HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Priority Pass] Lounges at Changi Airport

Like Tree153Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2019, 06:35 AM   #1231

For me I just see the First Class one as being less crowded than the Business Class one. Maybe the F&B offerings are slightly better too, but not significantly.

Do give the Turkish Airline lounge a go too. It's further on from the SKL opposite the JAL lounge.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
Thanks. I saw that first and business class share the same middle counter (those that serve chicken rice, etc), thus I thought they are the same, at least in terms of food.

Care to share the good point for Turkish Airline lounge? Never been there before.
404_NotFound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 06:41 AM   #1232
Master Member

Thanks. I saw that first and business class share the same middle counter (those that serve chicken rice, etc), thus I thought they are the same, at least in terms of food.

Care to share the good point for Turkish Airline lounge? Never been there before.
I like the TK one because there's a lot of seating, not crowded, windows that bring in natural light and sealed from main D wing so not so noisy.

Miracle is okay but it can get quite noisy at times when there are big tour groups waiting at the Visa on Arrival area downstairs.

Food wise Miracle has a better spread than TK. AFKLM, Oman and Bangkok Air have pretty decent food options that are better than TK's too.

swirl360 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 12:12 PM   #1233

Yes possible

is it possible to enter lounge on arrival back to Singapore?
worldrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 12:19 PM   #1234
High Supremacy Member

So which Miracle lounge in bkk airport best? The one in terminal 1 or2
ahboy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 10:04 PM   #1235

Yes possible
Which lounge allows that ? Tried a few and they said cannot
bwaysaikryptonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 10:42 PM   #1236
Supremacy Member

Which lounge allows that ? Tried a few and they said cannot
Yes possible. I go there to have my meals if I land at lunch/dinner timing. I never say anything I just pass them my boarding pass (XXX - SIN) and PP.
AMD_FREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2019, 06:54 AM   #1237

T&C states usage of priority pass at airside is for departing flight. Any deviation we better keep quiet to enjoy it. Later they enforce and plug this hole, just like Haven lounge used to no need show boarding pass u till some joker turn up everyday in singlet treating it as his personal cafe.
Yes possible. I go there to have my meals if I land at lunch/dinner timing. I never say anything I just pass them my boarding pass (XXX - SIN) and PP.
undiscern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2019, 08:09 AM   #1238
Supremacy Member

T&C states usage of priority pass at airside is for departing flight. Any deviation we better keep quiet to enjoy it.
Yes, if you get lucky, and if a lounge agent grants you an exception, so be it.

However, the Priority Pass T&Cs do allow access to lounges upon arrival in two situations:

1. If the lounge is part of the program and specifically designed for arriving passengers — an “arrival lounge” by name. (London Heathrow has a couple such lounges.) It wouldn’t be fair to put “XYZ Arrival Lounge” in the program, a lounge that only arriving passengers can access due to the airport layout, and then deny every member entry.

2. If the lounge is part of the program, in the United States, and you have a same day ticket/boarding pass (arrival or departure). Priority Pass doesn’t have very many U.S. lounges, but I think they grant a blanket exception there because they’re competing to some extent with the lounge membership programs that American, Delta, United, and Alaska Airlines sell to access their own lounges. As I recall, those U.S. airline lounge programs allow same day arriving paid members to access lounges.

Please note that in Singapore it’s illegal to buy a ticket and to clear immigration if you don’t have the intention to leave Singapore. However, I suppose you could buy a fully refundable ticket to Kuala Lumpur or to some other relatively inexpensive destination then enter the landside lounge with your Priority Pass (or Dragon Pass) membership. (There’s one such lounge at Changi Airport.) That’d be silly and even a little pathetic, but technically it’d be consistent with program rules.
BBCWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:38 AM   #1239
High Supremacy Member

T&C states usage of priority pass at airside is for departing flight. Any deviation we better keep quiet to enjoy it. Later they enforce and plug this hole, just like Haven lounge used to no need show boarding pass u till some joker turn up everyday in singlet treating it as his personal cafe.
Yes, if you get lucky, and if a lounge agent grants you an exception, so be it.

However, the Priority Pass T&Cs do allow access to lounges upon arrival in two situations:

1. If the lounge is part of the program and specifically designed for arriving passengers — an “arrival lounge” by name. (London Heathrow has a couple such lounges.) It wouldn’t be fair to put “XYZ Arrival Lounge” in the program, a lounge that only arriving passengers can access due to the airport layout, and then deny every member entry.

2. If the lounge is part of the program, in the United States, and you have a same day ticket/boarding pass (arrival or departure). Priority Pass doesn’t have very many U.S. lounges, but I think they grant a blanket exception there because they’re competing to some extent with the lounge membership programs that American, Delta, United, and Alaska Airlines sell to access their own lounges. As I recall, those U.S. airline lounge programs allow same day arriving paid members to access lounges.

Please note that in Singapore it’s illegal to buy a ticket and to clear immigration if you don’t have the intention to leave Singapore. However, I suppose you could buy a fully refundable ticket to Kuala Lumpur or to some other relatively inexpensive destination then enter the landside lounge with your Priority Pass (or Dragon Pass) membership. (There’s one such lounge at Changi Airport.) That’d be silly and even a little pathetic, but technically it’d be consistent with program rules.
Oh well... What to do...

There are always such people around who will openly abuse loopholes until it gets closed up

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT
Henabi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:34 PM   #1240

So for food Miracle First Class at concourse D is the best?

Read Turkish is new and not bad but food option is quite bad. What about AFKLM vs Miracle overall?

Last edited by adgjl321; 03-05-2019 at 09:36 PM..
adgjl321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 11:19 AM   #1241
Master Member

I prefer the AFKLM food. YMMV

swirl360 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2019, 10:43 PM   #1242
Supremacy Member

Presently I am a member of Priority Pass as I have DBS Altitude card. If say I apply for another card eg CitiPremier Miles card (which also has 2 free lounges per year), will I get a total of 4 complimentary lounge visits a year?

After I get the Citipremier miles card, will Priority pass know immediately ?
Old 14-05-2019, 11:13 PM   #1243

Presently I am a member of Priority Pass as I have DBS Altitude card. If say I apply for another card eg CitiPremier Miles card (which also has 2 free lounges per year), will I get a total of 4 complimentary lounge visits a year?

After I get the Citipremier miles card, will Priority pass know immediately ?
Citipremier will give you a separate PP card for their 2 complimentary lounge visit. It doesnt get added to the count you have for DBS Alt.
princessreiko likes this.
eD1s0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 10:10 AM   #1244
Supremacy Member

Citipremier will give you a separate PP card for their 2 complimentary lounge visit. It doesnt get added to the count you have for DBS Alt.
That means I would need to apply for another PP membership under Citipremier?
Meaning after I get the Citipremier card, then I would have to apply to PP for another membership?
Old 15-05-2019, 12:30 PM   #1245

That means I would need to apply for another PP membership under Citipremier?
Meaning after I get the Citipremier card, then I would have to apply to PP for another membership?
Yes there is an application form given with the Citi card
princessreiko likes this.
ohmyglob is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.