

As said i've already outlined what is to be done to mend fences, by not doing so you reflect badly on your "customer relations" skills and do not value the business, confidence and trust of a previously loyal Corbell customer. Though i wished my time/effort has not been wasted, the way you and your company have conducted themselves here only serves as a warning to others because as we know quality products are one thing but how committed a company is in actually backing it w.r.t warranty and customer support is sometimes the main factor in a consumer making a buying decision - cheers ^^
whistle blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:09 AM   #1173

As far as the company's policy is concerned, the 9 year old ram's warranty has been voided by G.Skill and we are merely executing the principle's instructions.
Thus there should be no more warranty.
Pictures of the burnt RAM as follows:

I guess Clon22's biggest mistake is to try and help you on a personal basis as he always does, trying to help fellow forum users.
He even offered 2 sticks of 4GB when your RMA is only 1 stick.
There is no thank you, no form of appreciation but in return malicious attack and demands.
This gesture of his is once again, his own personal initiative.

His offer still stands but we will not be able to post them to you as per your request, neither will we be able to provide any form of compensation.
We value all our customers and will do our best to provide service within reasonable demands.
Bluegrass_Corbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:59 AM   #1174
Arch-Supremacy Member

Even a child if he/she promises something and does not follow through they know they are not keeping their word so if saying something to someone and not doing it and following through is a "small matter" as a rep of a company running a business then i really worry for both you and Corbell if this is acceptable practice You know what would had really helped?

#1 Replying to my initial PM to you explaining who to look for and what exactly i would be sacrificing my time and effort to come over to your "service center" Not later after cock up? You understand that i made a 2nd trip to AMK based on your promises and investing more of my time and effort would resolve a problem right?

#2 Behaving like an adult who is professional instead of giving excuses (pointing fingers at a junior tech) when things cock up and you end up wasting the time of others *specifically* when you failed to follow through your promise! Instead of being a bigger person and apologizing/being accountable for your mistake, you insist on others spending more of their time and effort due to your mistake ...wow

As said i've already outlined what is to be done to mend fences, by not doing so you reflect badly on your "customer relations" skills and do not value the business, confidence and trust of a previously loyal Corbell customer. Though i wished my time/effort has not been wasted, the way you and your company have conducted themselves here only serves as a warning to others because as we know quality products are one thing but how committed a company is in actually backing it w.r.t warranty and customer support is sometimes the main factor in a consumer making a buying decision - cheers ^^
1. You expect any distributor to exchange your faulty items due to your personal carelessness with no questions asked? You damaged the ram yourself and you expect an exchange? RMA policies stated to only exchange if there are no signs of self inflicted damage which yours has already failed this criteria with the pictures shown by bluegrass above.

2. All rams comes with LIMITED lifetime warranty. It says LIMITED for a reason. Just in case you dont know, let me enlighten you, LIMITED lifetime warranty means as long as this SKU is has not reached the EOL (End of life) stage, you will still be able to rma your faulty parts. If the product already EOL, you just LLST la, else you expect them to change to a current SKU for u? If all distros do that, i think all will close down soon?

3. Clon22 tried to go out of the way to help you by offering his own set of rams at least you have something to use, and you get personal and attacked him. So thats the way of you having like an adult eh? Typical example of "Being kind to a dog by saving it and in the end get bitten by it".

Your defective item was self inflicted damage and also EOL, just accept it and move on

We dont need your personal opinion. Everyone here whom visited corbell to rma their product will know how corbell tries to help their customers. Just by your own non productive and non constructive opinion for corbell is not going to make a difference or tarnish their reputation

Last edited by KeYoKe; 01-08-2019 at 12:21 PM..
KeYoKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:58 PM   #1175
High Supremacy Member

1. You expect any distributor to exchange your faulty items due to your personal carelessness with no questions asked? You damaged the ram yourself and you expect an exchange? RMA policies stated to only exchange if there are no signs of self inflicted damage which yours has already failed this criteria with the pictures shown by bluegrass above.

2. All rams comes with LIMITED lifetime warranty. It says LIMITED for a reason. Just in case you dont know, let me enlighten you, LIMITED lifetime warranty means as long as this SKU is has not reached the EOL (End of life) stage, you will still be able to rma your faulty parts. If the product already EOL, you just LLST la, else you expect them to change to a current SKU for u? If all distros do that, i think all will close down soon?

3. Clon22 tried to go out of the way to help you by offering his own set of rams at least you have something to use, and you get personal and attacked him. So thats the way of you having like an adult eh? Typical example of "Being kind to a dog by saving it and in the end get bitten by it".

Your defective item was self inflicted damage and also EOL, just accept it and move on

We dont need your personal opinion. Everyone here whom visited corbell to rma their product will know how corbell tries to help their customers. Just by your own non productive and non constructive opinion for corbell is not going to make a difference or tarnish their reputation
add on to the point about "lifetime" warranty... the "life" in "lifetime" warranty is refers to the product's life (on the market)... not the customer's lifespan...

hence when the product is no longer in the market means warranty over...

self-entitled ppl think the "life" refers to their own life...

regards,
wacky
wackykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:14 PM   #1176

This was what was passed to me yesterday

As i have made 2 wasted trips investing time and effort coming over and having been played out on my most recent visit to your "service center" i shall not take your word for it and make a 3rd trip to see anyone to solve this issue. That said i dun want to beat around the bush and waste the time of others so i shall consider the matter closed if the RAMs are sent to my address via registered mail and/or a rep coming over if the wrong RAMs passed to me needs to be collected back? I would not step at Corbell's AMK "service center" now and for all time and refuse to buy or recommend any of their products to all i know should this gesture to mend fences not be made. I also suggest something to sweeten/compensate my time/efforts for the 2 wasted trips and promises unfulfilled on your part but thats optional?
Hello Mr Self Entitlement Prick User , just saw the pics from bluegrass and no surprise why it was voided

You mentioned you don't know what is gold finger burnt , here GPGT

Clon22 was nice enough to go beyond the service and offered you 2 rams FOC. Instead of feeling appreciative but ended up was getting attacked by you , typical self entitled Prick user. Really is bite the hand that feeds you.

Last edited by omfgwtf; 01-08-2019 at 01:20 PM..
omfgwtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:25 PM   #1177
High Supremacy Member

Carousell got so many 2x4gb DDR3 or even 1x 8gb selling cheaply. Cannot afford to get meh? U alrdy saved so much by using the PC for 9 yrs liao and not upgrading.

You can bring your $$ to the next big distro but i believe you will soon learn the difference. They are much more stricter and follow to the letter of the policy.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:02 AM   #1178

I have 6pcs of 580 8gb armor oc with no display and blue screen, i got it from other seller at carousell, at the backplate got CT sticker, but it says only 12month warranty, but as i know the msi card got 3 years of warranty. After all the card still at good condition, got no physical damage at all, am i still have my rights to claim the warranty? Purchase near end-2018 or earlier 2019 if im not wrong. If out of warranty can you guys do repair for me? Since still at good condition only blue screen or ND problem. Many thanks
Andri1608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 12:05 AM   #1179

If you can can repair it for me, im definitely bring my card to your place.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:12 PM   #1180
High Supremacy Member

I have 6pcs of 580 8gb armor oc with no display and blue screen, i got it from other seller at carousell, at the backplate got CT sticker, but it says only 12month warranty, but as i know the msi card got 3 years of warranty. After all the card still at good condition, got no physical damage at all, am i still have my rights to claim the warranty? Purchase near end-2018 or earlier 2019 if im not wrong. If out of warranty can you guys do repair for me? Since still at good condition only blue screen or ND problem. Many thanks
If you can can repair it for me, im definitely bring my card to your place.
Do you have the receipt with you ?
5star_pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 06:05 PM   #1181

But I do have personal spare ddr 3 modules.
I'll pass a 4GB module to them.
You can collect from them with your service form.
Cheers.
Thank you! PM sent..
I guess Clon22's biggest mistake is to try and help you on a personal basis as he always does, trying to help fellow forum users.
He even offered 2 sticks of 4GB when your RMA is only 1 stick.
There is no thank you, no form of appreciation but in return malicious attack and demands.
This gesture of his is once again, his own personal initiative.

His offer still stands but we will not be able to post them to you as per your request, neither will we be able to provide any form of compensation.
We value all our customers and will do our best to provide service within reasonable demands.
#1 First Clon22's offer to help was thanked by me and it is publicly posted as was his offer to "help" Whether he posted this online to give the idea that he is a generous guy and Corbell has "caring employees" or actually intended to fulfill his promise is open to debate.

#2 His offer to "help" was posted online and he along with you have this idea that such a "grand gesture" must be profusely appreciated and praised to the sky.

#3 Lets take a step back a minute and determine the facts again and what actually happened shall we?
a) clon22 posted online saying he would give away his own RAMs to solve my problem

b) I PMed him in an attempt to CONFIRM details because based on his promise i put my trust and confidence that investing my time and efforts *again* would solve my problem. Now this must be understood here! I didn't voodoo spell clon22 to "help" me then not fulfill his promise! Only AFTER cockup suddenly he shared details like tech guy name, what exact hardware he passed to him, etc He also seem to point the finger at this tech guy and offered no apology, accountability or responsibility whatsover

c) I alerted the issue on Corbell's FB page. The 1st post received no response whatsoever on 25/7. Only on the 30/7 post when i highlighted specifically on PROMISES NOT FULFILLED leading to the other party wasting time/effort based on this PROMISE did Corbell rep replied on FB. The rep there stated they would give me a call back and it has been 48hrs. Guess if they kept their word?

d) Oh the plot thickens when again i seek clarification this time on FB with Corebell staff! The rep on FB claims "Andy" who i assume is clon22 passed your tech guy i quote "DDR3 2133" RAMs. clon22 then says he has a pair of 4GB modules DDR3 1333. I also know that clon22 has been posting some really advanced threads showcasing Corebell products for years now! Once i read this i cannot help but scoff and chuckle to myself that such a person can confuse DDR3 2133 and DDR3 1333 and that involves an ancient G41 LGA 775 mobo no less!

So Corebell please stop with your nonsense and come clean please? I would give you the benefit of the doubt : clon22 posted online with good intentions i.e he decided to help by giving his own set of RAMs? Fine. So far his and your logic is : our magnificent magnanimous grand gesture makes us immune to being people who keep their word and any repercussions to others is not our responsibility nor concern of ours Think for a moment do you enjoy people never mind in professional or private life saying something, not keeping their word and expect you to invest your time/effort when things cock up? Be honest (i hope) If playing your customers out, spinning stories that do not match/make sense and wondering why you get called out for this is your idea of "valuing them" well it speaks for itself as the saying goes Lastly i'm pretty sure goodwill definitely involves following through on what you promise correct me if i am wrong?

Last edited by whistle blower; 02-08-2019 at 06:18 PM..
Old 03-08-2019, 03:17 PM   #1182

Do you have the receipt with you ?
I think i lost the receipt
Old 04-08-2019, 01:36 PM   #1183

#1 First Clon22's offer to help was thanked by me and it is publicly posted as was his offer to "help" Whether he posted this online to give the idea that he is a generous guy and Corbell has "caring employees" or actually intended to fulfill his promise is open to debate.

#2 His offer to "help" was posted online and he along with you have this idea that such a "grand gesture" must be profusely appreciated and praised to the sky.

#3 Lets take a step back a minute and determine the facts again and what actually happened shall we?
a) clon22 posted online saying he would give away his own RAMs to solve my problem

b) I PMed him in an attempt to CONFIRM details because based on his promise i put my trust and confidence that investing my time and efforts *again* would solve my problem. Now this must be understood here! I didn't voodoo spell clon22 to "help" me then not fulfill his promise! Only AFTER cockup suddenly he shared details like tech guy name, what exact hardware he passed to him, etc He also seem to point the finger at this tech guy and offered no apology, accountability or responsibility whatsover

c) I alerted the issue on Corbell's FB page. The 1st post received no response whatsoever on 25/7. Only on the 30/7 post when i highlighted specifically on PROMISES NOT FULFILLED leading to the other party wasting time/effort based on this PROMISE did Corbell rep replied on FB. The rep there stated they would give me a call back and it has been 48hrs. Guess if they kept their word?

d) Oh the plot thickens when again i seek clarification this time on FB with Corebell staff! The rep on FB claims "Andy" who i assume is clon22 passed your tech guy i quote "DDR3 2133" RAMs. clon22 then says he has a pair of 4GB modules DDR3 1333. I also know that clon22 has been posting some really advanced threads showcasing Corebell products for years now! Once i read this i cannot help but scoff and chuckle to myself that such a person can confuse DDR3 2133 and DDR3 1333 and that involves an ancient G41 LGA 775 mobo no less!

So Corebell please stop with your nonsense and come clean please? I would give you the benefit of the doubt : clon22 posted online with good intentions i.e he decided to help by giving his own set of RAMs? Fine. So far his and your logic is : our magnificent magnanimous grand gesture makes us immune to being people who keep their word and any repercussions to others is not our responsibility nor concern of ours Think for a moment do you enjoy people never mind in professional or private life saying something, not keeping their word and expect you to invest your time/effort when things cock up? Be honest (i hope) If playing your customers out, spinning stories that do not match/make sense and wondering why you get called out for this is your idea of "valuing them" well it speaks for itself as the saying goes Lastly i'm pretty sure goodwill definitely involves following through on what you promise correct me if i am wrong?

I see no point in continuing this argument, our gesture of goodwill has become a "promise" and an obligation to please you to your satisfaction.

It either you come take the ram or not, period.

Hope you have a good day ahead.
Cheers.
Bluegrass_Corbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 02:59 PM   #1184

I see no point in continuing this argument, our gesture of goodwill has become a "promise" and an obligation to please you to your satisfaction.

It either you come take the ram or not, period.

Hope you have a good day ahead.
Cheers.
As your rep in FB nor HWZ has not followed through my efforts in seeking clarification as to why the story you spun does not match up even within your own staff or makes sense after wasting the time and effort of others who acted upon your words/actions, i shall set aside a grace period of 72 hours from the time of this post before filing a report. For convenience sake this would be set as Thursday, 8th Aug 1500hrs. My 1st and original choice (for the record) to resolve the issue remains as follows

#1 Component #1 : As a result of wasting time/effort of others offer compensation (optional) If you hold the opinion that such an option is unfair do not comply? This is not a demand in any shape or form

#2 Component #2 : Either send by registered post of get a rep over to my place with one nos 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM as was what i believed investing time and effort was for coming over to your service center at AMK. This is non negotiable. If you feel the concession of 8GB of RAM i.e 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM is overly generous and falls under component #1 i would accept that as well.

If you 100% hold the opinion that your words, behaviour and conduct is above and beyond reproach, feel free to believe that one day i would cross that glass door at AMK to collect that which i was promised. I sincerely wish not to waste public resources but all of us have to toe the same standards and rules regardless of who we are or perceive ourselves to be?

The details of what acceptable resolution of issue is as follows:

a) I would be contacted via SMS or Whatsapp via a rep from your side with a scanned copy or pic of the posting slip. If you choose to send a rep over state a day/time convenient for your side. Once your side expresses an intention to comply with this (i.e component #2), i would interpret this also as an intention to settle the matter between ourselves?

b) Upon receiving a minimum of a single stick of 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM i shall send confirmation to your designated rep either verbally or a picture of it via SMS, whatsapp or if your wish a public posting in this thread or your FB page. This would then officially close the matter.

Thank You.

Last edited by whistle blower; 05-08-2019 at 03:06 PM..
Old 05-08-2019, 06:14 PM   #1185
High Supremacy Member

Interested to see what police report or small claims tribute you gonna file and if they will entertain u or not.
shadow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.