Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anybody here with CitiGold?

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2015, 12:32 PM   #1
Master Member

Anybody here with CitiGold?

Subj? Number of questions:

- What is the best/worst you've experienced so far?
- Are you satisfied with your RM?
- Does Citi charge ATM fees with withdrawal at oversees ATM? If yes, what kind of fees?
- Does Citi add 2% of withdrawal amount as a fee when withdrawal is done at overseas ATM (like other banks do?)
- Do they have an option to send funds to overseas accounts from Internet Banking as conveniently as DBS? What are charges and currency conversion fees?

Thinking moving form HSBC to Citigold - HSBC finally got me to the point that I can't handle it any more.

I can use your referral and we then can split the referral fee. If you are OK with the condition, send me a PM, but I'd appreciate if you can answer above questions as well.
invisible999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:43 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

how about this one??
http://www.dbs.com.sg/treasures-priv...o-btnlearnmore
focus1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 01:08 PM   #3
Master Member

how about this one??
http://www.dbs.com.sg/treasures-priv...o-btnlearnmore
I already have account with DBS, they are probably the best local bank but I need in line with HSBC Global Transfers and Citigold is the only alternative.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:14 PM   #4

- Does Citi charge ATM fees with withdrawal at oversees ATM? If yes, what kind of fees?
- Does Citi add 2% of withdrawal amount as a fee when withdrawal is done at overseas ATM (like other banks do?)
- Do they have an option to send funds to overseas accounts from Internet Banking as conveniently as DBS? What are charges and currency conversion fees?

Thinking moving form HSBC to Citigold - HSBC finally got me to the point that I can't handle it any more.

I can use your referral and we then can split the referral fee. If you are OK with the condition, send me a PM, but I'd appreciate if you can answer above questions as well.

I wouldn't say best/ worst cos to be very honest, i'm not really optimising their benefits. Would rather say pet peeve / best gesture from them...
Peeve - too many cold calls from their them.
Fav gesture - the vouchers & gift basket sent on my birthday was nice. DBS treasures, UOB & Standchart's gestures wasn't as nice though i'm a member of their equivalent.

Not really, maybe cos i'm not really a top tier Citigold member and not really optimising their services. My RM changes like every 3/4 month and i have to go through the same sales call with the new RM time LOL.

Not sure. Since you have US bank a/cs or CCs and if you are still earning some passive income in USD, my sense is that should use the US cards right? I'm using my US based cards when doing foreign currency withdrawal. I could be wrong... but am under the impression that SG based accounts, you are subjected to double conversion - from that foreign currency to USD, the USD to SGD. I'll rather be charged one spread rather than be subjected to 2 x spread.

No comment. Reason as above

YES, but the last time i used it was 2/3 years ago. Have been using DBS cos of their promotions for overseas funds transfers every now and then... Specific charges can be found on their website.... as far as i can recall, not much difference in the charges.

NO interest in the referring people anymore.. the last time i did it, got to chase Citi to credit... not worth my time LOL.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:11 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

Fav gesture - the vouchers & gift basket sent on my birthday was nice
wah you power sia, my friend is citigold private client also never get gift basket on her birthday, only some vouchers to redeem for birthday cake - even then, have to self collect
lalaisgongon likes this.
cybercom8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:13 PM   #6

Best Experience - Sign up gift. Previously, they gave $500 for locking in AUM of S$200K for 6 months. Now, you need to bring in S$250K, which I guess is due to a lower SGD vs USD.

Satisfied with RM - yes, because I told her not to bother me and she has never bother me as told after account is opened.

ATM fees - Citibank doesn't charge ATM fees at ATM withdrawal overseas on their own Citibank ATM machines. Exchange rates are also make known to you so that you can decide whether to go ahead with the withdrawal or not. Not very good exchange rates compared to best money changer but good enough for convenience.

Overseas transfer fee - Free if it's from Citibank to another Citibank account. But again not the best exchange rate you can find out there, more for convenience.

Referral - I get S$200 if I refer you and you get $500 of shopping vouchers. You need to bring in at least $250K to them and possibly lock in 6 months. PM me your details if you are keen and I can ask my RM to call you. Her service is good and she can even meet you somewhere at your convenience to complete the application without you needing to drop by the bank.

ocmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:39 PM   #7

What happened with HSBC for you to want to move to Citigold?

Anyways, are the perks of being part of Citigold/Premier bank/Priority bank that good? I'm hesitant to join because the RMs only sell mutual funds and I think I will earn more if I plan my own equities portfolio... and I think RMs are the only reason to join priority banking for ease of bank transactions..
INCIDENTFLUX likes this.
cheaponana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:00 PM   #8

wah you power sia, my friend is citigold private client also never get gift basket on her birthday, only some vouchers to redeem for birthday cake - even then, have to self collect
well, i think it has got something to do with the massive screw up i encountered weeks prior and my quite pissed off feedback to them
Old 10-09-2015, 02:22 PM   #9
Master Member

Referral - I get S$200 if I refer you and you get $500 of shopping vouchers. You need to bring in at least $250K to them and possibly lock in 6 months. PM me your details if you are keen and I can ask my RM to call you. Her service is good and she can even meet you somewhere at your convenience to complete the application without you needing to drop by the bank.
I am thinking moving due to promised 60K miles as well. Is there any catch with that? Do I need to open PremierMiles card before becoming CitiGold?

What happened with HSBC for you to want to move to Citigold?
They ****ed up my wire transfers and when I went to talk with them at Raffles place I got "I have no idea about this here, why don't you call and talk to them" and my RM is not responding to emails. BTW, over the course of 2 years RMs have changed 4 times.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:03 PM   #10

I am thinking moving due to promised 60K miles as well. Is there any catch with that? Do I need to open PremierMiles card before becoming CitiGold?
citigold customers are eligible for the ultima card.
kitkat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:17 PM   #11
Master Member

What is gives to me and do they require you to pay annual fee?
Old 10-09-2015, 11:29 PM   #12
High Supremacy Member

they do not give benefits for those who had existing accounts within 12 mths, ie must cancel accounts 12 mths later then get citigold then can get benefits.

isnt it a stupid idea to reject potential customers who wanted to deposit big sum of money with them?
Old 11-09-2015, 11:45 AM   #13

Ultima are for Citigold private client with around 2-5m AUM, and its 4000 dollar annual free, that includes 1for 1 biz class and free 1night hotel stay per booking.
lalaisgongon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:01 PM   #14
Master Member

Ultima are for Citigold private client with around 2-5m AUM, and its 4000 dollar annual free, that includes 1for 1 biz class and free 1night hotel stay per booking.
I have loooooooooooooooong way to go to qualify for that and to me it is completely stupid idea to pay $4000 fee for a card.
lalaisgongon likes this.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:20 PM   #15

I have loooooooooooooooong way to go to qualify for that and to me it is completely stupid idea to pay $4000 fee for a card.
Theres a discussion on 1 or 2 more chats. For those that travel regularly it seems to work for them. Plus they give you 150k Miles for that annual fee.
lalaisgongon is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.