Bank of China: Family Rebate Visa Platinum Card

SCG8866T

Reaction score
Hi guys, do u guys know when will the sup card additional 2% rebate be credited? Tnc said next billing cycle but never specify the exact date and also what is the name for the rebate on the cc statement? Thanks!

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, do u guys know when will the sup card additional 2% rebate be credited? Tnc said next billing cycle but never specify the exact date and also what is the name for the rebate on the cc statement? Thanks!
Lumped together with the rebate for dining etc, credited towards end of next billing cycle

mubz96

Master Member
Reaction score
Is retail spending at singtel telco store qualifies for the category of selected merchants?

shpesft

Reaction score
Is retail spending at singtel telco store qualifies for the category of selected merchants?

5% only from official big three mobile companies including their online portal. If the phone company retailers (neighbour shop type), at most 0.3% on main card with 2% if using Supplementary Card (“Others” category).

mubz96

Master Member
Reaction score
5% only from official big three mobile companies including their online portal. If the phone company retailers (neighbour shop type), at most 0.3% on main card with 2% if using Supplementary Card (“Others” category).
How abt spending at those singtel exclusive retailer? Still entitled to selected merchant category?

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score

do you guys ever used supp card owned by your spouse, but your spouse not with you, I think cashier will not check it

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've read through the TnC. Just want to confirm that there's no minimum number of transactions required to get the rebates for BOC Family Card. Thanks!

Mickey01

Reaction score
the credit card customer service hotline is forever on hold - more than 30 minutes and still unable to speak to their CSO.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the credit card customer service hotline is forever on hold - more than 30 minutes and still unable to speak to their CSO.

Has been quite bad last few mths. Ever since they stop fee waiver. Used to be very good.

Mickey01

Reaction score
honestly I won't pay $190++ annual fees for this card to have to wait forever to speak with a customer service officer. Most other card call centers, I most i have to hold is less than a few minutes. Usually very prompt.
By the way, any other way (like through internet banking) to activate card magnetic stripe for overseas usage besides speaking with the CSO?

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
honestly I won't pay $190++ annual fees for this card to have to wait forever to speak with a customer service officer. Most other card call centers, I most i have to hold is less than a few minutes. Usually very prompt.
By the way, any other way (like through internet banking) to activate card magnetic stripe for overseas usage besides speaking with the CSO?

You can do it through the phone, no need speak with CSO. Debit card can be done through the App. I don't know why credit cards can't.

I just did it in end Oct.

Q2: How should I activate my BOC Card if I am travelling?

A2:please follow these steps:

a) Call our 24-hour Customer Service Hotline at 1800 338 5335 (local) or +65 6338 5335 (overseas)

b) Press 3 for Credit Card & MoneyPlus enquries

c) Key in your 16-digit card number

d) Key in your 6-digit telephone PIN

e) Press 3 for card activation & deactivation for overseas transactions

f) Press 1 to set your card activation period

g) Once confirmed, your card will be activated for overseas use immediately

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.