Bank of China Elite Miles World Mastercard

richloo

Reaction score
My reward points seem like lesser than by local spending(4.5x). CSO also can't tell which has been excluded, but just repeat the TnC to me.
May I ask if grabpay or grab top up excluded?

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
My reward points seem like lesser than by local spending(4.5x). CSO also can't tell which has been excluded, but just repeat the TnC to me.
May I ask if grabpay or grab top up excluded?

I calculate mine over 3.84 points for Dec 1.5x extra point for local spend

Reaction score
Base points earned to date have been accurate to the last digit. No exclusions, but then I didn't spend on any wallet top ups (GrabPay, etc). The only oddity was foreign currency spend processed in Singapore was given only 4.5 points; not a large amount, so I'm not going to waste my time calling them up on this.

Bonus points still not in....even for spend posted on my first statement (October). It's 3 months now. Maybe I should call them.

dhwang_best

Reaction score
Bonus points for me just came in, received and using this card last October

Base points earned to date have been accurate to the last digit. No exclusions, but then I didn't spend on any wallet top ups (GrabPay, etc). The only oddity was foreign currency spend processed in Singapore was given only 4.5 points; not a large amount, so I'm not going to waste my time calling them up on this.

Bonus points still not in....even for spend posted on my first statement (October). It's 3 months now. Maybe I should call them.

amigoeva

Reaction score
My elite miles card doesn't seem to appear on my online banking account. Anyone has such issue?

moozmoow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My elite miles card doesn't seem to appear on my online banking account. Anyone has such issue?
You need to go down to BOC branch to link your card to ibank

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6010 using GAGT

sunsunshine

Reaction score
How do you apply for this card now? I can't find it on the BoC website.

Not listed "openly" on their website now but here's the link: picbankofchina.com/bocappd/singapore/201901/P020190110363700887035.pdf

They group it under multi-card application form.

urban_closet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got the card last year, swiped some txns in Jan. Then noticed that there's no way to automatically sign up for estatements..

I suppose you have to pay something for the higher earn rate?

And to my last statement.. is there still a high earn rate for local spend?!? 1.5 miles per dollar?

jmtham

Reaction score
I got the card last year, swiped some txns in Jan. Then noticed that there's no way to automatically sign up for estatements..

And to my last statement.. is there still a high earn rate for local spend?!? 1.5 miles per dollar?

The 2mpd earn rate ended in Dec 2018. It's back to base earn rate 1.5mpd and 3mpd for foreign transactions.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Need to go BoC branch to link the card to BoC internet and mobile banking.

linuskltan

Reaction score
There's a notice in my recent BOC credit card statement that effective 15 March 2019, revision of terms and conditions for BOC Elite Miles MasterCard as follows: http://bit.ly/BOCEM. The footnotes states "Updated as of 28 Dec 2018"

Comparing with the July 2018 T&Cs, I noticed that following major changes:
1. BOC Rewards Points/Miles validity reduced by 1 year, from 1 to 1.5 years, to 1 day to 0.5 yr.
2. Local/Overseas spend, from being based on local/foreign currency, to being based on location/country where payment was processed.
3. Terms for Plaza Premium Lounge access has "disappeared"

Last edited:

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's a notice in my recent BOC credit card statement that effective 15 March 2019, revision of terms and conditions for BOC Elite Miles MasterCard as follows: http://bit.y/BOCEM. The footnotes states "Updated as of 28 Dec 2018"

Comparing with the July 2018 T&Cs, I noticed that following major changes:
1. BOC Rewards Points/Miles validity reduced by 1 year, from 1 to 1.5 years, to 1 day to 0.5 yr.
2. Local/Overseas spend, from being based on local/foreign currency, to being based on location/country where payment was processed.
3. Terms for Plaza Premium Lounge access has "disappeared"

Hm. The link not working

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.