HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recurring seasonic psu problems.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2014, 11:49 PM   #31
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'm using a Seasonic X-850W for a year+ and recently had the same problems. When I perform a cold boot, the comp will not boot but gets stuck somewhere at the booting process. After this I hard reboot a few times also cannot. Frustrated, I turn off main PSU switch and that usually will resolve the issue and the comp can then boot.

Is this the same issue you guys are facing?
Mine is cannot boot at all. Have to straight use the main psu switch plus power button for 30 mins plus then can boot. Beginning only need to do the main psu switch then it turn on by itself. nw have to hold the power button plus flip psu switch then it can boot.

Now instead of shutting down i put in sleep mode cos faster bootup. Still have the same problem(have to use the same method as stated upwards) when want get out of sleep mode but less time to boot.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:56 PM   #32

Y not just head to Corbell and get it change? Since I'm quite certain that all of ur problematic seasonic PSU is still under warranty?
Lethal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:48 AM   #33

Y not just head to Corbell and get it change? Since I'm quite certain that all of ur problematic seasonic PSU is still under warranty?
Will need to show Corbell the issue ma. Usually I confirm the issue before bringing down to RMA.
damnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:57 AM   #34

Will need to show Corbell the issue ma. Usually I confirm the issue before bringing down to RMA.
Yea if high chance its PSU problem. Just bring over to them and get it tested. Any problem they will change one for u. No point creating a thread to talk about its problem, sometime really might be batch issue.

Anyway if urs is the old X series, high chance they might do a 1 to 1 exchange to the latest X series for u.

Do give them a call first to check if they have buffer for ur PSU.

Anyway I'm always satisfied with Corbell service! Thumbs up for them!

Last edited by Lethal; 09-01-2014 at 12:59 AM..
Lethal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:38 AM   #35

ya lor...just rma la..press the button for 30mins?..jus change.
sHrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:15 AM   #36
Master Member

This is due to the cold boot issue. Just get it change. Sadly, this is an issue known for their X series. I had changed 2 times for my Seasonic X1250.

Corbell are nice ppl, they will change for you.
Old 15-01-2014, 03:47 PM   #37

Using seasonic psu?
using CM PSU

Actually booting issues may not always be PSU. Suspects can be graphics card or hard disk.
anyway to run a test to check.
problem appeared intermittently, still able to check?
Old 16-01-2014, 12:31 AM   #38
Master Member

Take a look at this site now, 4 threads selling season is psu. Other Hardware Components
Doesn't mean jack shjt lah. Other than seasonic is a popular brand. I see most of video cards being sold in the video forum is from sapphire. So that means sapphire cards got lots of problem?
ramdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 09:14 AM   #39
AC2

This is the same issue I was having with my seasonic X1250 PSU. I had mine RMA twice. The current one is the 3rd PSU and so far no issue(hopefully it last).
The problem will occurred out of a sudden after months of use. When it happen, you will realised that the power button of the casing is not able to boot up your PC. the only methods are

1. switch off the PC from the main power socket and wait for 5-10min then switch on the main power socket (some sort of discharging I guess) and then press the casing switch ON" button and the computer will boot up for 1 time without issue

2. The other method is what I use. Press or flick the PSU on/off(I & O)switch AND the casing button(ON) at the same time or simultaneously. it will boot up the computer without issue. (Dont need to wait 30 min for this one haha)
The PSU will work without any issue as long as the computer is running.

"this issue only seem to affect the initial pwr up"

Last edited by AC2; 24-01-2014 at 09:18 AM..
AC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 09:42 AM   #40

Hey all, we understand the frustration when things are not working properly. Because we are user too.
If need help just bring the faulty PSU unit for our technician for a test. Good Day
Corbell-Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:41 PM   #41
Supremacy Member

Came across this thread while trying to search for Seasonic RMA details.

And mine exhibits exactly the same symptoms:
- can't power on via power button on PC casing
- must flip the switch at the back between O and | very fast to turn it on. Sometimes flipping the switch doesn't kick up the PC, just need to repeat until it finally kicks up

I can't find my receipt, but my warranty sticker is still valid (it's from CT). Is this covered by Corbell?
Comage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:43 PM   #42
Master Member

I can't find my receipt, but my warranty sticker is still valid (it's from CT). Is this covered by Corbell?
Yup CT indicates Corbell stock.
chong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:00 PM   #43
Featured Distributor for Hardware Clinic, Storage Clinic

Came across this thread while trying to search for Seasonic RMA details.

And mine exhibits exactly the same symptoms:
- can't power on via power button on PC casing
- must flip the switch at the back between O and | very fast to turn it on. Sometimes flipping the switch doesn't kick up the PC, just need to repeat until it finally kicks up

Yes, you can bring it down and let our guys check for you.

-Local MSI product arrival/price updates: Kabylake/Ryzen
-MSI TwinFrozr Club! Come join our very own SG club!
=My Cooling=
TRU12E Cu LE / Vapo LS Singlestage /
SF3D Inflection Pt CPU pot + Ryba slim GPU pot ver.2
clon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:12 PM   #44
gs
Master Member

the cold boot issues lay with alot of brands of psu...be it seasonic,superflower,fsp,coolermaster or even corsair...but what i can say..anything wrong with seasonice u just bring down to corbell..and normally is a straight away replacement with a brand new 1.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:28 AM   #45
AC2

the cold boot issues lay with alot of brands of psu...be it seasonic,superflower,fsp,coolermaster or even corsair...but what i can say..anything wrong with seasonice u just bring down to corbell..and normally is a straight away replacement with a brand new 1.

This is true!!.
AC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.