HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Selecting ''Discard changes and exit'' in MSI Bios causes Black screen A2 code freeze on cold boot

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By neobear224

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2018, 08:41 PM   #1

Question Selecting ''Discard changes and exit'' in MSI Bios causes Black screen A2 code freeze on cold boot

Selecting ''Discard Changes and Exit'' option in MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Bios causes Black screen A2 code freeze on next cold boot and BIOS Boot device into Windows Manager being Disabled on it's own.

However,
Selecting ''Save Changes And Reboot''option does not produce any Black screen A2 code freeze on next cold boot and no Boot device into Windows Manager being disabled on it's own.

I reproduce the problem 3 times just to be sure and I can verify that if you do not choose ''Save Changes And Reboot'' option in bios even if you are not changing anything but just browsing through the bios, the black screen A2 code freeze will come back. Not sure what is going on.
Anyone encounter or experience this sort of problem?

p.s. I fix the A2 Code freezing issue by unplugging and re-plugging all USB 3.0 ports (Keyboard And Mouse ) and the black screen A2 code freeze somehow disappears. It goes into normal booting sequence A2 -> 9C -> MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Dragon Logo Screen with delete button option to enter bios and boot back into Windows 10 normally.

Last edited by neobear224; 17-06-2018 at 02:53 AM..
neobear224 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2018, 01:47 AM   #2

Issued has been resolved! All credits goes to royfrosty! Thanks for reading!
Refer here for more info: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...t-5850802.html
clon22 likes this.
neobear224 is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.