HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

American Express KrisFlyer Card

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2018, 11:19 PM   #61
Master Member

I just had my card cancelled as I refused to pay 50% annual fee and refused to take up the offer to have it waived fully by having any recurrent bills (Starhub, M1, True Yoga and 1 -2 more merchants) paid through the card.

The CSO claimed that unlike banks that have other revenue generating means, AMEX collects annual fee to maintain the service standard that it offers.

Now it is time for me to look for an alternative card to pay for GRAB rides.
Amex doesn't charge merchants for using its service?
limpoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 09:51 AM   #62
Master Member

That is BullCRAP from the CSO.

I always get my Annual Fees 100% waived by AMEX ( and others)

If not , I'll just cancel the card .

The CSO claimed that unlike banks that have other revenue generating means, AMEX collects annual fee to maintain the service standard that it offers.
Knightoftheblackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 09:46 PM   #63

Do you have high spend? In my past experience yes Amex is one bank strict in waiver.
timothybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 04:33 AM   #64

Do you have high spend? In my past experience yes Amex is one bank strict in waiver.
Nope, have always got my Ascend and rewards cards annual fees waived.
Ultimately, depends on if u need the benefits like complimentary night and some vouchers, if not, just push for a full waiver.

And I havenít spend more than 5k a year recently.
Spk307 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 06:08 PM   #65
Arch-Supremacy Member

I just signed up and hit the $2500 spend for bonus KF miles. So I should stop using the card now since other cards have better benefits? Or upgrade to the ascend Kf card for the bonus miles too?
cybercom8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 06:41 PM   #66

You can upgrade but the 5000 miles first transaction bonus is not eligible anymore. Others are still eligible provided that you pay the annual fee.

I just signed up and hit the $2500 spend for bonus KF miles. So I should stop using the card now since other cards have better benefits? Or upgrade to the ascend Kf card for the bonus miles too?
dhwang_best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 04:39 AM   #67
Arch-Supremacy Member

You can upgrade but the 5000 miles first transaction bonus is not eligible anymore. Others are still eligible provided that you pay the annual fee.
thanks, so it's better to just apply for a new ascend kf card?
cybercom8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 06:03 AM   #68
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks, so it's better to just apply for a new ascend kf card?
You can only hold one Krisflyer branded card from amex. Note that ascend does not have first year annual fee waiver
cybercom8 likes this.
ceecookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 09:55 AM   #69

Yes. The 5000 bonus point is once per lifetime. You enjoyed one time, that’s done. It’s linked to your ID not your card.

You can only hold one Krisflyer branded card from amex. Note that ascend does not have first year annual fee waiver
Old 17-01-2018, 09:57 AM   #70

Actually you can ask for first year fee waiver if you give up ALL benefits.

Old 17-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #71

Yes. The 5000 bonus point is once per lifetime. You enjoyed one time, thatís done. Itís linked to your ID not your card.
Never say never. I have got it twice already, though with a gap a several years between my two Amex KF cards. And yes I have only one NRIC.
starbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 02:08 PM   #72

As much as I enjoyed the cards while they last, I cancelled mine since the CSO (who claimed he was a relations officer on duty) was not keen to offer full waiver with no terms.

Perhaps a new signup in future will allow me to enjoy new enrollment offer again?

Actually you can ask for first year fee waiver if you give up ALL benefits.
I know of a case where the person gave up the freebies for first year fee waiver too. It was done at a roadshow held in a company though. Does it affect the sign up offer too?
bluetwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 02:30 PM   #73

That’s good news

Never say never. I have got it twice already, though with a gap a several years between my two Amex KF cards. And yes I have only one NRIC.
Old 17-01-2018, 02:31 PM   #74

Don’t know any sign up bonus

As much as I enjoyed the cards while they last, I cancelled mine since the CSO (who claimed he was a relations officer on duty) was not keen to offer full waiver with no terms.

Perhaps a new signup in future will allow me to enjoy new enrollment offer again?

I know of a case where the person gave up the freebies for first year fee waiver too. It was done at a roadshow held in a company though. Does it affect the sign up offer too?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.