HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Priority Pass] Lounges at Changi Airport

Like Tree153Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #166

There is an article in today's ST talking about banks, JetQuay and lounges access and complain is the lounges are getting more crowded these days.
The general quality of the lounge offerings in SIN is quite poor to start off with, even without the crowd. (The only possible exceptions would be some of SQ's own lounges limited to only business/first class pax).

I also find that airline lounges are usually of a much higher quality than third party lounges (e.g. those accessed by PP in SIN).
Awesom Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #167

The general quality of the lounge offerings in SIN is quite poor to start off with, even without the crowd. (The only possible exceptions would be some of SQ's own lounges limited to only business/first class pax).

I also find that airline lounges are usually of a much higher quality than third party lounges (e.g. those accessed by PP in SIN).

Agreed, all of PP Lounges in SIN are ordinary at best.

In other airports, PP also uses airlines lounges, most notably KAL Lounge and United Club. And in JFK T4, PP uses Oasis which SQ uses for their C Class pax. The lounge is quite nice IMO.
commonguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #168

Actually, I quite like the SATS lounges in Changi, which is used by airlines without their own lounges for their business/first class passengers. Certainly a step above the PP lounges and even the *G lounges (except for T1, where you can use TG's lounge, which is not bad).

This is also the lounge which you can get access using the ANZ Travel Visa card. Either charge $1,500 in the 30 days before, or use one of the two complimentary vouchers in the welcome pack.
Suleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #169
Master Member

Have never used such PP passes. Would like to give it a try. Which card should I apply in order to get such privileges? Any catch? Thanks in advance
bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:47 PM   #170

Have never used such PP passes. Would like to give it a try. Which card should I apply in order to get such privileges? Any catch? Thanks in advance
ANZ Travel Visa, Citibank Premiermiles and DBS Altitude Visa (or Amex) all offer PP for cardmembers. The card is good for two entries per year.

Some of the top end Visa Infinite cards like HSBC VI, or SCB Priority VI also offer an unlimited PP, can use as many times as you want.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:42 AM   #171
Master Member

ANZ Travel Visa, Citibank Premiermiles and DBS Altitude Visa (or Amex) all offer PP for cardmembers. The card is good for two entries per year.

Some of the top end Visa Infinite cards like HSBC VI, or SCB Priority VI also offer an unlimited PP, can use as many times as you want.
Thanks! Will be applying DBS Altitude Visa to try out the lounge.
bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #172
Supremacy Member

Agreed, all of PP Lounges in SIN are ordinary at best.

In other airports, PP also uses airlines lounges, most notably KAL Lounge and United Club. And in JFK T4, PP uses Oasis which SQ uses for their C Class pax. The lounge is quite nice IMO.
For free I don't mind as long as the lounge is clean as we only go there for a rest or a quick bite.
limpoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #173
Supremacy Member

Actually, I quite like the SATS lounges in Changi, which is used by airlines without their own lounges for their business/first class passengers. Certainly a step above the PP lounges and even the *G lounges (except for T1, where you can use TG's lounge, which is not bad).

This is also the lounge which you can get access using the ANZ Travel Visa card. Either charge $1,500 in the 30 days before, or use one of the two complimentary vouchers in the welcome pack.
Been to SATS lounge must say it is just like others.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #174

Been to SATS lounge must say it is just like others.
Really? At least I find that it is not cramped (like the KF Gold lounge in T2) & overcrowded (like both the KF lounges).

The decor is still alright (unlike the lounges for PP in all 3 terminals, where some of the furniture look like they have been there since Changi Airport first opened).

Most important of all, it has a toilet (unlike the KF Gold lounges in both terminals).
Old 03-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #175
Supremacy Member

Really? At least I find that it is not cramped (like the KF Gold lounge in T2) & overcrowded (like both the KF lounges).

The decor is still alright (unlike the lounges for PP in all 3 terminals, where some of the furniture look like they have been there since Changi Airport first opened).

Most important of all, it has a toilet (unlike the KF Gold lounges in both terminals).
I used the ANZ Card to access the SATS lounge, yes, it was empty and not crowded at all but maybe because of my flight timing.
Old 14-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #176
Supremacy Member

Back from a trip to Taiwan and used below lounges:

Skyview - crowded, not much food left (after mid-night), cannot sign-in and let a guest access for free

Green Market - empty (after mid-night), can order one set dinner, cannot take away, can sign-in and let a guest eat free

More (Taipei) - food and drink were okay, not crowded, can sign-in and let a guest access for free
Old 14-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #177

Hi All, want to confirm if I bring 1 guest using ANZ or DBS Altitude Priority pass, would I be charged a fee for the guest?

For citibank is not a problem, because they counted the guest as 1 visit.
sleeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #178
Supremacy Member

Hi All, want to confirm if I bring 1 guest using ANZ or DBS Altitude Priority pass, would I be charged a fee for the guest?

I think so, the best is to ask the lounge to confirm, if they don't know call your bank.
Old 14-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #179

As you said, PP from Citi allows it.

PP from both DBS and ANZ explicitly states that guests access is always chargeable. You could just try and if you're lucky they might not charge you. :-)
Old 14-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #180

Back from a trip to Taiwan and used below lounges:

Skyview - crowded, not much food left (after mid-night), cannot sign-in and let a guest access for free

Green Market - empty (after mid-night), can order one set dinner, cannot take away, can sign-in and let a guest eat free
Yes, recently more often that PP holders are "directed" to other lounges because Skyview is too crowded.

How is the food in green market? Good? Acceptable?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.