HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recurring seasonic psu problems.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2014, 02:09 PM   #16

wah...seasonic psu ho sey bo....dun scared me leh...i just bought a Seasonic X750 for its reliability....
sHrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:19 PM   #17
Arch-Supremacy Member

wah...seasonic psu ho sey bo....dun scared me leh...i just bought a Seasonic X750 for its reliability....
Probably is i just sway ba.This type of things can happen one..
Old 07-01-2014, 04:25 PM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

Take a look at this site now, 4 threads selling season is psu. Other Hardware Components
jtjt00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:50 PM   #19

Been having this problem where the com won't boot up normally while pressing the front panel power button. It's a seasonic X1050W. I would have to flip the psu switch as fast as i can between I and O for almost 30 mins to get it to power on after each shutdown. If i go to sleep mode instead of shutdown it boots up after 2 to 3 flips of the main psu switch.
Edit: Power is being suppplied to the mobo( mobo power on LED is glowing but it wont turn on )

First time the problem occured, it was found to have a faulty 3.3v rail and was RMAed.

Then a few months later, the second psu had the same problem but with no discernible faults with voltages.All the voltages from the rails were fine. Was RMAed again. But the third RMA had the same problem without any discernible fault with the voltages after only a few months.

i have checked every component individually like mobo and etc, brought them down to svc centre but they were found to be fine, including the psu which was strange so i swapped in my brother's psu and it booted up fine, no problems at all. Only my psu has this problem.

Did a memtest on mobo, no problem at all, surge protector and wall socket are okay so im not sure what's the problem..
I am also having similar issue like u. sometimes when booting up the com, it keep restarting after the window logo. i do need to turn off the PSU switch for abt 5-10sec & restart & everything is back to normal. sometimes during gaming, com will also freeze & auto restart, & i have to redo the same process again. had been adapted with the com mood already~
Old 07-01-2014, 10:14 PM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

Using seasonic psu?

I am also having similar issue like u. sometimes when booting up the com, it keep restarting after the window logo. i do need to turn off the PSU switch for abt 5-10sec & restart & everything is back to normal. sometimes during gaming, com will also freeze & auto restart, & i have to redo the same process again. had been adapted with the com mood already~
Old 07-01-2014, 11:48 PM   #21
Honorary Member

Using seasonic psu?
my seasonic psu recently giving me aids too

need to keep reseating the power cables else it will not boot
Old 07-01-2014, 11:53 PM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually booting issues may not always be PSU. Suspects can be graphics card or hard disk.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:43 AM   #23

i also had a cold boot problem with seasonic x850 after a year use. i have to press the power button repeatedly. if you searched google, there are many reported cases about this. please go rma it.
kimsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:21 AM   #24
Arch-Supremacy Member

i also had a cold boot problem with seasonic x850 after a year use. i have to press the power button repeatedly. if you searched google, there are many reported cases about this. please go rma it.
Did you have to flip the main psu switch while holding the power button at the same time?
Old 08-01-2014, 06:16 AM   #25

Actually booting issues may not always be PSU. Suspects can be graphics card or hard disk.
+1

Certain cold boot issues may be due to GFX and HDD.

I used to have an issue where I couldn't turn my PC on after shutting down. I.E. press power button but it doesn't turn on. Usually after being powered off for a long time (few hours) it will turn on when I press. But following an immediate shutdown it won't power up.

Turns out the Palit HD4850 was the culprit.
betaunknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:58 AM   #26

Seasonic X power series has this issue, last time mine 620W also got this issue. cannot on via the power button have to on off the main PSU switch several times den it will work. Until one fine day it died completely den I went for RMA.

Seems like it a common issue with a batch of the series. Change to a newer model features the hybrid fan and it got a mini upgrade to 650W. After that no such issue for me.
souler87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:11 AM   #27
Arch-Supremacy Member

If i am not wrong, the P series also got this issue.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #28
Master Member

My friend and me bought the X660 on the same day and both developed the random cannot power on issue after about half a year. Their RMA replacements have been rock solid though.
chong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #29
Arch-Supremacy Member

Seasonic X power series has this issue, last time mine 620W also got this issue. cannot on via the power button have to on off the main PSU switch several times den it will work. Until one fine day it died completely den I went for RMA.

Seems like it a common issue with a batch of the series. Change to a newer model features the hybrid fan and it got a mini upgrade to 650W. After that no such issue for me.
Mine the same.. Just that i put in sleep mode so i dont have to flip the switch and hold the power button for quite a long time..
Old 08-01-2014, 11:07 PM   #30

I'm using a Seasonic X-850W for a year+ and recently had the same problems. When I perform a cold boot, the comp will not boot but gets stuck somewhere at the booting process. After this I hard reboot a few times also cannot. Frustrated, I turn off main PSU switch and that usually will resolve the issue and the comp can then boot.

Is this the same issue you guys are facing?
damnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.