HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Applying cc via email?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2019, 10:34 PM   #1

Applying cc via email?

Hi guys just heard from my colleague that previously when he applied for cc, it was via some email with the bank’s staff (think those earn commission if manage to “sell” the cc to the public), and succeeded. Prior to that he had tried apply online just a month before and got declined.

So just checking if anyone know about this? Wanna apply for DBS Altitude but got rejected previously :/ is it true these kind if staff applications make it “easier”? And if so how could one contact them?

Thanks in advance!
goblinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:14 PM   #2
Master Member

Another way you can try is to apply during roadshows with the sales officer. Some of them get commission for application applied through them and some may be motivated to help you get approval for the card. But this may varies from time to time.
hclee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:32 PM   #3

Yea i tried searching for roadshows as well but like no updates etc :/

Another way you can try is to apply during roadshows with the sales officer. Some of them get commission for application applied through them and some may be motivated to help you get approval for the card. But this may varies from time to time.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:56 AM   #4
Master Member

Yea i tried searching for roadshows as well but like no updates etc :/
Which bank are you looking in particular so that I can advise. Usually I see Citibank at Bugis MRT station. CIMB / HSBC / SCB usually outside Acrade at Raffles Place. UOB usually outside their UOB Orchard Branch near Centrepoint. AMEX at ION Orchard basement.

As for DBS cards, recently there isn't seem to be any roadshows. You may wish to leave your contact details at this website for a telesales officer to call you to see if that works for you:

https://www.dbs.com.sg/Contact/dbs/l...s/default.page

Last edited by hclee01; 12-07-2019 at 01:04 AM..
hclee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:55 PM   #5

Hi thanks for the reply! Im looking for DBS one, went to a branch today to ask but they asked me to apply online instead :/ guess ill just do that hahah

Which bank are you looking in particular so that I can advise. Usually I see Citibank at Bugis MRT station. CIMB / HSBC / SCB usually outside Acrade at Raffles Place. UOB usually outside their UOB Orchard Branch near Centrepoint. AMEX at ION Orchard basement.

As for DBS cards, recently there isn't seem to be any roadshows. You may wish to leave your contact details at this website for a telesales officer to call you to see if that works for you:

https://www.dbs.com.sg/Contact/dbs/l...s/default.page
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.