AMEX Platinum Charge Card

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the benefit of this card is only the welcome gift right?
beside it being metal and min income, since 200k/annual is plenty right here.

Thai_Rak_Thai

Master Member
Reaction score
the benefit of this card is only the welcome gift right?
beside it being metal and min income, since 200k/annual is plenty right here.
I quite like the lounge access and the occasional meals via love dining/restaurants and tower club

IceShelterX

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah the welcome give is awesome.
then you need to fully utilise the lounge access and love dining.

purplewave

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I still think the annual fee is too much since most of the "benefits" I would not have used if not given the "credits"

bathtub_ninja

Reaction score
I got approved some time ago despite not hitting $120,000. Read MileLion's reviews and figured being an AMEX card holder for almost a decade since started working has to count for something. I have never used AMEX primarily though I have been getting emails from them to increase my credit limit.

My annual income is less than $100K, average HDB dweller, no car, no kids, never had any CC debts, always paid in full and by due date for all my CCs, occasional 6 or 12 months instalments for larger ticket items (though not with Amex).

The perks are somewhat attractive to me, though definitely got wife-aggro after telling her of the annual fees. I like the occasional finer things in lives and I hate crowds - so having access to some of these exclusive spaces is somewhat worthwhile to me. I can see myself using quite a number of perks (airport lounge and complimentary travel insurance) and spending at some of the places, so I think it will offset the annual fees.

Welcome gift is quite similar to the Platinum Credit Card, will need to spend $8k to get the bonus miles - if you have family members getting appliances for their new place that might be a way to hit the milestone.

seeklightsoon

Reaction score
I got approved some time ago despite not hitting $120,000. Read MileLion's reviews and figured being an AMEX card holder for almost a decade since started working has to count for something. I have never used AMEX primarily though I have been getting emails from them to increase my credit limit.

My annual income is less than $100K, average HDB dweller, no car, no kids, never had any CC debts, always paid in full and by due date for all my CCs, occasional 6 or 12 months instalments for larger ticket items (though not with Amex).

The perks are somewhat attractive to me, though definitely got wife-aggro after telling her of the annual fees. I like the occasional finer things in lives and I hate crowds - so having access to some of these exclusive spaces is somewhat worthwhile to me. I can see myself using quite a number of perks (airport lounge and complimentary travel insurance) and spending at some of the places, so I think it will offset the annual fees.

Welcome gift is quite similar to the Platinum Credit Card, will need to spend $8k to get the bonus miles - if you have family members getting appliances for their new place that might be a way to hit the milestone.
Congrats. You can join the chat group to get more mileage out of the card:
https://t.me/AmexPlatSG

Thai_Rak_Thai

Master Member
Reaction score

actually The annual fee is subsided a lot. Just requires some spending on your end to maximize. Enjoy the journey. I find the lounge travel extremely useful

Thai_Rak_Thai

Master Member
Reaction score
Was comparing my friend and my card. Mine has the word platinum on the front. His is on the back. Does Amex change their designs yearly?

Transcendent

Master Member
Reaction score
seems its become a mass market card, available to most ppl with good ** record and willing to pay the AF? just saw no income req published for this card

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seems its become a mass market card, available to most ppl with good ** record and willing to pay the AF? just saw no income req published for this card
you are right, they removed the min income now. maybe with 30k also can apply

1l92041H

Reaction score
Can u imagine those sohai agents who don’t actually use the air travel perks and paid the annual fees so they can show off the “$200k” card on social media or tik tok

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.