HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Amex Platinum Reserve VS Citi Prestige

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2019, 09:22 PM   #1

Question Amex Platinum Reserve VS Citi Prestige

Hi, I would like to get some advice as I am only planning to keep 1 card. Either the Amex Platinum Reserve or Citi Prestige. Which card should I keep?
Transcendent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 11:18 PM   #2

Depends on whether you are playing the miles game and is a frequent traveller. If yes to above, keep prestige.
Hi, I would like to get some advice as I am only planning to keep 1 card. Either the Amex Platinum Reserve or Citi Prestige. Which card should I keep?
undiscern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 01:50 AM   #3

Amex has some hotel promos from time to time, like the recent hilton group discount. But most of the time the 4th night free for prestige would be a better option
pacificstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:07 PM   #4

thanks all for advices, i decided to keep the Amex Platinum Reserve and cancel the prestige as my job benefit entitles me to free and discounted travel so probably will not be playing the miles game.
Transcendent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 04:37 PM   #5

thanks all for advices, i decided to keep the Amex Platinum Reserve and cancel the prestige as my job benefit entitles me to free and discounted travel so probably will not be playing the miles game.
Lol, if you are traveling often thru work, your priority should be to earn miles and take benefit of loyalty points / miles.
Amex platinum reserve is pointless for hotel statuses and lounge access. You can get the restaurant discounts from platinum credit card which is cheaper.
Prestige is the card where it is easiest to recoup the annual fee. The miles provided for annual fee almost offset the fee cost. Even if not, one stay at a premium hotel with 4th night free should get you the fee back.
Spk307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.