HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best credit card for wedding banquet

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2019, 09:55 AM   #1

Best credit card for wedding banquet

Any pros here to introduce the best card for payment to wedding banquet?

I Have confirm a wedding banquet at around 40k. However, the hotel is kind enough to let me pay slowly but I need to pay all during the actual day.

Right now I start paying 2k per month using UOB one card to get the maximum cash rebate of 5%. From my calculations I will still have outstanding payment even I pay 2k every months till actual day.

Therefore I can still use another card to pay monthly so that during my wedding banquet everything will be settle.

Any good card to intro for paying like 1k per month with maximum cash back benefits? I see some card offer more than 5% for dining with some min spent per month, not sure paying hotel consider the categories dining?

Thanks in advance
otahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 07:34 PM   #2

Amex True Cashback card, 3% for first 6k if you don't already have.

Maybank Platinum Visa on 1k per month, $100 cashback every quarter (3.33% cashback)

HSBC Advance if you're willing to open an Advance account, 2.5%/3.5% if above 2k

Don't forget for UOB One you need to have at least 5 transactions a month too, so don't forget to spend elsewhere on small transactions too.

Or get your partner to open UOB One too lol
cassowary18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 10:34 PM   #3

I used my citi premilermiles amex to swipe for the banquet. Used the miles earned and accumulated over e years to redeem honeymoon airtix
Transcendent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 11:31 PM   #4

Amex True Cashback card, 3% for first 6k if you don't already have.

Maybank Platinum Visa on 1k per month, $100 cashback every quarter (3.33% cashback)

HSBC Advance if you're willing to open an Advance account, 2.5%/3.5% if above 2k

Don't forget for UOB One you need to have at least 5 transactions a month too, so don't forget to spend elsewhere on small transactions too.

Or get your partner to open UOB One too lol
All around 3% only I think uob one still best. Ya Hor can get my partner open. My hotel say he will bill me 5 time to let me get 5 transactionslol
Old 23-08-2019, 12:13 AM   #5

All around 3% only I think uob one still best. Ya Hor can get my partner open. My hotel say he will bill me 5 time to let me get 5 transactionslol
Wah so nice. Congrats on your engagement btw!!
Old 23-08-2019, 12:27 AM   #6

I used my citi premilermiles amex to swipe for the banquet. Used the miles earned and accumulated over e years to redeem honeymoon airtix
Actually this isn't a terrible idea too esp if you haven't bought your honeymoon tix. Probably can save more. Just shop around for the best miles card (I'm a cashback chaser, no knowledge about miles sorry)
Old 23-08-2019, 01:00 AM   #7
Master Member

Any pros here to introduce the best card for payment to wedding banquet?

I Have confirm a wedding banquet at around 40k. However, the hotel is kind enough to let me pay slowly but I need to pay all during the actual day.

Right now I start paying 2k per month using UOB one card to get the maximum cash rebate of 5%. From my calculations I will still have outstanding payment even I pay 2k every months till actual day.

Therefore I can still use another card to pay monthly so that during my wedding banquet everything will be settle.

Any good card to intro for paying like 1k per month with maximum cash back benefits? I see some card offer more than 5% for dining with some min spent per month, not sure paying hotel consider the categories dining?

Thanks in advance
Aug and Sep, Maybank giving 5% cashback for one of their credit cards with min $3K spending, you can check with the bank for more details
tiertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 05:47 AM   #8
Master Member

Or if the hotel allows you to enter the card number manually, payment via grabpay credit card earns you grab rewards plus 10% rebate if topped up via UOB one card (reports of max $30k spending a year only).
fone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 09:09 AM   #9
Master Member

Miles card I suppose BOC Elite Miles is the best for now? 1.5 mpd

or CitiPremierMiles/DBS Altitude for 1.2 mpd without expiry
Old 25-08-2019, 02:56 PM   #10

Actually this isn't a terrible idea too esp if you haven't bought your honeymoon tix. Probably can save more. Just shop around for the best miles card (I'm a cashback chaser, no knowledge about miles sorry)
I understand but I rather take the cash back and buy from budget airline during promotions. Miles change is those Singapore airline 1 right? Dun need sit so good la...
Old 25-08-2019, 02:57 PM   #11

Or if the hotel allows you to enter the card number manually, payment via grabpay credit card earns you grab rewards plus 10% rebate if topped up via UOB one card (reports of max $30k spending a year only).
Got hotel can pay thr grab pay 1 Ar need to check
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.