[Priority Pass] Lounges at Changi Airport

Tsting

Reaction score
Quick simple question.

Does SCB priority VI supplementary card holder gets his/her own PP?

Getting some contradictory answers from around the different threads

louist

Reaction score
Simple answer: No, not for the Priority VI.

Complicated answer: Priority members are able to use the 'Household recognition' benefit to grant Priority banking status to family (e.g. spouse). Family member can then apply for principal card without the necessary AUM and get their own unlimited PP. I suppose this means it's only applicable if family member has income of his/her own, though.

Quick simple question.

Does SCB priority VI supplementary card holder gets his/her own PP?

Getting some contradictory answers from around the different threads

dahnoob

Reaction score
There is a parallel thread about this. In that thread some people argued that it is possible, but I am not convinced that you can do it now, in 2017 without SSN and not having bank account in US.

Without SSN - yes
Without US bank account - yes
Without US address - no
Without SG Amex - no

So far 3 people from this forum alone have gotten their cards issued and delivered.

Tsting

Reaction score
Simple answer: No, not for the Priority VI.

Complicated answer: Priority members are able to use the 'Household recognition' benefit to grant Priority banking status to family (e.g. spouse). Family member can then apply for principal card without the necessary AUM and get their own unlimited PP. I suppose this means it's only applicable if family member has income of his/her own, though.

Thanks for clarifying.
Yeah I heard about the household recognition. Was wondering about the supplementary route as it seems faster. Guess it's a no go.

Spk307

Reaction score
Without SSN - yes
Without US bank account - yes
Without US address - no
Without SG Amex - no

So far 3 people from this forum alone have gotten their cards issued and delivered.

U mean only US address and SG Amex are enough to get a US card?

dahnoob

Reaction score
Then you can't. I've never mentioned anything about being able to get an US Amex for any average Joe. Also, you don't need to be moving to the states either, all you need is an address, which could be your friend or relative's. For someone who's interested in opening the door to US cards which offer better benefits, I don't think applying for a 30k pa Amex card is too much to ask for. Furthermore, you get 13k miles after spending $1.5k in the first 3 months.

And if person does not have AMEX, and/or is NOT going to be moving to US, then where the plan goes?

idwish

Reaction score
When you have a AMEX Platinum Card in SG, will you then get a US Platinum Card ? Will you then have to pay the annual fee for both US and SG cards?

Then you can't. I've never mentioned anything about being able to get an US Amex for any average Joe. Also, you don't need to be moving to the states either, all you need is an address, which could be your friend or relative's. For someone who's interested in opening the door to US cards which offer better benefits, I don't think applying for a 30k pa Amex card is too much to ask for. Furthermore, you get 13k miles after spending $1.5k in the first 3 months.

dahnoob

Reaction score
You don't need a SG plat to get a US plat. Any SG Amex will work, even the capitacard that comes with first year AF waiver. You can choose to close the SG account, and only pay the AF for the US version. You can also possibly get a waiver for your SG card if you spent a lot on that card

When you have a AMEX Platinum Card in SG, will you then get a US Platinum Card ? Will you then have to pay the annual fee for both US and SG cards?

vince123123

Reaction score
Would the annual fee for the US AMEX be waivable in your experiences? Otherwise need to look for the lowest fee AMEX.

You don't need a SG plat to get a US plat. Any SG Amex will work, even the capitacard that comes with first year AF waiver. You can choose to close the SG account, and only pay the AF for the US version. You can also possibly get a waiver for your SG card if you spent a lot on that card

dahnoob

Reaction score
For the platinum? Only when you sign up using a promo link that may come with first year waiver. Because of the airline + Uber credits, they will be unlikely to waive subsequent AFs. If you can make use of the $200 in airline and Uber credits, your effective AF is only $150 instead of $550.

You also get $100 for global entry, hilton/spg/marriott gold, unlimited PP for you+1guest, a whole bunch of car rental elite status, centurion lounge access, and most importantly FHR. All your supplementary cardholders enjoy all the benefits minus the airline and Uber credits. All these for $150 a year? I'd take it without hesitation.

Would the annual fee for the US AMEX be waivable in your experiences? Otherwise need to look for the lowest fee AMEX.

idwish

Reaction score
Can the uber credit be used in SG?

For the platinum? Only when you sign up using a promo link that may come with first year waiver. Because of the airline + Uber credits, they will be unlikely to waive subsequent AFs. If you can make use of the $200 in airline and Uber credits, your effective AF is only $150 instead of $550.

You also get $100 for global entry, hilton/spg/marriott gold, unlimited PP for you+1guest, a whole bunch of car rental elite status, centurion lounge access, and most importantly FHR. All your supplementary cardholders enjoy all the benefits minus the airline and Uber credits. All these for $150 a year? I'd take it without hesitation.

dahnoob

Reaction score
It doesn't work for actual Uber trips, but I have been able to use it for ubereats. Also, might wanna take this discussion elsewhere to stay on the topic of priority pass matters. I was merely providing an alternative solution, as some people are paying $500 for certain VI that offers unlimited PP for self+guest, or even the ridiculously priced $1.7k SG Amex plat charge.

Can the uber credit be used in SG?

laurent_rio

Reaction score

How do you apply it ? apply online on US AMEX website ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.