HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Bank of China Elite Miles World Mastercard

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2018, 10:31 AM   #91

None of those

Always pay Statement full on time

you have impending loan (like student loan etc) or too low spending on specific cards / bank?
like me i have pretty high credit limit with UOB but DBS will reject application because i dun spend much on their cards...it is a form of preference for some banks.
dhwang_best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 10:33 AM   #92

Give up.

Anyway, bank has their absolutely right to reject my CC application

Different banks, different credit algorithm modelling. (E.g age, education, gender, marital status, CBS score, CBS history, type of job, position, company type, income, length of employment etc) this will depend on the individual banks P&L history for each segment, e.g where they are hit with the most loss or made the profits.

Similar to how insurance companies price their products (e.g car loan)
Old 31-08-2018, 10:44 AM   #93

Give up.

Anyway, bank has their absolutely right to reject my CC application
Don’t worry bring your business elsewhere. OCBC rejected my application on 365 credit card a few years back, even though I was their Robinson credit card cust (albeit Low spender - Robinson stuff expensive and I m not high SES) and previously their FD customer. Zzzzzz not sure what kind of additional risk if they just approve using the same limit.

Didn’t even bother to ask them to review and just bring my spending elsewhere since I have a card with all the other banks.
LexusIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 01:04 PM   #94
Arch-Supremacy Member

Submitted on 30th Jul. just logged in to Credit Bereau site and saw BOC applied new application on 20th Aug. I guess need another week to receive the card.
[MINDLESS RANTING]
submitted on 2nd day of roadshow...Logged in Credit Bereau saw them enquire on 22nd Aug...Before that I called them twice in a span of 3 weeks...I told them I have overseas spending and a wedding lunch to pay for (It's like HELLO?!? $$$$$ for them), would it be possible to expedite a bit? and they keep saying we will try our best...

Jesus Christ...I understand this is a smaller offshore bank but this is the slowest application experience I have had so far. I had seamless experience applying via online banking platform for the local banks or with Citi...and I always pay my bills in full in all my credit cards and I checked my Credit Bereau rating...my credit rating is flawless...

So I am very very puzzled why it's taking donkey ages to just issue me the darn card??!? Perhaps they just want to issue to the customers nearer to the promo ending date?
[/MINDLESS RANTING]
AshleyRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 02:05 PM   #95

[MINDLESS RANTING]
submitted on 2nd day of roadshow...Logged in Credit Bereau saw them enquire on 22nd Aug...Before that I called them twice in a span of 3 weeks...I told them I have overseas spending and a wedding lunch to pay for (It's like HELLO?!? $$$$$ for them), would it be possible to expedite a bit? and they keep saying we will try our best...

Jesus Christ...I understand this is a smaller offshore bank but this is the slowest application experience I have had so far. I had seamless experience applying via online banking platform for the local banks or with Citi...and I always pay my bills in full in all my credit cards and I checked my Credit Bereau rating...my credit rating is flawless...

So I am very very puzzled why it's taking donkey ages to just issue me the darn card??!? Perhaps they just want to issue to the customers nearer to the promo ending date?
[/MINDLESS RANTING]
They are overwhelmed...Existing card holder apply for this also take damn long.
alan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 04:18 PM   #96
Master Member

hi ppl, i would like to apply for this card but cannot seem to find the online application. is it required to head down to the branch to get this credit card? i do not have any account with BOC.
Old 31-08-2018, 04:22 PM   #97

https://mainlymilescom.files.wordpre...ation-form.pdf
hi ppl, i would like to apply for this card but cannot seem to find the online application. is it required to head down to the branch to get this credit card? i do not have any account with BOC.
copy of the application form, fill and mail out.
silverbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 04:59 PM   #98
Arch-Supremacy Member

copy of the application form, fill and mail out.
And then wait.... forever
civicguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:11 AM   #99

I havenít received yet
battledome64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:53 PM   #100

Applied late Jul and haven’t received yet...
Old 13-09-2018, 07:33 PM   #101

Itís finally here after 1.5 months of waiting.
galacticnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 09:23 PM   #102

Are you existing or new to BOC?
wcw1350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 07:24 PM   #103

Swipe boc elite c at TGM T2.. cashier say cant use.. maybe need use another email address to tag boc card for arrture acc
lwh888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 09:21 PM   #104
Master Member

Mine's here too. Just that mine has no card, only rejection letter.
fone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 09:59 PM   #105
Arch-Supremacy Member

Swipe boc elite c at TGM T2.. cashier say cant use.. maybe need use another email address to tag boc card for arrture acc
don't under how email address has to do with cannot use the card. you activated the card already?
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.