HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

AMEX Platinum Charge Card

Like Tree259Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2007, 09:57 PM   #1

AMEX Platinum Charge Card

Does anyone know how to apply for the AMEX Platinum Charge Card? Its not available on the website. Only the Platinum Credit Card is available.

I am interested in the benefits which look pretty neat.

http://www.americanexpress.com/sg/pe...ifestyle.shtml
final1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 01:35 AM   #2

Talking Amex Plat Charge card

I sadly to say that Amex Plat Charge Card is only given thru Invitation. Only invite from Amex are able to apply.. but no worries Amex Plat Credit Card is re-launching with the same benefits as the charge card plus more additional benefits such as Free Clubbing Benefits like prior entry que and special events invites..and many more..

Amex Plat Credit Card will be having its re-luanch on 7 sept The Cannery.
Look out for our Sales Ambassador around...

PS: Free Cash Voucher of $300bucks to use at outlets in The Cannery.

http://www.americanexpress.com/sg/pe...editcard.shtml

Visual_Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:45 AM   #3

honestly bro...amex is probably one of the least popular cards (diner is the other). many establishments do not accept amex cards..apparently due to the high charges imposed on merchants. if this is to be your only card, then you are probably better off with a VISA or MASTERS. but if you already have those 2, then an AMEX is ok la. if you lead a high life, the plat cards' privileges will be useful...but if you don't, then their perks might not be too appealing
devilish_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:08 AM   #4
Master Member

i like amex becos they damn pro customer lah...good bank

they just need to work on having more people willing to accept their cards

wah..cannery as in clarke quay? wah near my office...good escuse to go hooters

Last edited by Thai_Rak_Thai; 06-09-2007 at 09:11 AM..
Thai_Rak_Thai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:01 AM   #5

The Amex Plat Credit Card got the below privillage or not? Charge Card got ler...

Airport Lounge Privileges
Plaza Premium Lounges were uniquely designed to help the weary traveler relax and unwind, 24 hours a day. Built with a full range of facilities that include showers, massage therapy, gyms, and a healthy snack menu, these lounges will no doubt calm and soothe your senses. Business travelers can also continue to work with high-speed Internet connections, office equipment and even secretarial support. Now, exclusively for American Express Platinum Card members and you will enjoy the comfort of Plaza Premium Lounges, in the airports of Singapore, Kuala Lumpur. With our compliments, of course.

In addition, American Express Platinum Card members also receive complimentary access to some of the world’s most hospitable airport lounges – Delta Crown Room Club®, Continental Airlines President Club® and Northwest Airlines WorldClubs®.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:18 PM   #6

I have already been carrying an amex for a long time.
I have had no problems with areas where i can use it.
Its always my first choice. Second choice is my visa. But i actually rarely use my visa since most places i go accept my amex.

@alamak
Those benefits are only for charge card. Charge card is higher level than credit card. Income requirement is also higher.
final1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:57 AM   #7

Thumbs up THE NEW RE-LAUNCH AMEX PLATINUM CREDIT CARD

http://www.americanexpress.com/sg/ca...MXBANHPGPH2A19

A Powerful Lifestyles Credit Card... nonetheless!!

Great for those who often Hang out there... Not just for clubbers but diners too will get great benefits..
Visual_Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:01 PM   #8
Master Member

road show what time today bro?
Old 07-09-2007, 01:39 PM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

I find Amex's customer service staffs more professional and sounded more willing to assist you thru the phone with your card problems.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/el...r-4131460.html
PsyNidE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:55 PM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

I find Amex's customer service staffs more professional and sounded more willing to assist you thru the phone with your card problems.
You're right. I like Amex the best as compared to the other banks. I'm so darn blurdy impressed with their service. I lost my card in the morning,they got it to me in the afternoon. Not only so, when they wanted me to apply for the card, I told them I'll be flying to Europe for 1.5 months.

If you want me to take it, send the card to my french address. They DHLed it all the way there, and only activated the card after dropping me a Email, and given me a call on my french mobile phone to verify that I'm the correct owner.

Super duper impressed.

[IMG]http://openflights.org/banner/inix.png[/IMG]
Inix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:14 PM   #11

Agreed tat amex provided the best service among the cards.. Widely accepted in other part of world but SG merchant dun really like to accept amex.. Krisflyer is the useful card i'm holding, enjoying the conversions
edgarlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:22 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

I sadly to say that Amex Plat Charge Card is only given thru Invitation. Only invite from Amex are able to apply.. but no worries Amex Plat Credit Card is re-launching with the same benefits as the charge card plus more additional benefits such as Free Clubbing Benefits like prior entry que and special events invites..and many more..

Amex Plat Credit Card will be having its re-luanch on 7 sept The Cannery.
Look out for our Sales Ambassador around...

PS: Free Cash Voucher of $300bucks to use at outlets in The Cannery.

http://www.americanexpress.com/sg/pe...editcard.shtml

Does the cash voucher apply to online applications? Do you think you want to contact me? I want to apply for the card. One condition is that I need the "Feed at Raffles" sent to me ASAP also...

[IMG]http://openflights.org/banner/inix.png[/IMG]
Inix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:08 PM   #13

Does the cash voucher apply to online applications? Do you think you want to contact me? I want to apply for the card. One condition is that I need the "Feed at Raffles" sent to me ASAP also...
I am the supp card holder from my dad....
applied 2 months back still haven't received "Feed at Raffles"...
berlo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:12 PM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am the supp card holder from my dad....
applied 2 months back still haven't received "Feed at Raffles"...
If im not mistaken that card is only for the main card holder

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/el...r-4131460.html
PsyNidE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:58 PM   #15

Thumbs up

Yes, for the feed of raffles card only main card will received it. Why not just take borrow it from your dad when u dine in.. or else why not apply a main..

By the way there are 20% discount when u dine in at Aurum,Bice,Necterine and Barfly... All at cannery..

Barfly great place to dine..before 10pm after 10pm where u'll get 1-for-1 drink all housepour all night all year around... not just there but the whole of cannery bars, pubs and disco.... ( MOS and Clinic)
jantaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.