Best Credit Card for Tax/IRAS Payment

dennisleu

Reaction score
As far as I know, all credit card banks will credit to your account in which you mention the GIRO deduction with IRAS. Then IRAS will deduct via GIRO accordingly. The credit card banks will not pay to IRAS directly. As such, you can sign up for income tax payment from various credit card companies to earn points. Just have to make sure you need to compute the service charges (if any) against the points you are getting to see if it is worth it or not.

so that is the norm.

alamak, i blur blur terminated my previous DBS GIRO. but ANZ would never know. they still continue to reimburse me the supposedly monthly payment to IRAS.

so now i gotta rearrangement GIRO deduction from DBS again. :(

thank you for the confirmation.

gobbyyy02

Reaction score
actually to see which card is best for you ie pay road tax, IRA etc, you can use dbs' compare credit cards tool. Gives u a breakdown of what each card allows you to do all in one page. Don't have to have new page for each card. Like the Esso card allows u to pay road tax and motor insurance in installments.

Suleyman

Reaction score
actually to see which card is best for you ie pay road tax, IRA etc, you can use dbs' compare credit cards tool. Gives u a breakdown of what each card allows you to do all in one page. Don't have to have new page for each card. Like the Esso card allows u to pay road tax and motor insurance in installments.

All DBS/POSB Visa and MCs can be used to pay road tax, income tax and property tax. You just need to do so at the AXS machine.

In this case, the card which obviously gives the most points/miles is the Altitude Visa card.

jazzalbart

Reaction score
As I know, The IRS only authorizes a few companies to accept credit card transactions to pay your taxes. But processing credit cards isn’t free and the IRS allows these companies to charge a “Convenience Fee” to process your credit card payment.

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which credit card has the lowest or no service fee for income tax payment??

tildveryn

Reaction score
Pay your taxes | HSBC Singapore
hsbc also able to get point rewards...
but i see the fine prints... there is service charge... so not worth it....

so still dbs cards are most worth for tax paying?
and only can do at axs... thats the only method

right?

tildveryn

Reaction score
Best way is still to use DBS/POSB card at AXS. Can still get points.

So use DBS/POSB credit card to pay it at AXS...
then later use Xtrasaver card to pay NETs for the DBS/posb credit card bill...
guess thats the best method liao/....

so now... which DBS/POSB have the best benefit? :)

Boon Sim

Reaction score
Hi All,

Given all that has been said, I want to pay my tax bill via AXS, however on IRAS website for AXS payment instructions:"

Please bring along your original payment voucher to make payment. You can either key in the Payment Voucher No. or scan the bar code, which is located at the bottom of the payment voucher. The payment voucher is issued together with your Tax Bill if you are not on the GIRO payment plan.

If I am currently paying via GIRO and don't have the payment voucher, do I need to call up IRAS tomorrow and ask them to generate one? I can't find this on the notice of assessment. Or can I just key in my NRIC and pay the outstanding balance at the AXS machine? Thanks!

kokchoong

Reaction score
Hi All,

Given all that has been said, I want to pay my tax bill via AXS, however on IRAS website for AXS payment instructions:"

Please bring along your original payment voucher to make payment. You can either key in the Payment Voucher No. or scan the bar code, which is located at the bottom of the payment voucher. The payment voucher is issued together with your Tax Bill if you are not on the GIRO payment plan.

If I am currently paying via GIRO and don't have the payment voucher, do I need to call up IRAS tomorrow and ask them to generate one? I can't find this on the notice of assessment. Or can I just key in my NRIC and pay the outstanding balance at the AXS machine? Thanks!

When it ask for reference number at the AXS machine, you can use your NRIC.

I paid income tax at AXS for dad, wife, myself w/o having any payment voucher number. Just use NRIC

Boon Sim

Reaction score
When it ask for reference number at the AXS machine, you can use your NRIC.

I paid income tax at AXS for dad, wife, myself w/o having any payment voucher number. Just use NRIC

thanks kok choong. will try this out tomorrow.

lyndonmaxewell

Master Member
Reaction score
I used AXS machine with DBS Altitude Card no points credited leh! Called up the CSO, he also confirmed such payment from AXS machine no points credited. Who here try got wans?!?

commonguy

Reaction score
I used AXS machine with DBS Altitude Card no points credited leh! Called up the CSO, he also confirmed such payment from AXS machine no points credited. Who here try got wans?!?

Me and several others here in the forum.
You sure you did the payment from the DBS button and not the standard bill payment?

lyndonmaxewell

Master Member
Reaction score
Me and several others here in the forum.
You sure you did the payment from the DBS button and not the standard bill payment?

yup, the DBS/POSB logo from the right side of the screen. And then few days later I made a call to the CSO. Someone called Darren told me bills such as tax payment to IRAS made is not counted for pts. Just nice that one would have made it towards the $12,000 spend before 31st Oct for the 11,000 milage pts.

You got the points for DBS Altitude card?

commonguy

Reaction score
yup, the DBS/POSB logo from the right side of the screen. And then few days later I made a call to the CSO. Someone called Darren told me bills such as tax payment to IRAS made is not counted for pts. Just nice that one would have made it towards the $12,000 spend before 31st Oct for the 11,000 milage pts.

Yes, and not only for one payment, as I also did the tax payment for other family members and got the points for all these txns. The DBS points can be seen online few days after transaction.

I did the payment in June/July, maybe they changed it in the mean time?? I certainly hope not.

kokchoong

Reaction score

I got the points too.

You mean you checked your statement / internet banking and you did not see any points? Or you reached this conclusion purely from what this Darren CSO told you?

lyndonmaxewell

Master Member
Reaction score
I got the points too.

You mean you checked your statement / internet banking and you did not see any points? Or you reached this conclusion purely from what this Darren CSO told you?

Both. My payment was done in September. It had been 7 working days before I called the CSO to check on why points were not credited.

kokchoong

Reaction score
Both. My payment was done in September. It had been 7 working days before I called the CSO to check on why points were not credited.

That is very strange.
I paid some taxes thru AXS around end Aug and the points are credited.

I certainly hope they did not change their policy.

Soul77

Reaction score

Hm. are you sure you press the correct menu? are you being asked to key in your last 3 digit ccv (the one at the back of your credit card)?

Because I just made payment for SP bill this way last week, and I get the points.
My tax payments was in july, and it get points also.
Go to your credit card online bill, unbilled transactions, what does it say? (mine showing AXS)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.