Card for Uber and Grab

ice_angel

Reaction score
Need to take heaps of grab

I take Grab everyday to work. So I have enough points. Just want to know if it is a good deal. If it is good then I will proceed with conversion, otherwise the points will expire end of the year anyway. :)

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Grabrewards announced the rate to convert grab rewards points to Krisflyer miles!

12000 points (11000 for platinum member) can be convert to 2K KF miles now. After 31 Oct will be 1K KF miles.

Is this a good conversion rate?

For calculation purpose, for gold member,
9K point can convert to $25 off a Grab ride.
2K point can convert to $5 off a Grab ride.
3800 point can convert to $10 off a Grab ride.

So 12000 points is roughly equivalent to $32.89 for a gold member? This makes the conversion at around 1.64 cents per mile.

The calculation is not exactly accurate. Grab can adjust the points required for ride discount. In this case, you should base on miles (after conversion) earned per dollar.

The rate is :

Promotional rate (Platinum): $1 =2.91 miles
Promotional rate (Regular): $1= 2.67 miles
Normal Rate (Platinum & Regular)= 1.45 miles

http://milelion.com/2017/10/12/grab-rewardskrisflyer-conversion-going-live-heres-need-know/

If u are regular member now, the rate is 2.67 miles per dollar. Combined with a miles card earning 1.2 mpd, total earning is 3.87 mpd which is quite good

I would xfer the points to krisflyer so that they are valid for 3 years

evets

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody usually citibank points to offset grab ride?

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
While topic is about Uber/Grab, just a sidenote - took Comfort Taxi and paid with MasterPass. 10% fee was added into the bill.

Should I assume that it is normal and paying via MasterPass has no difference in terms for fees as paying via real credit card?

P.S. BTW, one info about Uber. If you open app, enter the destination, but do not call the car and close app, then after subsequent requests prices for ride will increase.

I saw this when requesting UberX from Haw Par Villa to Tanjong Pagar. On first iteration it displayed $13.50 for UberX. One second iteration it was already $18.90. I called Comfort and paid $11.50 including $1.08 admin fee.

Last edited:

vince123123

Reaction score
Theres no 10% when you book through the app and pay by masterpass. In fact, you can enter promo codes like MC1 and MC3 to get $1 or $3 off.

As for Uber, it depends on demand. I've seen it go up after subsequent tries and go down as well.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
While topic is about Uber/Grab, just a sidenote - took Comfort Taxi and paid with MasterPass. 10% fee was added into the bill.

Should I assume that it is normal and paying via MasterPass has no difference in terms for fees as paying via real credit card?

P.S. BTW, one info about Uber. If you open app, enter the destination, but do not call the car and close app, then after subsequent requests prices for ride will increase.

I saw this when requesting UberX from Haw Par Villa to Tanjong Pagar. On first iteration it displayed $13.50 for UberX. One second iteration it was already $18.90. I called Comfort and paid $11.50 including $1.08 admin fee.

You using visa via masterpass? 10% fee waived if use mastercard via masterpass. And promo codes eg mc1 or mc3 only applicable if using mastercard via masterpass.

Uberx pricing can fluctuate up or down by the seconds.

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
not sure where's the right comfort thread to ask.

anyone managed to use Samsung Pay MST on comfort credit card terminal b4?

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
Theres no 10% when you book through the app and pay by masterpass.

Code:
VISA xxxxxxxxxxxx2886
METER FARE $ 8.70
CURRENT BOOKING CHARGE $ 2.30
TOTAL FARE $ 11.00
ADMIN $ 1.10
GST(ON ADMIN) $ 0.08
Above. Booked via Comfort app.

You using visa via masterpass? 10% fee waived if use mastercard via masterpass.

Aha, so VISA/MC matters. Next time will put either Citi Rewards MC or DBS WWMC. BTW does Citi award 10x of Comfort rides?

Last edited:

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
Uberx pricing can fluctuate up or down by the seconds.

Why not everyone try to do the experiment - on a slow day - like 11AM on Saturday or on Monday just open Uber, enter destination check price for UberX, close. Open it again, enter the same destination and see how price changes.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Code:
VISA xxxxxxxxxxxx2886
METER FARE $ 8.70
CURRENT BOOKING CHARGE $ 2.30
TOTAL FARE $ 11.00
ADMIN $ 1.10
GST(ON ADMIN) $ 0.08
Above. Booked via Comfort app.

Aha, so VISA/MC matters. Next time will put either Citi Rewards MC or DBS WWMC. BTW does Citi award 10x of Comfort rides?

Yes. Citi rewards mastercard award 10x points when tested in jan 2017, based on the spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ffbzrIlK7iTO_IAT7nzk8ULWf1zsRX9F-rniLbRwwR4/edit?usp=drivesdk

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is in case i need to clock spending for mobile payment for OCBC frank promo. 10% rebate offsets the 10% admin fee.

Well I think there are better means to clock the spending eg buy ntuc vouchers.

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
sorry to bump this up but anyone knows if the

AMEX/Android Pay 4MPD stacks with the AMEX/GRAB 3.3MPD?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.